Transfer Tweets - England/Scotland - 2023/24

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Source (Tier 2): Ben Jacobs
If Chelsea can 'comfortably' spend £200M before sales, having spent well over £1B in the last couple of years. How much can United 'comfortably' spend in the summer, having only spent £400M+ over the last couple of years? Half a billion, more?

The statement makes no sense.

diarm

If Chelsea can 'comfortably' spend £200M before sales, having spent well over £1B in the last couple of years. How much can United 'comfortably' spend in the summer, having only spent £400M+ over the last couple of years? Half a billion, more?

The statement makes no sense.
Chelsea's farming of youth players to sell rather than play helps them no end when it comes to FFP. That and their 19 year structuring of contracts for amortization purposes which I think has been outlawed now, but not before they benefitted from it in recent years.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1):
Barça have received an offer from Tottenham for Frenkie de Jong.

Operation around 60M, including variables, and 4 years of contract for the Dutchman.

The player would get to have the same salary as at Barça if he meets some objectives

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Brentford agree to sign Igor Thiago from Club Brugge on a 5-year contract this summer

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Roy Hodgson steps down as Palace's manager and is replaced by Oliver Glasner, who has signed a contract until the end of the 2025/26 season

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 2:
  • Steidten's frustrated with how West Ham operate, particularly due to what he feels is a lack of power for him.
  • Steidten wants to appoint a new manager and have his own say on Moyes's potential successor.
Tier 1:

The candidates (also mentioned by Steinberg):
  • Julen Lopetegui
  • Steve Cooper
  • Graham Potter
  • (Long-standing interest in) Thomas Tuchel
    • Unlikely to take the West Ham job
Potential successor only name-dropped by Steinberg and not Mokbel: Paulo Fonseca

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:
To Liverpool in the summer? Rolfes: "I didn't just extend my contract in the autumn for no reason" - Reported interest from the Reds in Xabi Alonso and the manager
The full quotes from Rolfes:
The fact that there is a lot of speculation about Bayer 04’s protagonists due to our current successes is part of the business. But that doesn’t change my direction. It’s not without reason that I only extended my contract in the autumn. I’m absolutely happy in Leverkusen in this constellation.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 2):
Ruben Amorim tops the list of targets to replace De Zerbi at Brighton next season; the Italian coach is in the sights of Barcelona and Liverpool; the Portuguese coach, who is increasingly on the market, is now shielded by Sporting with a €30 million clause
For whatever reason, the amount in the post is different to Bruno Andrade's article that was published just before, but I'll assume that he fat-fingered the amount in the post.