g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2022/23 | Check the OP for the latest rules and blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
They've spent huge amounts of money on the following players:
  • Dayot Upamecano
  • Leroy Sané
  • Lucas Hernandez
  • Corentin Tolisso
The fee for Hernandez was especially massive from what I remember.
Upamecano and Tolisso were under £40m, Sane £54m. Yeah Hernandez was just over £70m but over 5 or 6 years, that's not really anything to write home about.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Upamecano and Tolisso were under £40m, Sane £54m. Yeah Hernandez was just over £70m but over 5 or 6 years, that's not really anything to write home about.
Lucas Hernandez is one of the most expensive defenders ever (3rd-most expensive behind van Dijk and Maguire). That fee is going to be more impactful given that he's been riddled with several injuries throughout his time at Bayern Munich. I highlighted both Upamecano and Tolisso because both players haven't been as good as they could have been for the club, and the same goes for Sané though he's slowly getting better.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Lucas Hernandez is one of the most expensive defenders ever (3rd-most expensive behind van Dijk and Maguire). That fee is going to be more impactful given that he's been riddled with several injuries throughout his time at Bayern Munich. I highlighted both Upamecano and Tolisso because both players haven't been as good as they could have been for the club, and the same goes for Sané though he's slowly getting better.
I think what people mean is that Bayern shouldn't be complaining as more oftenthan not, they can nab most Bundesliga layers for next to nothing, and them having a big of a moan about losing players on frees is ironic considering they got one of the generations best strikers for nothing from a direct rival.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think what people mean is that Bayern shouldn't be complaining as more oftenthan not, they can nab most Bundesliga layers for next to nothing, and them having a big of a moan about losing players on frees is ironic considering they got one of the generations best strikers for nothing from a direct rival.
I don't think they're necessarily complaining about losing their players on a free. Sure, they'll complain about the agents and their demands, but they won't mind losing the players for free. Hainer previously stated that they'd prefer to keep Lewandowski until the end of his contract in 2023 than sell him this summer. On top of that, he also recently referred to the Mazraoui deal as an example of how Bayern benefit from this themselves.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I don't think they're necessarily complaining about losing their players on a free. Sure, they'll complain about the agents and their demands, but they won't mind losing the players for free. Hainer previously stated that they'd prefer to keep Lewandowski until the end of his contract in 2023 than sell him this summer. On top of that, he also recently referred to the Mazraoui deal as an example of how Bayern benefit from this themselves.
Well that's fair enough, guess I interpreted the tweet differently, I didn't read the article attached.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Source: https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2022/06/05/629c7bac46163f953c8b4607.html

That last line wasn't necessarily in the article itself, but the rest of it was. Sorry @carvajal @giorno @GatoLoco and other Real Madrid fans.
I understand it for Rodrygo however Asensio is still not renewing, the club's offer is equal or slightly lower than the current one, almost an invitation to leave.
Plus he has signed with Mendes, I don't think it's to negotiate a lower contract.

Giggsyking

Source:
It was going to happen sooner rather than later, players have high wages already and can afford to see their contracts run out. This will harm the clubs that lose the players and the clubs that does not know how to negotiate players coming on free transfers.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag is ‘seducing’ Frenkie de Jong with his new project at Old Trafford, according to Sport.

The Red Devils and Barcelona are at work to transfer the midfielder, but he’ll have the final say on a potential move this summer.
It’s said that contacts between the La Liga side and Manchester United started before the end of last season. It was done to check whether Barca will make the 25-year-old available in the market.
Barcelona were clear that they would be willing to part ways with the ex-Ajax man for €80m. Sport now claim the two clubs are ‘very close to reaching’ an agreement for the Netherlands international.
De Jong ‘could pack his bags’ this summer due to his employer’s economic and sporting crisis. Manchester United are interested and Ten Hag is trying to convince him.
This has also been echoed in today’s Mundo Deportivo, who add the Premier League side are ‘pressing’ to sign Xavi’s man. He is the priority target for their manager this summer.
Ten Hag is ‘convinced of being able to convince’ De Jong, to become the key piece of his new project in Manchester. The player hasn’t favoured a move to United since they cannot offer Champions League football.
However, the English club haven’t given up on De Jong, due to Barca’s financial situation. The Catalan club have also not closed the exit door for the midfielder.
Apart from Manchester United, Mundo mention Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester City and Bayern Munich as being in the picture.
There is ‘some divergence’ within the club over the stance taken to sell him. Barca’s top leaders indicate the decision to cut ties with the Dutchman is due to sporting reasons, while the club’s technical staff insist De Jong must be sacrificed to improve their economic situation.
With Manchester United and Barca ‘very close’ to reaching an agreement, a deal could be carried out soon if Ten Hag and the Red Devils manage to convince De Jong.

Superden

So the honourable members of the Caf utterly poo pooed the notion of signing Phillips, over-rated english no mark they said, and yet both Klopp and Pep apparently are keen on him.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So the honourable members of the Caf utterly poo pooed the notion of signing Phillips, over-rated english no mark they said, and yet both Klopp and Pep apparently are keen on him.
He would've been great for us. Would've transformed our midfield with his energy rates. He'll thrive at a top team i'm sure

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Pep also wanted Maguire/Fred and signed Grealish for 100m, whats your point?

cyberman

They might want him as a rotational player ala Jesus or Jota. That isn’t where we’re at.

StiffTackle

We had zero chance of signing him once they stayed up. He would be unlikely to make that switch anyway, but without relegation it would be impossible for him to justify the move to friends/family/Leeds fans.

Hopefully he ends up signing a new deal at Leeds or at worse on the bench at City. He would be a fantastic replacement for Henderson at Liverpool and would arguably improve on what Henderson offered them at his peak.

Superden

Pep also wanted Maguire/Fred and signed Grealish for 100m, whats your point?
point is quite clear in that Pep / Klopp are better judges of players that all of us in the caf. dont you agree ?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
point is quite clear in that Pep / Klopp are better judges of players that all of us in the caf. dont you agree ?
I don't agree that just because they are in for Philips it makes him a good player. They have made poor signings and targetted the wrong players before, it happens.
This is also not me saying Philips isn't good, it's me stating that just because he is targetted by City or Pool doesn't make him good, again Maguire/Fred we're also targetted by Pep.

AndySmith1990

Problem is that people on here judge players as individuals, whereas those managers look at how they fit their system as well as all the analysis of data that happens behind the scenes. As fans we all have an opinion, but most of the time it's not worth much as it's not based on anything of any real substance

Superden

we are are just never ever going to buy a DM ever again are we. instead we 'seem' to be linked with AMs and CBs. although i think there could be nothing more hipster than a 3CB / 7AM formation

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
we are are just never ever going to buy a DM ever again are we. instead we 'seem' to be linked with AMs and CBs. although i think there could be nothing more hipster than a 3CB / 7AM formation
Bloody hell relax for christ sakes the window isn’t officially open and the season has barely concluded!

Superden

Bloody hell relax for christ sakes the window isn’t officially open and the season has barely concluded!
whats wrong with a 3-0-7-0 formation? i use it on Fifa all the time, hand my kids asses on a plate to them each time.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Seems more like a klopp player than a Pep player to me. Would be a great option for them
I think he's incredibly average myself. Don't see the hype about him at all.

Spent a lot of last season injured too.

Teja

I think he's incredibly average myself. Don't see the hype about him at all.

Spent a lot of last season injured too.
Yep, but Klopp managed quite a bit with the Brexit midfield of Henderson and Milner, so this would be a similar signing.

He could be a good option off the bench to inject some aggression when needed.

Daonico

that's too early for me, I would rather 10AM

Status
Not open for further replies.