Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Wan Bissaka would be great for a club in that tier below the big boys where he won’t be required to be so competent in the attacking third. Somewhere like Newcastle or Leicester.

Withnail

This is quite stupid, selling him and getting Timber or Dest. Couldn't think of a worse start than this. That's hardly any upgrade, and AWB can actually come good later. I'd much rather we get Djed Spence instead of Timber.
What leads you to believe AWB could 'come good' other than hope? He's hardly improved at all since he arrived and he's useless going forward. As he was an ex winger I find it very hard to believe he'll ever improve on the attacking front.

GBBQ

How many more players this Forza Sports Group have?
Probably quite a few but with the timing of the claims about AWB it does seem a little bit of a coincidence.

I do feel sorry for AWB, considering how disjointed and problematic our squad is, to be the first high profile person to go by the new manager's choice (and to have it plastered as a headline) seems a tad harsh.

edcunited1878

He is a social media ideal free signing, you could put a few highlight clip of me together playing sunday league on youtube and some fans would clamour for my signing too, its pathetic really.

Let's be realistic, if he was the ideal signing, the best clubs in Europe would be battling it out for him.....and they arent.......i bet 98% of the people screaming for Kamara, havent watched him other than on you tube, he had promise yes but has faded last 12 months, even respectable pundits on the UTD stand calling for him who likewise have never seen him.....
Nobody said he was the ideal signing. He is a realistic option where in reality central midfield needs two orthodox players, not an advanced attacking player, and more of a defensive player who can take on a role that pushes Fred higher up the pitch and makes McTominay a squad player. And with United having a need in midfield but also other areas, the more quality players the club can get in while replacing current players outright or pushing down the selection like McTominay, the better.

From those who have actually watched him and analyzed some match data, he is worthy of joining the club.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
No idea if he's reliable, but leaves us pretty short on attacking options if so. It's not the best time to be needing a top striker with the only available ones going to Real and City respectively.

If this is true, it would hardly be the biggest surprise. If Bayern need to replace Lewa, he's probably the most obvious available fit.

Blood Mage

This is quite stupid, selling him and getting Timber or Dest. Couldn't think of a worse start than this. That's hardly any upgrade, and AWB can actually come good later. I'd much rather we get Djed Spence instead of Timber.
Wan Bissaka will never be good enough, his technique is too poor for a team that wants to keep possession and dominate matches. Dest isn't very good but he's at least semi-accomplished in his passing and dribbling. And Timber is already a better footballer than Wan Bissaka will ever be with much higher to climb yet.

ti vu

Trippier moved to Atletico in the same window we bought AWB, no? And we went through hundreds of RB. Who had final say in spending 50mil for AWB two years later to going back for Trippier?

Bizzare :houllier:

Mainoldo

Calling bullshit on this one. There's no way he turned down the chance to play with Ronaldo unless he has a serious offer on the table from Madrid or something
Apparently he told us he was going to go to Arsenal instead. That was last week.

Maybe his agent hasn’t updated him on the current Stat quo yet.

crossy1686

career ending
Apparently he told us he was going to go to Arsenal instead. That was last week.

Maybe his agent hasn’t updated him on the current Stat quo yet.
:lol: course he is! His agent is almost definitely trying to play clubs against each other here.

I hope we make a take it or leave it offer and let him go elsewhere if he's not interested.

Stabra

About AWB:

Is it really wise to announce this so openly?
This is a massive "We don't need him, please take him away from us!" outcry that greatly lowers his price.....

Status
Not open for further replies.