Transfer Tweets - England & Scotland - 2022/23 | Follow the rules in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
There are other cheap alternatives around who are probably older but can deliver in the short term, but that's a discussion for another thread.

Regarding the two players that you named, Arsenal haven't had any solid links with either of those players, and it's probably because of their price points. Gabriel Jesus will be a very good player for Arsenal, but they better hope that he's more consistent given the price that they're paying.

More rumours came up today but there is no way we buy both. Negotiation tactics and if it came to it we could choose the best solution.
Vieira surely kills the Raphinha links.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

More rumours came up today but there is no way we buy both. Negotiation tactics and if it came to it we could choose the best solution.
ffs, what does 'preparing a bid' even fecking mean??? Seriously, that has has to be most infuriating three words in the English language.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

I see where you're coming from now, but I wouldn't trust Gazzetta dello Sport in general. They tend to be as speculative as the likes of A Bola, O Jogo, and Record from Portugal. Carlo Laudisa, himself, seems to also be on that boat given the past Tweets that I've seen from him.

Regardless, Gazzetta is a Tier 4 source, so I'm posting the Gazzetta Tweet to accompany the summary.
Osimhen to Arsenal may trigger centre-forward [transfer] dominoes

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
It's something they are paying a fee. They usually get players to run down their contracts and rip clubs off.
Like they did with Süle and Alaba. Oh, wait… that happened to them (Bayern).
Bayern are. Ot only profiting from signing players that ran down their contract. They are also losing those. It swings both ways.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
ffs, what does 'preparing a bid' even fecking mean??? Seriously, that has has to be most infuriating three words in the English language.
A formal bid is more than just providing the total amount. The buying club needs to determine how the guaranteed amount will be spread out (or if it will be a lump sum), what the conditions are for the variable payments, and how those variable payments will also be spread out. This is where lawyers tend to get involved to make sure that the terms are clearly laid out.

GwilDor

I see where you're coming from now, but I wouldn't trust Gazzetta dello Sport in general. They tend to be as speculative as the likes of A Bola, O Jogo, and Record from Portugal. Carlo Laudisa, himself, seems to also be on that boat given the past Tweets that I've seen from him.

Regardless, Gazzetta is a Tier 4 source, so I'm posting the Gazzetta Tweet to accompany the summary.
Wasn't Osimhen like 65mill euros when he signed for Napoli. Knowing how hard Napoli are to negotiate with, they'll get nowhere with 70mill for sure. 100 is more likely what they'll ask, if not more. Can't see Arsenal spending 100 mill on a player tbh.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Wasn't Osimhen like 65mill euros when he signed for Napoli. Knowing how hard Napoli are to negotiate with, they'll get nowhere with 70mill for sure. 100 is more likely what they'll ask, if not more. Can't see Arsenal spending 100 mill on a player tbh.
Exactly, which is why I wasn't really convinced by the links. That plus ADL demanding huge fees makes me think that Osimhen won't go for anything less than 80 million Euros.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Is it me or do Italian clubs love doing loans?

To me, loans like these are like, "Here, let me borrow your players in their prime, and then I'll return the depreciating asset back to you next time".
They certainly seem to. They’ve trousered £97m for Lukaku only to get him back for a season in his prime for £10m

Although for us if he’s depreciated over his 5 year deal he’s worth £77.6m at present with the annual depreciation at £19.4m. If Inter give us £10m of that and we lose his wages I’d be happy.

His book value will drop to £58.2m the following season so I’d get rid for whatever we can make and cut the losses

Widow

• A three-year contract has been prepared for Mané by Bayern and, in order for the bonuses to reach £30 million, they would have needed to win the Bundesliga title every season the player is there. Mané would also have had to win the Ballon d’Or in each of the next three seasons
  • A three-year contract has been prepared for Mané by Bayern and, in order for the bonuses to reach £30 million, they would have needed to win the Bundesliga title every season the player is there. Mané would also have had to win the Ballon d’Or in each of the next three seasons
  • Liverpool are seeking around £42.5 million

Last edited:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Not sure he’s quite top 4 level. A little inconsistent. Great on his day though. No doubt Caf members will be fuming at this because he would be an upgrade on our midfield, but so would your most bang average PL midfielder.

BarstoolProphet

Not sure he’s quite top 4 level. A little inconsistent. Great on his day though. No doubt Caf members will be fuming at this because he would be an upgrade on our midfield, but so would your most bang average PL midfielder.
Agree.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It would be like replacing Pogba with Pogba. A player who can be utterly brilliant one week and invisible for the next 3. It will be interesting to see if they can get some consistency out of him. Not a huge fan myself

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I wonder where Fab gets these pictures for every deal once they are confirmed. Great editing job if they are not real, which they aren’t likely to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.