Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
Ignore all the Varane stories that talk about personal terms for the player. That could easily be a negotiating tactic for getting a new deal with Real Madrid.

The only news that matters will be about negotiations between the clubs. Until that happens, everything else is just noise.

United are still measuring the old sofa and figuring out what colours will fit in the living room. Till we go to IKEA, we won't even know what's in stock and whether we can afford it.
:lol: That didn't take long!

Okay, now I can believe this transfer has legs.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Wow. Always thought he was using us for a contract. Hope this gets done. Great price too.
Its actually a win-win for him. Either Real give him a better contract or he gets one at Utd. Its a reverse of the Pogba situation, if they wind their contracts down to one year then they call all the shots.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea

Apparently a Chelsea ITK, seems reliable about line ups and injuries news but no idea about transfer.
Chelsea has never shared this much detail about a possible transfer. A couple of years ago a reporter asked Bruce Buck a really detailed question about a possible transfer. Buck laughed and said he would prefer to keep his job.

Bertie 2 Hats

I find the owners of both City & Chelsea to be unsavoury characters.. I have the feeling that all their football business dealings are far from transparent. All suitcases and envelopes ;)

theklr

I find the owners of both City & Chelsea to be unsavoury characters.. I have the feeling that all their football business dealings are far from transparent. All suitcases and envelopes ;)
Hey, we use envelopes as well - to send our official bids by post/pigeon

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
You must not know the Glazers very well.

Knightmare7

Abramovitch (Chelsea) is one of the most corrupt oligarchs in the world. He is frequently implicated in financial scandals by US and UK intelligence agencies, and he is watched by the US’s Central Intelligence Agency as he is one of the main directors of Gazprom, Russia’s main oil and natural gas pipeline into Europe.

Abramovitch is arguably Putin’s closest ally and has funneled hundreds of millions in currency into his own accounts illegally but with Putin’s blessing. Steven Lee Myers, former diplomat to Russia, wrote a brilliant book about it called ‘The New Tsar.’
Abramovitch’s crimes are incredible and this man should be arrested every time he steps into the UK

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on to a bigger club next summer given his performances for Switzerland in this year's Euros.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Juventus and Sassuolo will schedule a 3rd meeting for the Locatelli transfer; the meeting will occur either on Wednesday or Thursday.

If we're talking about slowly-progressing transfers, here's one...

EDIT: In English

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Pol Lirola is getting closer to Olympique de Marseille. The right-back told Fiorentina that he wanted to return to OM. The positions of the two clubs have come closer in recent hours. Some sources are now talking about details to be worked out.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Even better news from Bouhafsi's colleague, Loïc Tanzi:

Decisive week for the transfer of Raphaël Varane to Manchester United. The two clubs have made progress in recent days even if the final agreement is not yet found. All parties hope to get there around 50 million Euros in the coming days.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Even better news from Bouhafsi's colleague, Loïc Tanzi:
Real: Oh I do hope we can agree a deal for €50m
United: That would be fantastic if we could do that, it’s a fair price for both of us.
United: Right, OK let’s do this. How about €45m?
Real: Hmm sounds a bit low, we are looking for €55m

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The ‘Romano is a charlatan who simply makes things up’ guys will flick past this. Non-Sancho tweets/info don’t exist.
Yeah, fair play to him. Was the only person I saw reporting this one.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The ‘Romano is a charlatan who simply makes things up’ guys will flick past this. Non-Sancho tweets/info don’t exist.
That's no what he does. He basically just repeats what other less high profile journalists are saying.

Otherwise he'd have to be involved in every deal going and in more than one place at a time. It's literally impossible to be that we'll informed.

He just works incredibly hard and follows the right people. Clever when you think of it.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That's no what he does. He basically just repeats what other less high profile journalists are saying.

Otherwise he'd have to be involved in every deal going and in more than one place at a time. It's literally impossible to be that we'll informed.

He just works incredibly hard and follows the right people. Clever when you think of it.
Well he is a journalist. He reports things that are happening, he isn’t obligated to ‘discover’ everything that happens first. He also has relationships with a number of pros and clearly gets info of his own, whether to break or to corroborate news.

Twitter folk descend into this ridiculous credibility war every summer and it’s a bit unbecoming IMO. It’s not even a competition like that, and the truth is revealed within weeks anyway, one way or another. This incessant campaign to discredit or even censor journos who people don’t believe is a but much IMO.

Eplel

How is it possible that they are discussing for several hours and only got to an inquiry or a price? Is Treebeard in charge of negotiations?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Well he is a journalist. He reports things that are happening, he isn’t obligated to ‘discover’ everything that happens first. He also has relationships with a number of pros and clearly gets info of his own, whether to break or to corroborate news.

Twitter folk descend into this ridiculous credibility war every summer and it’s a bit unbecoming IMO. It’s not even a competition like that, and the truth is revealed within weeks anyway, one way or another. This incessant campaign to discredit or even censor journos who people don’t believe is a but much IMO.
No all the luck to him. He works incredibly hard. However I do laugh at how some very naive football fans think he's the oracle. It's physically impossible to be that clued up. He'd have to have teams of people working for him.

He didn't know about Sancho signing a one year extension deal at Dortmund (just like nobody else did) and he's got the Sancho fee wrong this summer too. I don't think he has had any inside knowledge whatsoever in that particular deal.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
No all the luck to him. He works incredibly hard. However I do laugh at how some very naive football fans think he's the oracle. It's physically impossible to be that clued up. He'd have to have teams of people working for him.

He didn't know about Sancho signing a one year extension deal at Dortmund (just like nobody else did) and he's got the Sancho fee wrong this summer too. I don't think he has had any inside knowledge whatsoever in that particular deal.
Which is all fair, I just don’t get why he had to know Sancho signed an extension, for example. He’s a journalist. He isn’t claiming to be Sancho’s agent. Every other journalist in the world isn’t a con artist for not knowing that either, they know what they have been told, and don’t know what they haven’t. The same may well apply to the final fee too. There seemed to be two versions of fee floating around, and perhaps different people gave different info to others. I’m just not for this forensic examination of every tweet generation who wants to run them under UV lights and quoting a tweet that didn’t turn to fruition from three years ago or something. It’s all a bit sad. Especially as whatever is tweeted, no club can ultimately sign a player without in secret. It’s not that deep, we will see who United buy and sell soon enough no matter what is tweeted.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Which is all fair, I just don’t get why he had to know Sancho signed an extension, for example. He’s a journalist. He isn’t claiming to be Sancho’s agent. Every other journalist in the world isn’t a con artist for not knowing that either, they know what they have been told, and don’t know what they haven’t. The same may well apply to the final fee too. There seemed to be two versions of fee floating around, and perhaps different people gave different info to others. I’m just not for this forensic examination of every tweet generation who wants to run them under UV lights and quoting a tweet that didn’t turn to fruition from three years ago or something. It’s all a bit sad. Especially as whatever is tweeted, no club can ultimately sign a player without in secret. It’s not that deep, we will see who United buy and sell soon enough no matter what is tweeted.
He's definitely a good source for news as he tends to use good sources himself. Ornstein being one of the ones based in the UK.

Can't go wrong with Romano. Just wish people knew why that's the case. He's not got every phone from major clubs in Europe bugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.