Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
A lot of players tore us apart this year.
True. But Lodi is a very talented attacking left back and has shown a lot of talent the past few years, and has a wicked cross on him. Miles better than Telles and what Shaw has shown apart from the 1 year. We surely can't go into next season with Newcastle being stronger than us with both fullbacks AND in midfield with Guimaraes :lol:
Just think how much we'd improve with Lodi, Trippier and Guimaraes instead of Dalot/AWB, Telles/Shaw and Mctominay.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Conte hasn't been impressive.
He took a team whose star player couldn’t be bothered to actually give any effort, a team that was in freefall, and took them to top four. It looks like Levy is actually going to spend on transfers to keep him.

You must be hard to impress!! And that is just his last six months. Conte is a serial winner.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
"if you dont push on with the Frenkie sale we'll take your midfield target"

I like it

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I wonder if they silenced that guy who used to keep us updated with low leagues transfers. I miss him.
I'm sure the Fridge is full of delightful tweets. Fair play for digging out all those tweets, but it really is a travesty that it's not in a separate thread for lower league tweets. It's moralising about being high brow, well, I'm pretty sure most find them annoying.

Keyser

I'm sure the Fridge is full of delightful tweets. Fair play for digging out all those tweets, but it really is a travesty that it's not in a separate thread for lower league tweets. It's moralising about being high brow, well, I'm pretty sure most find them annoying.
Can't wait for Fridge to wake up,. hopefully just as we start some business, people losing their shit over it is great :lol:

Nero

I just don't get the fawning over Conte on here. It's way over the top.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
It goes in the form of a sinusoidal wave. They made it to top4 so his praise is at the top. Watch him lose a few games and see how everyone trashes him.

Jibbs

You'd probably be the only person on the planet who wouldn't be surprised by that.
If he gets Alessandro Bastoni Spurs will have one of the best defensive partnerships in EPL, along with one of the best attacking partnerships. Conte is known for doing the right signings. Spurs is looking very dangerous under him next season.

Remember the geese

I am betting Spurs will finish in top 3 with a very good chance of winning the title next year.
3rd would be a terrific achievement for them. Any higher than that is borderline crazy. They certainly don't have a very good chance of winning the title. They are a dark horse at best.

James Peril

I am betting Spurs will finish in top 3 with a very good chance of winning the title next year.
The chances of them having a very good chance of winning the title next season is literally zero. Absolutely no chance whatsoever, there’s a bigger chance of Putin winning the Peace prize. Always the same shit, one injury to Kane or Son to become absolutely dreadful again.

bazza3727

I just can't decide is Nunez is good enough or not. When I watch him play I get Van Nistelrooy vibes about him, in that he is just a natural goalscorer, tremendous in the air, a physical presence; but watching so many of his highlight videos (a fraught experience to judge a player) you see that so many of his goals this season came because of shocking keeping or defending. Which makes me nervous he could badly flop. That said, his performance against Liverpool gave me hope that he has what it takes. He's going to cost an absolute wedge.

All that said, ETH is going to have to get the best out of players he already has, there is no other way, unless the club has a billion to invest in new players (it doesn't). So if he can get Rashford and Sancho on form and playing well in a system, those two flanking Nunez or Ronaldo, could be a fearsome front line. Whether we like it or not, a lot of our season next year is going to depend on ETH getting Rashford back to his best, because without him we just don't have enough options or enough cash to make up the deficit. On the plus side I can't imagine a better coach for Rashford than ETH. One who demands 100%, excellence, full focus on football, work rate, and one who is committed to attacking football with a lot of instructions and structure. I think the worst thing to happen to Rashford was to play in a system under Ole, and previously Mourinho, where individual excellence and moments of magic were relied upon for attacking output. He became a highlights reel player, and then just a shell of what he was. Having watched Marcus since his youth days, there is a real player in there, we've seen it. a player who would run his socks off for the team, had electric pace, and a fearlessness. He just hasn't developed at all these last few years. Compare that with Rooney who arrived with the same sort of fearlessness and virtuoso flair, and how Fergie molded him into the quintessential team player, carrying out specific instructions and often sacrificing himself for the team. Rashford would have been superb under Fergie. I hope ETH can do something similar. I just don't know if it's already too late. Those years 20-24 are so key to players forming a footballing identity, and now in the modern game you also have to struggle with their profile. Marcus has achieved huge fame, and has a sort of "I'm the next Ronaldo" vibe about the way he plays the game, without having the performances to back it up. Whether that mentality can be turned around is anyone's guess. None of us know what's happening behind the scenes.

I think what I am saying, in a very long winded way, is that Nunez can probably be a big success in a well functioning team, but won't make much difference in a team where the other parts aren't functioning correctly. ETH must believe he can get a song out of the supporting cast, to be pursuing a player like Darwin.
Now Rashford's got himself engaged, perhaps his home life will settle down and he starts to concentrate on his football again?

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
If there’s anyone who can help spurs win a title, it’s this guy.
I do agree with the top 3 part but they definitely don’t have the depth to win a title just yet.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thanks to @Bastian in the Frenkie de Jong thread:
There is agreement between Barça and United for Frenkie De Jong's transfer fee.
However (2nd Tweet translated here):

The original translation of the 2nd Tweet:
Ten Hag called Frenkie De Jong.

Initially Frenkie said no.

He doesn't want to go to a team that is not in the Champions League.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.