Transfer Tweets - 2021/22 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

I’m pretty sure Jose brought his own staff as well. Certainly his trusted No.2 Rui Faria anyway, he left in his 2nd season though to pursue a managerial career.
Right I had forgot about Faria. Thanks!

Didnt Moyes have Steve Round. Mourinho had his mate too, forget his name.
It seems I've erased all that Moyes season from my memory, can't recall who Steve Round is.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Didnt Moyes have Steve Round. Mourinho had his mate too, forget his name.
There always seemed to be an ex United player foisted onto them. If McClaren hadn't worked with ETH he wouldn't bring him in. He knows him, trusts him and McClaren can be that bridge to the players. He will have a defined role, where nobody seemed to know why Phelan was actually there.

Blood Mage

It seems I've erased all that Moyes season from my memory, can't recall who Steve Round is.
I look at that season slightly more fondly now, much better than the horror show we've had to endure this year. At least we had a few club legends still playing at that time.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just once I want there to be a sudden "Exclusive, Utd have agreed a deal to sign X" just out of nowhere. Would be nice.

MUFC OK

Pretty relaxed about our transfer dealings. I trust Ten Hag to identify and bring in the right targets. There will at least be a strategy behind it in my opinion.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Pretty relaxed about our transfer dealings. I trust Ten Hag to identify and bring in the right targets. There will at least be a strategy behind it in my opinion.
Its not all up to Ten Hag. What happens if we cant get who he wants?
Will be interesting to see how this summer unfolds

MUFC OK

Its not all up to Ten Hag. What happens if we cant get who he wants?
Will be interesting to see how this summer unfolds
One would hope that was a key sticking point in the well publicised negotiations and demands that he insisted upon before agreeing to be manager. If we start giving him players he doesnt want or that dont fit his system we've really learnt nothing. I'm choosing to be optimistic though.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Just once I want there to be a sudden "Exclusive, Utd have agreed a deal to sign X" just out of nowhere. Would be nice.
Unlikely. I'm pretty sure Man Utd favour the transfer sagas and drawn out stories to maximise CPT (Clicks per Transfer).

roseguy64

There always seemed to be an ex United player foisted onto them. If McClaren hadn't worked with ETH he wouldn't bring him in. He knows him, trusts him and McClaren can be that bridge to the players. He will have a defined role, where nobody seemed to know why Phelan was actually there.
Phelan was assisting with recruitment, player relations and all manner of things. Just not much on the training ground except here and there as an observer.

That's what I've gathered from reading various bits here and there.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The Frenkie de Jong bit was already covered in this article, but there's a bunch more info to uncover from it.

Example:

Other info:
  • United want ten Hag to decide on the following players soon:
    • Eric Bailly (Luckhurst maintains that he wants to leave the club)
    • Aaron Wan-Bissaka
    • Marcus Rashford
  • Newcastle United and Chelsea were also interested in Raphinha, but both are out of the race now.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Chelsea are keeping tabs on Lewandowski.
  • Lewandowski's previously been uncertain about playing in England, but that hasn't stopped Chelsea from remaining interested in him.
  • Chelsea may commence their work if Lukaku is likely to leave Chelsea.
  • Currently, Chelsea's chances are slim, but everything depends on both Boehly's consortium completing their work and Lukaku's future.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The agreement between Joan Laporta and Pini Zahavi for the Pole's contract is a fact given the relationship: three years on the table. But so far the Blaugrana club cannot register the player, they need to lower the salary cap.
Bayern Munich, despite the denials, is looking for a substitute: Schick and Núñez are in pole position. In the coming days, as reported by Bild, the Bavarians will hold internal talks to define their roadmap.

SAFMUTD

I look at that season slightly more fondly now, much better than the horror show we've had to endure this year. At least we had a few club legends still playing at that time.
I dont know which one's worse really. With Moyes we all knew we would struggle due to Sir Alex's departure but no one expected us to fail so much it was a complete disaster. From being champions to not even qualify for Champions League, a total shit circus.

While this year we weren't expected to win the title but to challenge at least, and getting Varane, Cristiano and Sancho was great at the time. No one expected we would implode like this. I'd say Moyes one was worse because it took me by surprise, while this one has been shit but the last seasons have made my skin thicker.

SAFMUTD

Ole brought in coaches he knew when he joined.
Carrick and McKenna where here long before Ole, I was talking about assitants not coaches. But another poster have pointed that Moyes an Mourinho brought theirs as well, so I was wrong anyway.:wenger:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:

Full quote:
He will leave Real Madrid, but we have to wait what Wales will be able to do. It all depends on whether Wales qualifies for the World Cup, then we will make a decision, which may vary if Wales goes to the World Cup or not. Whether he's more likely to go back to England? I think so, but we will have to wait and see if Wales qualifies for the World Cup.

peridigm

Just trying to make it look like they don't want to lose him. They need the money. He will be sold. Hopefully we can do enough to convince him. I'd say we have a pretty good chance with ETH being the manager.

Wezzaldo

Personally I cant understand how the government thinks they can get Roman to walk away without the loan being repaid? Who would ever accept that?
Sanctions aren’t meant to be ‘accepted’. Get in bed with Putin and reap the rewards.

cyberman

Sanctions aren’t meant to be ‘accepted’. Get in bed with Putin and reap the rewards.
Yes but they weren't seized? Roman wasn't forced to sell Chelsea, its the circumstances of having Chelsea frozen which meant a sale.
Reading that article, the government put forward this proposal 2 weeks ago. Who are they? The ghost of Raiola? Wasn't the club sold then?

mctrials23

Will Bale have to cut off his ponytail if he comes back to the UK?

Wonder where he will go? I doubt any club would sign him on a lucrative contract based on his ambivalence towards football these days. Would he retire?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yes but they weren't seized? Roman wasn't forced to sell Chelsea, its the circumstances of having Chelsea frozen which meant a sale.
Reading that article, the government put forward this proposal 2 weeks ago. Who are they? The ghost of Raiola? Wasn't the club sold then?
The bid may have been accepted, but the work still needs to be done to transfer the ownership, and that's where this loan becomes a point of contention.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
If Atletico Madrid want a Suarez replacement, they could always turn back to one of their own.
Juventus has no intention of paying the 35 million [Euros option for the] right to buy Morata. As of today, it is very complicated for him to stay in Turin. The Spanish striker would return to Atletico, while waiting to understand what his future may be definitively.

cyberman

The bid may have been accepted, but the work still needs to be done to transfer the ownership, and that's where this loan becomes a point of contention.
Wouldn't this have been be part of the sale negotiation though? what sticks out out me is this proposal only being a few weeks old.
Now I've many posts on here jumping on Chelsea situation but this doesn't stop me thinking the Government are a bit out of line with this. Its Kenyon and Ronaldinho all over again! Now we have this Chelsea could go under! leak.
Its going to reach a point when the government cant go out of their way to protect Chelsea anymore. At some stage the situation has to stand on its own

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Wouldn't this have been be part of the sale negotiation though? what sticks out out me is this proposal only being a few weeks old.
Now I've many posts on here jumping on Chelsea situation but this doesn't stop me thinking the Government are a bit out of line with this. Its Kenyon and Ronaldinho all over again! Now we have this Chelsea could go under! leak.
Its going to reach a point when the government cant go out of their way to protect Chelsea anymore. At some stage the situation has to stand on its own
For much of the past several months, Abramovich was committed to forgiving the loans, so all of the consortiums/interested parties went in expecting the loans to not be an issue. In the past month, however, Abramovich has been changing his tone (despite the message from him via Chelsea a few weeks back), which is why we're seeing these worries come up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.