Transfer Tweets - England & Scotland - 2022/23 | Follow the rules in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace_Ventura

Signed Nunez for 64 mil and sold Mane for 35 mil or
Signed Nunez for 85 mil and sold Mane for 27 mil.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

I’ve long called Romano a tap in merchant , but he was spot on with this.

ForeverRed1

ffs, what does 'preparing a bid' even fecking mean??? Seriously, that has has to be most infuriating three words in the English language.
they don’t just pluck numbers out of the sky... much negotiation will go into even the initial contact ..

ForeverRed1

Eden Hazard is still (somewhat) alive.
yeah that’s a fair shout. Lukaku though, doesn’t even want to be there.. after one season and talking about how much he loved Chelsea.. didn’t even last half the season before he started talking.. such a waste of money.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Wow, this came out of nowhere. I wasn't expecting them to really go after him, but he'll be a massive upgrade for them in the back 3. His arrival will also allow Tierney to play in his more natural role.
We don't play back 3 usually now though. Wonder if we might consider it again?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
We don't play back 3 usually now though. Wonder if we might consider it again?
You're right. They basically played a back 4 for much of last season. I think I forgot about that whilst considering how Martinez will fit into the Premier League. He's a short defender and will most likely struggle with the aerial challenges in England.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
You're right. They basically played a back 4 for much of last season. I think I forgot about that whilst considering how Martinez will fit into the Premier League. He's a short defender and will most likely struggle with the aerial challenges in England.
Totally out the blue this. I'm wondering if he's going to be the competing at left back first, and just providing cover for left centre back behind Gabriel?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Totally out the blue this. I'm wondering if he's going to be the competing at left back first, and just providing cover for left centre back behind Gabriel?
He's very rarely played at left back throughout his time at Ajax. He's only made 7 appearances in total at left back (starter + bench) for Ajax. That's not to say that he can't play there, but I doubt that Arteta would want to bring him in to play him as a left back first. His strengths are much better suited to a more central role where he can kick off and build up attacks. He's not much of a dribbler or particularly quick, so I don't see how he'll offer much going forward at left back.

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
He's very rarely played at left back throughout his time at Ajax. He's only made 7 appearances in total at left back (starter + bench) for Ajax. That's not to say that he can't play there, but I doubt that Arteta would want to bring him in to play him as a left back first. His strengths are much better suited to a more central role where he can kick off and build up attacks. He's not much of a dribbler or particularly quick, so I don't see how he'll offer much going forward at left back.
Decent player but we are stacked at CB. Holding & Mari must be off. Unless Teta wants to rid of Saliba...

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Ajax fans seems to be raving about him and he's flying under the Timber hype. He would be CM+ better emergency LB cover than Xhaka for when Tierney inevitably gets injured.
Really impressive that we're getting things done without anyone knowing anything. Kind of tells me that maybe the Hickey/Rafinha links are pure smoke.

M4YON

• As The Athletic reported earlier this week, Manchester United have made an offer to sign Eriksen but we’re hearing that the midfielder would like to stay in London and that it’s a fight between re-signing with Brentford and rejoining Spurs

Josep Dowling

• As The Athletic reported earlier this week, Manchester United have made an offer to sign Eriksen but we’re hearing that the midfielder would like to stay in London and that it’s a fight between re-signing with Brentford and rejoining Spurs
Feck me, even Brentford are looking like a better option for players.

Status
Not open for further replies.