Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

I guarantee Chelsea will make moves in the next window. No deal is done until the contract has been signed. Money talks and new signinhs after a takeover is almost certain
Im not saying they wont after a takeover but their moves will start from the takeover, not now. literally as Tuchel has said

Widow

Im not saying they wont after a takeover but their moves will start from the takeover, not now. literally as Tuchel has said
I'm not so sure. That would be incredibly poor planning. You may have t wait to ct but the players you want can be lined up ready. It's not like players don't agree on a contract with multiple clubs before deciding on the one they join. This has been reported many times before.

As for Tchouameni, i think it's a poor link as Chelsea are already really strong in CM. No doubt Monaco is dropping all the names they can in the hope to start a bidding war.

cyberman

I'm not so sure. That would be incredibly poor planning. You may have t wait to ct but the players you want can be lined up ready. It's not like players don't agree on a contract with multiple clubs before deciding on the one they join. This has been reported many times before.

As for Tchouameni, i think it's a poor link as Chelsea are already really strong in CM. No doubt Monaco is dropping all the names they can in the hope to start a bidding war.
Players and agents will have discussions with various clubs? Thats my point, nobody is authorised to do anything at Chelsea. What can anybody offer a target now? Here, Utd have offered me 200k a week and this is their project for next season. Chelsea cannot counter any of that because they don't have a clue about financing at the very least. This isn't a new manager, its a new owner of a club who were bankrolled by a sugar daddy. In all likelihood theyll be at Spurs or Arsenal level of fees.
Its just lazy journalism

Last edited:

sparx99

Chelsea might struggle if the sale gets delayed. Liverpool, Real Madrid and PSG are all good fits though and with those three in for him, Monaco must be hopeful of a bidding war.
I swear you used to see players turn down moves when the teams interested were stacked.

Like I know Tchouameni would be confident of succeeding but would you got Liverpool when you’ve got Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago in place?

Or Madrid when you have Kroos, Modric, Valverde, Camavinga, etc already there.

Widow

Players and agents will have discussions with various clubs? Thats my point, nobody is authorised to do anything at Chelsea. What can anybody offer a target now? Here, Utd have offered me 200k a week and this is their project for next season. Chelsea cannot counter any of that because they don't have a clue about financing at the very least. This isn't a new manager, its a new owner of a club who were bankrolled by a sugar daddy. In all likelihood theyll be at Spurs or Arsenal level of fees.
Its just lazy journalism
We'll agree to disagree.

Kaushal

Im not so sure about that. Jorginho and kante are getting on. Other than them they haven’t got anyone who can play in that position. But they do have to fill many positions especially in their defence before thinking about throwing big money at Rice or Tchouameni.

Infra-red

I swear you used to see players turn down moves when the teams interested were stacked.

Like I know Tchouameni would be confident of succeeding but would you got Liverpool when you’ve got Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago in place?

Or Madrid when you have Kroos, Modric, Valverde, Camavinga, etc already there.
By the time you make it as a player who is good enough to be coveted by these kind of clubs, you have already outperformed your peers at multiple levels all the way through various youth systems and eventually in to regular first team football at a club in one of Europe's big 5 leagues.

The odds are massively against any individual ever making a career as a football player - I don't think we should be surprised therefore that players like Tchouameni might fancy themselves to continue to defy the odds, after many years of doing just that. I think most top players think that way and would back themselves to succeed at most clubs, given the opportunity.

sparx99

By the time you make it as a player who is good enough to be coveted by these kind of clubs, you have already outperformed your peers at multiple levels all the way through various youth systems and eventually in to regular first team football at a club in one of Europe's big 5 leagues.

The odds are massively against any individual ever making a career as a football player - I don't think we should be surprised therefore that players like Tchouameni might fancy themselves to continue to defy the odds, after many years of doing just that. I think most top players think that way and would back themselves to succeed at most clubs, given the opportunity.
Oh I get the psychology. Just feels like we used to hear about players being concerned about playing enough.

Varane and Aaron Ramsey said similar things when they had the chance to join us.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
  • Negotiations for Lingard are advanced with two clubs.
    • The interested clubs have already been mentioned by other journalists yesterday.
  • As of now, Dean Henderson intends to leave United either on loan or permanently.
    • May change under Erik ten Hag (note: Ajax were interested in bringing him in on loan in January)
  • Luckhurst reminders
    • United remain interested in Pau Torres
    • Mata, Pogba, Cavani, and Grant will join Matic in leaving the club.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
    • The interested clubs have already been mentioned by other journalists yesterday.
  • As of now, Dean Henderson intends to leave United either on loan or permanently.
    • May change under Erik ten Hag (note: Ajax were interested in bringing him in on loan in January)
  • Luckhurst reminders
Have we ever had such a shit/toxic squad since the 70s

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
According to Sky Sports News info, Ramy Bensebaini is also not close to a move to Borussia Dortmund. Dortmund has the LB on the list but also still [have] some LB's in the squad. Before Guerreiro or Schulz jump [to new clubs], a transfer of the Gladbach player is rather unlikely.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
  • Luckhurst reminders
What an uninspiring line up of players in that photo. Our squad is so mediocre :lol:

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Its just lazy journalism
I think you want the club to be at Spurs or Arsenal level of fees. Boehly has outlined how he will bring in new sponsors, he has said he will keep Bruce Buck and Marina. Both of them are not just sitting in their offices doing nothing. Marina is extremely well connected with agents. Chelsea cannot sign contracts, that does not mean they cannot talk to players. The sale will be resolved by the window opening and Boehly will hit the ground running. You only need to look at what his group did when they bought the Dodgers. Nobody has any clue what the budget is going to be. He has said that his model is to use as many academy players as are ready and then buy marquee players to keep the team at the top. When he bought the Dodgers he went out and got a $200M pitcher that had never thrown a ball in the major league. The signing could have been a bust, but the kid turned into an absolute monster. Boehly will have something to prove.

If the Boehly sale fails.....yowza

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This guy is the worst player in the Premier League and he had no business at Newcastle even before they got rich. Cannot believe his contract has been extended under this regime.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
This guy is the worst player in the Premier League and he had no business at Newcastle even before they got rich. Cannot believe his contract has been extended under this regime.
As long as his salary is low enough, they can always loan him if they get too many players ahead of him.

Dazzmondo

Would be insanity to spend anything over £40m on Rice.
I mean whether we specifically should spend this on our dm is one thing but Rice is worth significantly more than £40m. He's legitamately one of the best dms in world football.

Status
Not open for further replies.