Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Bruce

Not sure how reliable but this makes sense to me. Dani Alves took his place in the team and he's worked under ETH at Ajax. Could be a good option for us.
A lot of these stories make sense, but I do think anyone that is remotely close to ETH in the past or present will be linked to us.

Barcelona aren't exactly the elite team they where and I'd be very sceptical about taking players they don't want. NDJ is different as that's purely about raising funds to build their team.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine

Not sure how reliable but this makes sense to me. Dani Alves took his place in the team and he's worked under ETH at Ajax. Could be a good option for us.
I’ve been unimpressed with him everytime I’ve seen Barca play. But yea, under ETH he could do the business.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

He's complete shite.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If he has a really good loan, Newcastle will pay top dollar for him.
They're one of the richest clubs ever, they can pay top dollar for him now. They're going to be big players in the coming years, we should be doing them absolutely no favours whatsoever.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Why are we still loaning him out at 25? :houllier: just sell him.
Agree - these loans are counter productive for us. If he’s not good enough just let him go for good.

Edit: I’ll also add that I think it’s important for us to have a good relationship with Newcastle with regards to transfer for obvious reasons…until that point in time comes where they’re better than us and winning 6 League Cups in a row and a few league titles. :(

joedirt87

They're one of the richest clubs ever, they can pay top dollar for him now. They're going to be big players in the coming years, we should be doing them absolutely no favours whatsoever.
they could also go and buy another keeper leaving us looking for another buyer. I think it's good value for a player we've basically iced for two years after his good form at Sheffield. Just another situation Ole and the club completely botched. two years ago we should have made the decision to move on from De Gea or sell Hendo. that 40 million could buy a player ETH may actually use.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Please no. Too lightweight. Overrated.

JB7

they could also go and buy another keeper leaving us looking for another buyer. I think it's good value for a player we've basically iced for two years after his good form at Sheffield. Just another situation Ole and the club completely botched. two years ago we should have made the decision to move on from De Gea or sell Hendo. that 40 million could buy a player ETH may actually use.
In the interests of fairness to Ole, everything towards the back end of last season and over the summer suggested that decision had been made. It was just that Henderson caught Covid before the beginning of the season and then Ole was too weak to drop De Gea after he had a couple of decent games at the start of the season (despite putting in a number of absolute horror shows after that).

sparx99

Agree - these loans are counter productive for us. If he’s not good enough just let him go for good.

Edit: I’ll also add that I think it’s important for us to have a good relationship with Newcastle with regards to transfer for obvious reasons…until that point in time comes where they’re better than us and winning 6 League Cups in a row and a few league titles. :(
It could be a loan with an obligation to buy after a certain number of games. Newcastle have to abide by FFP and so they want to manage their expenditure over time. Doing them a favour here maybe curries favour if we are after the same player.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Who does he think he works for? Man City?

Regarding Henderson, we better be getting a big loan fee at least for him, Chelsea get some crazy loan fees for their players, not sure why we can't get one for a highly rated keeper.

sparx99

A lot of these stories make sense, but I do think anyone that is remotely close to ETH in the past or present will be linked to us.

Barcelona aren't exactly the elite team they where and I'd be very sceptical about taking players they don't want. NDJ is different as that's purely about raising funds to build their team.
There was an article earlier today saying 'Dest was going to be counted on for next season by Barca'. It's definitely silly season.

fezzerUTD

United board taking the approach that Ten Hag can't drop De Gea if they get rid of every other goalkeeper before he takes charge I see.
Ten Hags contract officially began on Monday so joke or not, this isn’t true.

NewYorkRed

Ten Hags contract officially began on Monday so joke or not, this isn’t true.
These guys will do anything to fit in with their “no modern manager will start DDG” agenda. ETH obviously has given the ok to this, but these guys will never admit it.

Andrew7582

These guys will do anything to fit in with their “no modern manager will start DDG” agenda. ETH obviously has given the ok to this, but these guys will never admit it.
ETH will have to learn the hard way then, De Gea trying to reinvent himself as a ball playing sweeper keeper is going to be painful viewing.

JB7

Why does getting rid of Henderson mean De Gea is guaranteed to start next season? He's an incredibly easy goalkeeper to replace, so if you can pick up a £10m loan fee for Henderson or £25-30m for a permanent deal then that would allow us to bring a goalkeeper in to replace De Gea.

Red00012

So they are offering us a RB that isn’t playing because there’s a 39 year old better than him. How generous

yamo123x

Kamara is free and is an available defensive midfielder. United don't have a central defensive midfielder and considering other areas of need, which will need more transfer budget allocation, getting a player such as Kamara (whether it is him or not, but a good value for talent player of his ilk - defensive midfielder) would be a good signing.
He is a social media ideal free signing, you could put a few highlight clip of me together playing sunday league on youtube and some fans would clamour for my signing too, its pathetic really.

Let's be realistic, if he was the ideal signing, the best clubs in Europe would be battling it out for him.....and they arent.......i bet 98% of the people screaming for Kamara, havent watched him other than on you tube, he had promise yes but has faded last 12 months, even respectable pundits on the UTD stand calling for him who likewise have never seen him.....

NewYorkRed

Why does getting rid of Henderson mean De Gea is guaranteed to start next season? He's an incredibly easy goalkeeper to replace, so if you can pick up a £10m loan fee for Henderson or £25-30m for a permanent deal then that would allow us to bring a goalkeeper in to replace De Gea.
Well lets see if he comes in and does that or not. I’ll bet anything that he’s going to come in and be perfectly happy with DDG, but time will tell.

Blood Mage

I just can't believe our scouts couldn't see how technically limited he is. £50mil my word, we'll be lucky to make half of that back.

sillwuka

Sound like we are just going to loan everyone so they are still a problem a year on.

If this club had any clue they would slap a £30 million fee on both AWB and Henderson.

the_cliff

This is quite stupid, selling him and getting Timber. Couldn't think of a worse start than this. That's hardly any upgrade, and AWB can actually come good later. I'd much rather we get Djed Spence instead of Timber.
Huge upgrade in terms of ability on the ball. This is ETH ball the ability of a rb to slide tackle doesn't matter much in ETHs style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.