Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Thanks to @Bastian in the Frenkie de Jong thread:

However (2nd Tweet translated here):

The original translation of the 2nd Tweet:
I don't really don't get the whole next season champions League being a deciding factor to join thing. If you believe the coach and team can be successful, especially with you in it, what's a year outside champions League?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Now Rashford's got himself engaged, perhaps his home life will settle down and he starts to concentrate on his football again?
Maybe, let’s hope so. I think it all comes down to giving him too much too soon, and not giving him anywhere near enough guidance of how to be an effective team player. He’s been pandered to as a difference maker individual by successive managers. It’s hurt his development badly IMO. He plays like he has no understanding of the game or his place in it. I think ETH will be the best thing that’s happened to him.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I don't really don't get the whole next season champions League being a deciding factor to join thing. If you believe the coach and team can be successful, especially with you in it, what's a year outside champions League?
I think it’s largely nonsense. Written by journalists to create a narrative. United are a hot topic right now. I mean they are always a hot topic, but nothing gets clicks like United in crisis. So every player we are linked with, who doesn’t come - regardless of whether in reality we were ever interested, or whether we made any approach - will now have automatically snubbed us because of the lack of CL football.

It fits an easy journalistic narrative.

Someone like De Jong is going to be more focused on what the prospect is of winning trophies over the next five years, and what the plan is and where does he fit into it.

edcunited1878

I think it’s largely nonsense. Written by journalists to create a narrative. United are a hot topic right now. I mean they are always a hot topic, but nothing gets clicks like United in crisis. So every player we are linked with, who doesn’t come - regardless of whether in reality we were ever interested, or whether we made any approach - will now have automatically snubbed us because of the lack of CL football.

It fits an easy journalistic narrative.

Someone like De Jong is going to be more focused on what the prospect is of winning trophies over the next five years, and what the plan is and where does he fit into it.
It's a lazy narrative. PL is the most competitive league in the world and you have to earn your spot in CL from England. And at least playing in EL, gives you another chance, but only of you win it. I get that he doesn't want to leave a dream club for himself like Barca, but they are making him expendable. It's difficult to accept the reality for him, but that's what it is. He'll go where he's wanted.

GreatDane

Now Rashford's got himself engaged, perhaps his home life will settle down and he starts to concentrate on his football again?
No no, he still has to plan the wedding, get the right wedding photos, go on the honeymoon ect.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It is a year in which you will not win the CL. It matters a lot to players actually

And don't say "he's not gonna win it anyways" he's at Barcelona, not Sheriff Tiraspol. They fully believe they can win the CL next season

Rake

Key points from the Whitwell article

- Actually does not say that we are negotiating with Barcelona. ETH wants the transfer to happen and it is suggested that he wants the midfield sorted before the other areas.
- Move for Kante being considered. We were already offered Kante in 2020 but did not proceed further then.
- ETH admires Alvares from Ajax
- Nunez being considered for the striker position but we are not willing to pay the supposed 80 mil
- Timber and Torres mentioned as potential CBs and we supposedly are aware of exactly what it would take to bring Timber in.
- Martial, AWB, Jones, Bailly, Tuanzebe for likelysale with Telles also probably asking for a transfer

Last edited:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
De Jong, Kante and Nunez would be a very good start to the ten Hag era.

Maybe add Timber as well and we've strengthened the spine of the team there

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
This is what happens after 5 years of zero trophy and no top 4 :mad: . Despite a good manager, no first choice midfielder wants to join utd I believe.
Transfer window isn’t officially open yet and panic has set in already. Good ol’ CAF

WPMUFC

People should actually read that Steinberg article. It essentially states that Tuchel is smitten for him, they'd rather sell Jorginho than him, and the only link to MUFC is that we may be interested in a cut-price deal because of the contract and we need to get some cheap players.

That article reads like there's more chance of Jorginho to MUFC than Kante to MUFC :lol:

Giggsyking

It is a year in which you will not win the CL. It matters a lot to players actually

And don't say "he's not gonna win it anyways" he's at Barcelona, not Sheriff Tiraspol. They fully believe they can win the CL next season
They are not winning it. Not in a 10 years time.

diarm

There is as much chance of him being successful with the team he's at, if not more chance, than there is coming to us.

If he has to leave Barca, there are clubs like PSG, Madrid, Liverpool, Bayern and City where the odds of being successful are far, far higher than taking a punt on us, when all recent evidence suggests we may well not qualify again next year, let alone challenge for it.

Make no mistake, if De Jong signs for us it will be for Ten Hag and Ten Hag alone. Obviously he is weighing the chance to work with his old coach against all the reasons he shouldn't join.

Superden

Kante with a busted groin and a dodgy knee would still offer more than our current selection of midfielders. Hed also go a long way to detoxifying the dressing room. Id sign him in a heartbeat and make him the captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.