Transfer Tweets - England & Scotland - 2022/23 | Follow the rules in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

James35

Was hoping we'd go in for him, thought he was brilliant every time I watched Brighton. LB isn't a pressing issue but I do like the look of Malacia also.
We have so many pressing issues. It does make me question if we will ever be a match for the best teams again considering the wealth involved, allowing the cycle of dominance to continue. Man City are going nowhere unfortunately.

I think we need both full backs, DM,CM,RW and CF. It’s not going to happen in one window of course but I worry that we’ll always be playing catch up unless we become a club with bottomless pockets and not owned by leeches bleeding the club dry as the debt rises.

Very good player for City though if they do get him, Alvarez looks very good and Haaland up top is a frightening thought, just a pure goal machine. I think next season will finally be their CL year.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Alvarez and Carvalho (not officially but was reported heavily at the end of January). was done in January? And Haaland has been in the works for probably two years. Only one out of the blue is Nunez (and Ramsay if it gets completed soon) he was signed after the window was opened.
That was my point.

The nonsense we've seen from the Manchester press pack, the transfer window has only just opened, is garbage. You can do deals at any time in the year. The window being open is just about being able to register the deals.

United could have lined up any number of players to join on day 1 of the transfer window. Despite having a Football Director who's meant to be responsible for this stuff, despite the new head coach delaying his vacation and starting early from Ajax to get things started, we are twiddling our thumbs while our rivals are hard at work.

Look at Real Madrid. Transfer window in Spain doesn't open until July and they're doing presentations with Tchoumeni.

We're a joke and a laughing stock and the worst thing is, if he can't pull a rabbit out of a hat, Ten Hag will be blamed for everything that happens.

Charles Miller

A team is not the sum of names, its the combination of characteristics that reinforce each other. The front three Liverpool had in the last years is not easy to improve. You can improve the names, sure. But not the whole package: players that do not get injured, always with strong mentality and able to play in two, three positions. Liverpool is weaker now.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
A team is not the sum of names, its the combination of characteristics that reinforce each other. The front three Liverpool had in the last years is not easy to improve. You can improve the names, sure. But not the whole package: players that do not get injured, always with strong mentality and able to play in two, three positions. Liverpool is weaker now.
So you say. Only time will tell

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Exclusive. Sporting CP received a proposal from Fulham of 18 M€ for João Palhinha. Frederico Varandas considers the value acceptable and leaves the decision in the player's hands. Fulham offers a 5-year contract.

Wolves are also interested in the midfielder.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
That was my point.

The nonsense we've seen from the Manchester press pack, the transfer window has only just opened, is garbage. You can do deals at any time in the year. The window being open is just about being able to register the deals.

United could have lined up any number of players to join on day 1 of the transfer window. Despite having a Football Director who's meant to be responsible for this stuff, despite the new head coach delaying his vacation and starting early from Ajax to get things started, we are twiddling our thumbs while our rivals are hard at work.

Look at Real Madrid. Transfer window in Spain doesn't open until July and they're doing presentations with Tchoumeni.

We're a joke and a laughing stock and the worst thing is, if he can't pull a rabbit out of a hat, Ten Hag will be blamed for everything that happens.
DoF is only in the job a wet weekend. Hard to plan who to get when the new manager is not in place. Ten Hag has obviously then come in and said that DeJong If possible is priority. He will gel his plans together.
the team is all new, they’ve literally had a number of weeks together. We’ve also now thrown in an assistant DoF a couple of weeks ago.
But you’re all not going to see real benefit until further down the line, certainly not this window.
plus it seems we have a paltry budget so we are trying the priority bu first

the simple fact is that Liverpool and Madrid were In the CL final so they are a draw for players. Both players said they wanted to go to them. Haaland always wanted to go to city, they paid his release fee. No one else was realistically in for him as he was city bound.

to sum up give my head peace

Zoo

So United and Chelsea are yet to do any business and the latter had a change of ownership just a few weeks ago.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

First reported by independent and corroborated by foot mercato

I personally would have loved us to sign him as a rotation/back up striker, but Leeds is a good move for him. Think he's got something about him and could be a very astute signing for them.

edit: @mazhar13 whoops, I realise Delaney was tier 5, is this still ok?

Last edited:

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
So United and Chelsea are yet to do any business and the latter had a change of ownership just a few weeks ago.
It’s honestly shocking. The two clubs that need the most dramatic rebuilding have done zero whilst the clubs that finished top 2 and 4th have or will soon have sewn up several deals.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

First reported by independent and corroborated by foot mercato

I personally would have loved us to sign him as a rotation/back up striker, but Leeds is a good move for him. Think he's got something about him and could be a very astute signing for them.

edit: @mazhar13 whoops, I realise Delaney was tier 5, is this still ok?
I didn't put Delaney's name in at the start, so you can keep his Tweet for now. From now on, though, he'd be banned.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Unless I missed a saga, Arsenal went and signed that Porto lad in an instant from the point of it becoming public knowledge.

I'm envious of that carry on.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Unless I missed a saga, Arsenal went and signed that Porto lad in an instant from the point of it becoming public knowledge.

I'm envious of that carry on.
It has shades of the Eduardo transfer. Not seen a single link or hint of an interest and boom he's already signed.
On to youtube to confirm he's a future Ballon d'Or... :drool:

Dazzmondo

My biggest hope for us getting top 4 is that Chelsea seem likely to also have a poor window and are considerably weaker due to player departures

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
My biggest hope for us getting top 4 is that Chelsea seem likely to also have a poor window and are considerably weaker due to player departures
You say player departures, but the biggest miss is Rudiger. Christensen will be replaced relatively easily. The other two are Alonso and Azpi, one of whom Chelsea fans have been wanting to get rid of for a long time, and the other is on his last legs and should no longer be a important part of the squad.

Anyway, United and Chelsea will both sign multiple players. This overreaction when we have over 2 months left in the window is rather odd to me.

roseguy64

Surprisingly losing Bissouma is not so much of a problem. It's a bit like losing Ben White last year, we knew it was coming and have planned accordingly. We are rich in CMs right now Caicedo, Alzate, Mwepu, Lallana, Mac Allister and Moder.

Losing Cucurella would be very different as he was bought because we have no left back cover at all, hence the very high price!
You could probably get Alex Telles or Brandon Williams for a decent price.

roseguy64

Was hoping we'd go in for him, thought he was brilliant every time I watched Brighton. LB isn't a pressing issue but I do like the look of Malacia also.
We were never gonna go for him. Way too expensive. He only signed for Brighton last season.

roseguy64

That was my point.

Trying to compare what we need to do and our situation to Real Madrid, Liverpool and Man City is a fool's errand. Expecting us in a rebuild with a new manager to have completed our business early like 2 out of the 3 have was not a possibility. We need more players than them and we need to get more players out than them. The previous regime gave lots of players too high wages and so we may be stuck with a few players we need to get out to bring people in.

All of that just hampers one's ability in the market. It's not worth getting upset about it. Wait until the end of the window. This is gonna be a tricky window.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Also, Henderson's coming in to be Forest's #1 keeper as Brice Samba is currently wanted by Lens and will likely leave the club.

Jibbs

This post is a new low for RedCafe. Shockingly bad.
Bayern signed gravenberch for 20-25 million. They will sign Laimer for around the same amount and perform significantly better than United season after season. Just goes to show how incompetent and shambolic people are running the affairs at United.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Bayern signed gravenberch for 20-25 million. They will sign Laimer for around the same amount and perform significantly better than United season after season. Just goes to show how incompetent and shambolic people are running the affairs at United.
It's something they are paying a fee. They usually get players to run down their contracts and rip clubs off.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
£50m for a player who's entering the final year of his contract is mad. I'm surprised that they would want to offer more than £30m, especially when other clubs (i.e. Tottenham, Chelsea, Real Madrid) have yet to submit their offers.

Jibbs

It's something they are paying a fee. They usually get players to run down their contracts and rip clubs off.
Which we could do as well. We rather make players run down their contract and go for free whom we could have sold for huge sums only an year ago. Absolute shambles.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Which we could do as well. We rather make players run down their contract and go for free whom we could have sold for huge sums only an year ago. Absolute shambles.
...or we extend contracts and then can't get rid of them as well.

MUnchies

Anyway, United and Chelsea will both sign multiple players. This overreaction when we have over 2 months left in the window is rather odd to me.
Very odd to me too. Chelsea fan talking sense on a United forum while the United fans constantly diss the club they love.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
£50m for a player who's entering the final year of his contract is mad. I'm surprised that they would want to offer more than £30m, especially when other clubs (i.e. Tottenham, Chelsea, Real Madrid) have yet to submit their offers.
It is but the alternatives are Osimhen at 80/100M or Scamaca in the same price range. Besides these 2 you either go young prospect or you get creative with false 9 options...
I think this will get done at 40/45 bonus included.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It is but the alternatives are Osimhen at 80/100M or Scamaca in the same price range. Besides these 2 you either go young prospect or you get creative with false 9 options...
I think this will get done at 40/45 bonus included.
There are other cheap alternatives around who are probably older but can deliver in the short term, but that's a discussion for another thread.

Regarding the two players that you named, Arsenal haven't had any solid links with either of those players, and it's probably because of their price points. Gabriel Jesus will be a very good player for Arsenal, but they better hope that he's more consistent given the price that they're paying.

Status
Not open for further replies.