Transfer Tweets - England & Scotland - 2022/23 | Follow the rules in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertegil

Supports
ODDs Ballklubb
So, up to £15M for an unknown goalkeeper who's never played a game, but Dean Henderson, proven PL keeper, they were only talking about £20M? How's that then?
He's a 20 year old goal keeper who has already played 94 senior games in his career, including 73 in League One and 10 for his national team.

redcucumber

Yeah, exactly. He's one of the most talented young goalkeepers in the world if not the most talented. I think he'll be worth every bit of that £15m that Southampton can likely pay up to.
Doesn't De Gea's contract expire next summer? I wonder if Bazunu would represent a potential replacement. Him and Sancho - we could have a little group of ex City academy graduates!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:
  • Chelsea might ask for a €15m loan fee.
  • Inter think that they can seal the deal for €10m.
  • If Lukaku arrives, one of Inter's existing forwards will move on.
    • Correa is one option, but he wants to stay.

Withnail

Source:
You've got to love the balls of these Italian clubs. We'll give you two euros and bit of old rope. What do you say?

Dazzmondo

I want to cry. Would have been my ideal full back for Utd.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

I want to cry. Would have been my ideal full back for Utd.
He will not go cheaply like Bissouma has to Spurs.

He's only one year into his contract and has stated that he is happy at Brighton and loves working with Potter and the squad. The club have said they do not intend to sell, but obviously they would for a mega offer, but it would have to be big, possibly more than Ben White, I think they'd look at 60M, I gues its for City to work out if he's worth that to them.

It would be a big issue for us as left back has been our problem position for a while filled by Dan Burn, Solly March and even Trossard played there once or twice! Cucurella has fixed that amazingly, so the club would be very reluctant to let him go so quickly. But Tony Bloom has always said he won't stand in the way of careers if the offer is big enough.

Dazzmondo

He will not go cheaply like Bissouma has to Spurs.

He's only one year into his contract and has stated that he is happy at Brighton and loves working with Potter and the squad. The club have said they do not intend to sell, but obviously they would for a mega offer, but it would have to be big, possibly more than Ben White, I think they'd look at 60M, I gues its for City to work out if he's worth that to them.

It would be a big issue for us as left back has been our problem position for a while filled by Dan Burn, Solly March and even Trossard played there once or twice! Cucurella has fixed that amazingly, so the club would be very reluctant to let him go so quickly. But Tony Bloom has always said he won't stand in the way of careers if the offer is big enough.
Ya I reckon it would be around £50m personally. I imagine the player will make it very clear he wants to go to City also which could reduce Brighton's bargaining power a bit. He's been amazing for you. Can't see you replacing him in just 1 season. Along with losing Bissouma those are 2 incredibly difficult players to replace. Hope you manage to avoid a relegation fight, I like the way your club has been run. Your manager and players have really done an excellent job.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Ya I reckon it would be around £50m personally. I imagine the player will make it very clear he wants to go to City also which could reduce Brighton's bargaining power a bit. He's been amazing for you. Can't see you replacing him in just 1 season. Along with losing Bissouma those are 2 incredibly difficult players to replace. Hope you manage to avoid a relegation fight, I like the way your club has been run. Your manager and players have really done an excellent job.
Surprisingly losing Bissouma is not so much of a problem. It's a bit like losing Ben White last year, we knew it was coming and have planned accordingly. We are rich in CMs right now Caicedo, Alzate, Mwepu, Lallana, Mac Allister and Moder.

Losing Cucurella would be very different as he was bought because we have no left back cover at all, hence the very high price!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Source:
I'm convinced Inter and Lukaku have been colluding from the beginning to scam Chelsea. This isn't making sense. Sell a guy from nearly 100m and few months later he's yapping in interviews about wanting to go back, and he's reportedly been in touch with Inter since January trying to manipulate his way back there. Now he's willing to take a humongous pay-cut to go back and they're offering us 5m. This is a scam, and both club and player need to be investigated for fraud :lol:

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Liverpool done with their business before we even get started on ours. And coming from a position where they beat us 9-0 over two games last season. Says a lot.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Both City and Liverpool signings CF's and FB's both position we desperately need upgrading :(

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Liverpool done with their business before we even get started on ours. And coming from a position where they beat us 9-0 over two games last season. Says a lot.
Well yeah, ours was always going to be a lot more work given the shape of the squad. Whilst there's just needed some finishing touches, ours needs the house demolishing and rebuilding.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Well yeah, ours was always going to be a lot more work given the shape of the squad. Whilst there's just needed some finishing touches, ours needs the house demolishing and rebuilding.
There's was going to take less time to complete, but surely that should mean we make an early start. Like you said, we have so much to do, and have done next to nothing it would seem.

We're falling behind in a race we're already near the back of.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
There's was going to take less time to complete, but surely that should mean we make an early start. Like you said, we have so much to do, and have done next to nothing it would seem.

We're falling behind in a race we're already near the back of.
I'm waiting until we fly out for preseason to start panicking. Most player have just finished nations league that we are targeting so wouldn't be available until start of July. If we get to that point with mostnof our targets not secured I'll be worried and annoyed.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Liverpool being done this early is hardly impressive. They only signed Nunez and Ramsay and given the Mane departure they will likely be a lesser team next year.

Of course as things stand they are still massively superior to us, but this specific fact is hardly something to use to bash the club for. Still early days.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Liverpool being done this early is hardly impressive. They only signed Nunez and Ramsay and given the Mane departure they will likely be a lesser team next year.

Of course as things stand they are still massively superior to us, but this specific fact is hardly something to use to bash the club for. Still early days.
Diaz already is Mane replacement out wide. Nunez improves on Firminho.
They don’t need to make signings for the sake of it.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Diaz already is Mane replacement out wide. Nunez improves on Firminho.
They don’t need to make signings for the sake of it.
I know, yet they will still be a lesser team without Mane in my opinion.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
City signing another LWB for £50m when they’ve already got arguably the best in the league there in Cancelo is just taking the piss. Just like them signing Haaland and Alvarez when they were already the highest scoring side in the country.

It‘s comically ridiculous depth like this that will make it virtually impossible for anyone else to win the league ahead of them for the foreseeable future. Liverpool have had to be almost perfect over recent seasons just to keep up and they still failed. Now City are going to be even stronger.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
City signing another LWB for £50m when they’ve already got arguably the best in the league there in Cancelo is just taking the piss. Just like them signing Haaland and Alvarez when they were already the highest scoring side in the country.

It‘s comically ridiculous depth like this that will make it virtually impossible for anyone else to win the league ahead of them for the foreseeable future. Liverpool have had to be almost perfect over recent seasons just to keep up and they still failed. Now City are going to be even stronger.
I think the idea is to have Cucurella on the left and Cancelo on the right. Walker will probably lose his first team place next season if it goes through.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Both City and Liverpool signings CF's and FB's both position we desperately need upgrading :(
Guess City and Liverpool didn't get the memo that the transfer window's only just opened and we all need to calm down.

Signing players like Alvarez and Haaland or Carvalho and Nunez before the window's even opened. What are they like, eh?

Everyone knows the best way to do it is to spend months chasing one player than go for a gettable target like Fellaini or Cavani on deadline day.

Our club is in the mud.

Hoof the ball

And Carvalho. A very promising talent who could have impact as early as this season.

BarstoolProphet

Guess City and Liverpool didn't get the memo that the transfer window's only just opened and we all need to calm down.

Signing players like Alvarez and Haaland or Carvalho and Nunez before the window's even opened. What are they like, eh?

Everyone knows the best way to do it is to spend months chasing one player than go for a gettable target like Fellaini or Cavani on deadline day.

Our club is in the mud.
Alvarez and Carvalho (not officially but was reported heavily at the end of January). was done in January? And Haaland has been in the works for probably two years. Only one out of the blue is Nunez (and Ramsay if it gets completed soon) he was signed after the window was opened.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I'm waiting until we fly out for preseason to start panicking. Most player have just finished nations league that we are targeting so wouldn't be available until start of July. If we get to that point with mostnof our targets not secured I'll be worried and annoyed.
That's probably sensible, it's just feeling a little too familiar right now. This has all the signs of a Glazernomics window. Fixating on overly ambitious targets, whilst not being able to take advantage of more getable options - then panic and make some left-field last minute decisions.

Weirdly, I'd still back us to do better next season with the squad we currently have/players we've moved on/new manager at the helm than we did last even before any arrivals. It probably wouldn't be enough to crack top 4, mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.