Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dal

Maddison to Arsenal links doesn't make sense.

If they go 4 at the back and 2 CMs in Partey and Xhaka (apparently renewing), then that leaves Smith-Rowe and Maddison for that 10/second striker position. Arsenal went all in with Smith-Rowe and gave him the 10 shirt. Then you have Martinelli, Lacazette, Saka, and Pepe for wide areas with Auba through the middle.

A bit too random from Arsenal and big fees linked to them, which hasn't been the norm.
Arsenal have a very good selection of players, if Ben White can shore up their defence they should do well.

pacifictheme

What is this fecking shill talking about? So just because city usually buy 2 60m players rather than a 120m player this goes far beyond what they normally spend? When they get Kane It’ll be 1.1bn in 5 years spent - 2 of those years during a pandemic without fans. Stop gaslighting us.
It means for one player.

gajender

Could do worse than a Tuanzebe loan.
Not sure about that , I believe Leicester must be looking at somebody who could start games regularly for them while with Tuanzebe it's not even clear he actually belongs at Premier level let alone regularly start for team trying to break in top four.

MUFC OK

In case anyone is wondering why we look so 'good' at investing when looking at net spend. We'd probably sell him for €4m.
3 weeks of negotiations then sell him for £15.25m or on a loan with option to buy.

Classical Mechanic

What is this fecking shill talking about? So just because city usually buy 2 60m players rather than a 120m player this goes far beyond what they normally spend? When they get Kane It’ll be 1.1bn in 5 years spent - 2 of those years during a pandemic without fans. Stop gaslighting us.
Total bollocks isn't it but City have set a narrative and the press have lapped it up. They spent £70m on Cancelo FFS and he's spent a good deal of his time on the bench for them.

Dr. StrangeHate

So, do the Lukaku / Kane deals give us a clean run at Haaland next year? Only other club that might be involved are PSG and I don't think Haaland's the sort of player that would spend the next 5 years in the french league.

RM will be busy with Mbappe
City / Chelsea are sorted
Pool / Barca / Bayern / Arsenal / Spurs etc can't compete financially with us
Barca will still be broke
I hope we atleast try for Mbappe. He is way better.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It means for one player.
Yes I know. Hence why my post references that fact. They’re currently under FFP investigation for fraudulently cooking their sponsorship deals after getting off on a technicality last year - are about to spend 260m on two players after a year without fans and what are the media talking about? How they can afford all this because they still haven’t been paid the full Sane fee. Utter cock. They nearly spend as much buying the media as they do players.

Infra-red

It feels like we are done in the market. Except maybe Trippier
Even that appears to be dependent on sales.

If we are going to sign anyone else, the next thing we'll be reading about is that a fee has been agreed for Dalot. Failing that, we're done for the summer.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Cant remember if posted earlier so will put it in a quote. I enjoy to watch Cantwell play when he is wealthy, he moves really well.
Overrated but has occasional purple patches. It’ll be interesting to see how he fares in a better team not battling relegation. Norwich will have lost their 2 best players then, doesn’t bode well for them

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Overrated but has occasional purple patches. It’ll be interesting to see how he fares in a better team not battling relegation. Norwich will have lost their 2 best players then, doesn’t bode well for them
Depends what their long term goal is: PL football or long term security as a football club?

I’d bet their fans will be happy to take yo yo seasons if it ensures survival. It appears that they have a good system whereby they produce decent young players and sell them on for great money which then can be reinvested. They appear to be a well run club so if I was a supporter seeing my club have a season in the PL then knowing that they could be back in two seasons later, is something I’d be happy with.

The fear of relegation is far more distasteful for so called bigger clubs like Wolves, Palace

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
It feels like we are done in the market. Except maybe Trippier
Because we've gone quiet?

Doubt it to be honest, we still want a DM/RB - and I'm sure Trippier will move on deadline day or there abouts as all the noise that's coming out is him wanting the move.

DM, will be facilitated by Loan moves and Tuanzebe going and others heavily rumoured, don't think it will be long until we get someone like Saul or Neves in.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Doubt it to be honest, we still want a DM/RB - and I'm sure Trippier will move on deadline day or there abouts as all the noise that's coming out is him wanting the move.

DM, will be facilitated by Loan moves and Tuanzebe going and others heavily rumoured, don't think it will be long until we get someone like Saul or Neves in.
Don't see this happening unless Pogba goes. His wages would basically signal we're not looking to re-sign Pogba.

sparx99

He's following Pereira's path ever lasting "youngster" who'll do good eventually because he was a good prospect in the academy 4 years ago. Suddenly he's 24 loaned and cant break into a mid table team.

We are far to patients with "youngsters" you either have it or you don't, the chance to actually let go a gem is minimal compared to the deadwood that most players become. If youngsters cant break through in their first 2-3 years as seniors then sell with a buy back clause. I don't get the obsession about keep renewing their contracts, with the high wages we pay they either make it here or we are stuck with them because no other club will pay them that much.

It's not exclusively against Tuanzebe, it's the same case with Pereira and Williams.
Half of the posters on here have gone on about selling Jonny Evans and Michael Keane too soon. Pointing out that at times they would have been playing for us ahead of Smalling, Jones etc. He had a good spell at Villa in the Championship and then got unlucky with injuries since. I don't see the harm in going out on loan for one more year in PL and if he kicks on then great and if not we can sell.

You can't be a club that prides itself on youth development if you sell them at the first opportunity. Tuanzebe needs to play and he has a burning desire to make it at Utd. He knows he's running out of chances. Personally, I would rather we gave him this chance than went out and spent £20-30m on some flavour of the month french youth player who we have no idea is any better/worse than Tuanzebe.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Don't see this happening unless Pogba goes. His wages would basically signal we're not looking to re-sign Pogba.
One doesn't affect the other at all, rather compliment him and allow Pogba to play further up without having to worry about defending.

If anything Saul won't even ask for anywhere near the wages Pogba wants.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Half of the posters on here have gone on about selling Jonny Evans and Michael Keane too soon. Pointing out that at times they would have been playing for us ahead of Smalling, Jones etc. He had a good spell at Villa in the Championship and then got unlucky with injuries since. I don't see the harm in going out on loan for one more year in PL and if he kicks on then great and if not we can sell.

You can't be a club that prides itself on youth development if you sell them at the first opportunity. Tuanzebe needs to play and he has a burning desire to make it at Utd. He knows he's running out of chances. Personally, I would rather we gave him this chance than went out and spent £20-30m on some flavour of the month french youth player who we have no idea is any better/worse than Tuanzebe.
CAF: "Sign some flavours the month French youth player who we have no idea is any better/worse than Tuanzebe"

Also the CAF: Why can't we sign players like Ndidi and Kante? Surely we can unearth some gems and save some money in the transfer market?

*Linked with a youth team player or a player no one has heard of

The CAF: Never heard of him. Don't want. Is he any good? Don't think we should be taking the risk. We should sign a player like "x" for £80M at least we know he's good in the Prem.

MUFC OK

Would rather we played him next season than sell for that fee and invest £30m in a soon to be 31 year old Trippier.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
One doesn't affect the other at all, rather compliment him and allow Pogba to play further up without having to worry about defending.

If anything Saul won't even ask for anywhere near the wages Pogba wants.
Oh I agree they could play together. I like Saul a lot, but Saul by most reports is on 300k Euros a week. So he'd be coming in as one of the best players in our squad, we couldn't also add an improved wage to Pogba.

Matt851

So we are going to fund a £40-50m signing by shipping out a few players on loan?

Matt851

Would rather we played him next season than sell for that fee and invest £30m in a soon to be 31 year old Trippier.
I would rather we sold him for a realistic amount. He isnt very good

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Feel a bit harsh saying it but he’s had years to fight for his place, he played about 3 times last year and we didn’t miss him even a little bit. It’s so obviously time for him to go.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Great - I'm sure there are lots of players who'd want to stay at Utd. Problem is, it's probably not in Utd's best interest to have Lingard stay.

Tell him he's not needed and bring in some cash for a more pressing position.

I like him, but he encompasses a period we're trying to move away from. He's just not good enough for the amount he's paid.

MUFC OK

I would rather we sold him for a realistic amount. He isnt very good
That will be why AC Milan are very keen to sign him and Ancelotti apparently wants him at Madrid. He could be playing near the top of European and international football for the next 10 years easily.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
That will be why AC Milan are very keen to sign him and Ancelotti apparently wants him at Madrid. He could be playing near the top of European and international football for the next 10 years easily.
Yet none of them are putting any money towards it....he isn't very good.

OoopsMisclick

Lingard is just running down his contract. Probably a PR play.
Put him in the reserves. We gotta be a bit ruthless from time to time!

Status
Not open for further replies.