Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazza3727

I've been De Gea's biggest fan but he is significantly left behind in terms of requirement from a modern keeper. He isn't commanding in the box and doesn't seem to be the keeper who would support a high line through distribution or rushing out. Ten Hag either has to get more out of him or he should've been let go next season. Let's hope he's able to add new skills to his game.
Surely his distribution is reliant on movement from those in front of him? Hard to blame him when they're all running around like headless chickens. ETH should be able to improve things all round with proper training (fingers crossed!).

Lynty

I've been De Gea's biggest fan but he is significantly left behind in terms of requirement from a modern keeper. He isn't commanding in the box and doesn't seem to be the keeper who would support a high line through distribution or rushing out. Ten Hag either has to get more out of him or he should've been let go next season. Let's hope he's able to add new skills to his game.
Priorities.

It's hard to point fingers at De Gea when we don't even have 4 defenders and a holding midfielder who can pass it out under pressure. Put Alisson in this squad and we wouldn't benefit at all.

M4YON

Interest by Newcastle in Lodi confirmed, clubs are soon to get into contact regarding the player but nothing advanced as of yet.

Tavern in the town

Priorities.

It's hard to point fingers at De Gea when we don't even have 4 defenders and a holding midfielder who can pass it out under pressure. Put Alisson in this squad and we wouldn't benefit at all.
What is with people saying things like this? I’ve now seen people saying we wouldn’t benefit from Alisson, Van Dijk, Messi, Suarez and Neymar. I’m not sure why it’s become popular to think good players wouldn’t improve us.

mctrials23

Surely his distribution is reliant on movement from those in front of him? Hard to blame him when they're all running around like headless chickens. ETH should be able to improve things all round with proper training (fingers crossed!).
It would be...if he wasn't awful at passing. Watch him and he very rarely does anything other than hoof the ball down the pitch with any success. Whenever he tries to pick out a pass he almost always over/under hits it if its more than 10 yards. Hes simply not good at kicking the ball in the capacity that modern goalkeeping requires. 10-20 years ago he wouldn't have been faulted for it at all but all the best keepers now have good passing, command the area and work as part of their teams high line.

Lynty

What is with people saying things like this? I’ve now seen people saying we wouldn’t benefit from Alisson, Van Dijk, Messi, Suarez and Neymar. I’m not sure why it’s become popular to think good players wouldn’t improve us.
Sort of out of context. Of course good player improve a squad. But the point i'm trying to make is that you can't bitch about your keeper passing ability when 5 of your most defensive outfiled players can't effectivley pass it out from the back under pressure. I'm just trying to say that it doesn't matter if De Gea had Messi level vision and passing, it wouldn't matter with these players around him.

Once we have better passers in those positions, it would certainly make sense to upgrade De Gea to a more modern keeper.

Dazzmondo

It would concern me if we gave him a new deal, would this be ETH or a club move?

If ETH wants to extend DDG's contract then he obviously wants to continue using him long term and people should get over their weird anti-DDG obsession. Only way this is a problem is if ETH has said he doesn't want DDG to be given a new deal and the club has offered it anyway which seems unlikely, especially with him literally just starting his new job.

Blood Mage

Looks like we might be signing two CBs looking at all the links. That tells you what Ten Hag thinks of our current defensive options.

M4YON

Looks like we might be signing two CBs looking at all the links. That tells you what Ten Hag thinks of our current defensive options.
True however Bailly and Jones are expected to leave so it does also give us continued depth in that position.

Widow

A meeting is scheduled in the next few days in Paris between Rafaela Pimenta and the management of PSG . The opportunity to discuss the future of Alphonse Areola, loaned this season to West Ham and who could stay in London. Nothing acted yet.

Widow

News Itakura: Frankfurt has an eye on Itakura. He is said to be an "exciting" player. Mainz 05 is looking for an IV with a similar profile. S04 wants to go all-in but must sell: Kabak, Harit, Matondo and/or Bozdogan should bring money in

Blood Mage

True however Bailly and Jones are expected to leave so it does also give us continued depth in that position.
Possibly preparing for a 3 at the back formation as well? I think we finally have a manager who's tactically astute enough to make that kind of system work.

gajender

Possibly preparing for a 3 at the back formation as well? I think we finally have a manager who's tactically astute enough to make that kind of system work.
I don't understand this fascination with formations especially 3 at the back amongst United fans . Why would a manager who has primarily played 4 at the back throughout his Career suddenly opt to change it at United don't see it happening .

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I don't understand this fascination with formations especially 3 at the back amongst United fans . Why would a manager who has primarily played 4 at the back throughout his Career suddenly opt to change it at United don't see it happening .
The last thing I want in our manager is just randomly change their systems to accommodate the turd we have.

LvG used to play 433 and he started playing a 3 atb system here for some reason. His 433 was so good for that 3-4 game run. Next season he moved to the dreaded 4231.

Ole used to play 433 at Molde, started off so well here with Matic Herrera Pogba trio but then switched to that fecking 4231 again.

I wouldn't be surprised to see ETH doing the same tbh. I dont have high hopes.

sparx99

It could also be that Lindelof or Maguire doesn’t fancy being 3rd or 4th choice. If we sign Bastoni or Torres or Timber then one of those may say I’m off leaving us needing another.

Status
Not open for further replies.