Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun1

How about some of our surplus players moving to Turkey while the window is open!
@mazhar13 Good job on keeping this thread going mate.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

• Agreement already in place between Inter and Lautaro
    • Salary: €6m/season after taxes + bonuses
  • Brozovic and Barella are in talks with Inter over their contract extensions.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
A little more info over Lingard's contract rejection.

Basically, Lingard is waiting to see if he'll get more playing time for United before accepting a new contract.

cyberman

Basically, Lingard is waiting to see if he'll get more playing time for United before accepting a new contract.
If he goes this forum is going to be shocked at the clubs chasing him.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Fair enough. It makes perfect sense from his perspective. He’ll have a LOT of offers if he goes on a free next year. My suspicion is that we’ll sell him cheap in January

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If Lingard goes on free, it just proves the idiots running us. It was obvious he needs to go and he's got no incentive to sign now.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
If Lingard goes on free, it just proves the idiots running us. It was obvious he needs to go and he's got no incentive to sign now.
If he didn’t want to go, you can’t just accept a bid for him and expect United to just ship him off. Doesn’t work like that, the player has to accept the move:lol::lol::lol:

If he doesn’t want to go he doesn’t want to go and there’s nothing United can do about it. Can’t just rip up a contract either, he hasn’t committed gross misconduct and Lingard could take United to the cleaners.

Like I said, if he doesn’t/didn’t want to go, he doesn’t want to go.

Mr Smith

This is why we should have fecking sold him when we had the chance :mad: We got all his transfer value back with the West Ham loan and then failed to cash in on it. Nailed on he is going for free now.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I'm disgusted that United "fans" want to get rid of an academy graduate, just because they're impatient with his development :mad:

Posh Red

If he didn’t want to go, you can’t just accept a bid for him and expect United to just ship him off. Doesn’t work like that, the player has to accept the move:lol::lol::lol:

If he doesn’t want to go he doesn’t want to go and there’s nothing United can do about it. Can’t just rip up a contract either, he hasn’t committed gross misconduct and Lingard could take United to the cleaners.

It seems strange that a player would want to stay and not play football at a club that clearly doesn’t see him as an important player, rather than move to a club where he’s wanted. Even if he had to take a pay cut, there is no guarantee that he will get as good an opportunity next season, especially as he won’t get much playing time this season to attract interest. If Jesse really declined a move, I think it’s a daft decision.

Edit: I guess what I’m trying to say is that if I were a professional footballer and my club accepted a bid for me, I wouldn’t feel particularly wanted, and would probably prefer the move.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Why didn't take the move then? Ffs
Because he'a going to have good offers next year anyways. There are his last years to monetize. Doesn't make all that much sense to turn down his last year of contract at united when he's unlikely to earn as much anywhere else and a year on the bench isn't going to affect his prospects for his next contract

Withnail

Because he'a going to have good offers next year anyways. There are his last years to monetize. Doesn't make all that much sense to turn down his last year of contract at united when he's unlikely to earn as much anywhere else and a year on the bench isn't going to affect his prospects for his next contract
He's a bullshitter. He wants to fight for his place? At least he'll be gone soon even if it is on a free.

SAF is the GOAT

This is why we should have fecking sold him when we had the chance :mad: We got all his transfer value back with the West Ham loan and then failed to cash in on it. Nailed on he is going for free now.
Ole needs to be ruthless sometimes and force the move on some players and tell them "you're going!"

justsomebloke

This unfortunately looks like it has all the makings of a bad decision this summer. It's hard to see Lingard winning significant playing time this season, and if OGS feels pressured to start him more than he would have liked to in order to get him to sign, that's bad too. And he'll be even harder to shift if he gets a new, bigger contract.

GBBQ

Not really as he’s available on a free
Thats the point though, there'll be plenty of big teams who would take him on a free especially in this financial climate. Can well imagine Barcelona would consider him an option considering all the talent they have lost this summer.

Fox outside the box

Too many people get overly emotional at this sort of thing and forget that players are people as well, they aren't packets if crisps that can be carted around at the fans/clubs wishes.

Hes perfectly entitled to not want to move this summer and it seems like it wasn't something he was particularly keen on. He's also entitled to see if he's happy with hsi place in the squad before committing to a longer contract.

This is a complete non story but people will be whipped into a frenzy none the less, the media needs their clicks and narratives to be repeated and I don't doubt enough will fall in line and follow it.

OmarUnited4ever

This does not make any sense, how much did the club price him at when WH were seriously interested in signing him? 30M? and now that no one offered the fee the club wanted, they offer him a new contract to preserve his value??!!!

He is an academy lad, so didn't cost the club a transfer fee, him leaving on a free is no biggie.

Dr. StrangeHate

This new trend of great players running down their contract is going to be beneficial mainly to Real Madrid and Barcelona. Those are the clubs every one wants to play for.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It seems strange that a player would want to stay and not play football at a club that clearly doesn’t see him as an important player, rather than move to a club where he’s wanted. Even if he had to take a pay cut, there is no guarantee that he will get as good an opportunity next season, especially as he won’t get much playing time this season to attract interest. If Jesse really declined a move, I think it’s a daft decision.

Edit: I guess what I’m trying to say is that if I were a professional footballer and my club accepted a bid for me, I wouldn’t feel particularly wanted, and would probably prefer the move.
Just because he didn’t want to go to WH on a permanent basis doesn’t mean that he wouldn’t have considered other clubs if there had been interest. Which there wasn’t because we think we can get 25m for a player almost out of contract.

cyberman

This new trend of great players running down their contract is going to be beneficial mainly to Real Madrid and Barcelona. Those are the clubs every one wants to play for.
Don’t think players are willing to sit out 5 year deals with an option of 6 for one move to be honest. It’s the clubs not willing to sell, not players simply staying out

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This does not make any sense, how much did the club price him at when WH were seriously interested in signing him? 30M? and now that no one offered the fee the club wanted, they offer him a new contract to preserve his value??!!!

He is an academy lad, so didn't cost the club a transfer fee, him leaving on a free is no biggie.
Exactly or let him leave for 10-12m. Pretty sure he’d have had offers then

prateik

There were plenty of reports that we wanted 30m, lowered it to 25m towards the end. West Ham wanted to pay 18m.

And even if he didnt want to go to West Ham, its his choice..

He has done nothing wrong. I have no idea how he's getting the blame here..
I like him but I dont see how he is getting regular minutes here.. If he stays on as a squad player.. I'm fine with that.. if he leaves, hope he gets a good club..

dinostar77

Lingaard is probably delusional enough to think he would get first team football at an elite european club. Its not his level. Agree with other posters should have asked sensible money for him aka £15mil and got a few clubs on the hook. Give him some options and maybe get a bidding war going.

Ole is to blame as well, for some reason he wants a bloated squad, which reduces the finances to bring in the quality midfielder we all know we need. Lingaard isn't going to be a first team regular at utd. He must know that himself. Do a Phil Neville and move on to a club where you will pretty much play all of the time.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I had read Leicester were in for him. Maybe not serious enough, as I can't believe we would have turned our nose up at an offer to offload him. BBC said no offers came in for Lingard, so I can't really blame any party for this.

georgipep

This unfortunately looks like it has all the makings of a bad decision this summer. It's hard to see Lingard winning significant playing time this season, and if OGS feels pressured to start him more than he would have liked to in order to get him to sign, that's bad too. And he'll be even harder to shift if he gets a new, bigger contract.
I think it is the opposite that is more likely. He will play him even less if Lingard is not willing to sign. And rejecting an offer does not mean not willing to renew at all. It is a negotiation.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Ole seems pretty good at convincing fringe players they will play. Both Jesse and Donny are going to have an unfortunate reality this season I think. I'd like to see Donny especially given a chance as a 6 this season; a run of games I mean rather than 1 game starting then 8 on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.