Transfer Tweets - England/Scotland - 2023/24

Kramer

What on earth is happening. I am generally pretty pleased with our own window but our rivals are throwing money around like drunk gamblers…

Caicedo to Pool…110M £
Rice to Arsenal…105M £
Lavia to Chelsea…50M £?
Paqueta to City…90M £?

All extremely high quality players. Not sure about Paqueta but I mean City have just the strongest midfield in the world even without him.

We better sign a CB, Amrabat (or an alternate midfield target) and another attacker (perhaps clubs plan is MG?), else it’ll be a real battle for top 4.

Squad strength will be critical with the amount and proposed increased length of games.

croadyman

What on earth is happening. I am generally pretty pleased with our own window but our rivals are throwing money around like drunk gamblers…

Caicedo to Pool…110M £
Rice to Arsenal…105M £
Lavia to Chelsea…50M £?
Paqueta to City…90M £?

All extremely high quality players. Not sure about Paqueta but I mean City have just the strongest midfield in the world even without him.

We better sign a CB, Amrabat (or an alternate midfield target) and another attacker (perhaps clubs plan is MG?), else it’ll be a real battle for top 4.

Squad strength will be critical with the amount and proposed increased length of games.
Pavard/Todibo, ambitious bid for Tchouameni/Valverde and bring back MG

RU Devil

Panic buy? 110m quid for Caicedo :eek: :eek::annoyed:
Yeah, a bit mad to me. Is he Kante level DM? But then again, they just got Brighton's midfield for almost 200mil. Just don't know about that. Will be interesting to see what magic De Zerbi can conjure with the remains of his midfield & new recruits.

Dazzmondo

I'm really surprised and disappointed about Kane going to Bayern. Genuinely thought he would wait 1 year before joining us on a free, really don't understand what is so attractive about Bayern. On top of that I see Caicedo looks like joining Liverpool which makes them suddenly look much stronger. Annoying.

James35

Liverpool aren’t fecking around, buying Brightons midfield. Already had them finishing second before getting Caicedo.

I’m just praying we sign another midfielder as that seems to have gone quiet as of now. The Casemiro, Mount, Bruno set up looks increasingly just as susceptible to bypass as last years midfield 3.

The fact we will be pinning hopes on very young inexperienced striker also, I feel top four is going to be extremely difficult. Still time left in window, hope EtH has a surprise or two left to come in.

Dazzmondo

Liverpool aren’t fecking around, buying Brightons midfield. Already had them finishing second before getting Caicedo.

I’m just praying we sign another midfielder as that seems to have gone quiet as of now. The Casemiro, Mount, Bruno set up looks increasingly just as susceptible to bypass as last years midfield 3.

The fact we will be pinning hopes on very young inexperienced striker also, I feel top four is going to be extremely difficult. Still time left in window, hope EtH has a surprise or two left to come in.
They still need to fix their defence before 2nd is realistic imo. However, I do worry that now they've got a top dm in, they might switch their attention to defence and if they fix that part of the team they could be very strong indeed.

The good news is that the top 5 this season will get CL football, so I don't think it will be an issue for us getting CL football. With Kane going to Bayern I feel a lot less optimistic about our chances of competing for the title anytime soon though. Have to hope Hojlund has a breakout year or maybe that Garnacho can add those goals we need.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United

After all the drama of Ndiaye & Berge leaving, this is a huge signing for us.

Baxquux

This is going to be hilarious.
This is bizarre, tbh, unless he really really likes the idea of living in London. Chelsea are an interesting project, but a risky one, riskier than the set-up Liverpool have. Just because they're splashing cash on potential talent, doesn't mean they're going to continue being able to do if those projects don't develop or gel together. It's not like Chelsea guarantee him success or even guaranteed CL in a way which, temporarily at least (we'll see what happens with the charges), City more or less do. Do Chelsea continue to have ties with Russian gangsters or something - is Caicedo being leant on?? I mean, it's quite amusing to see Liverpool get gazumped like this, but it does beg a range of questions....

gajender

This is bizarre, tbh, unless he really really likes the idea of living in London. Chelsea are an interesting project, but a risky one, riskier than the set-up Liverpool have. Just because they're splashing cash on potential talent, doesn't mean they're going to continue being able to do if those projects don't develop or gel together. It's not like Chelsea guarantee him success or even guaranteed CL in a way which, temporarily at least (we'll see what happens with the charges), City more or less do. Do Chelsea continue to have ties with Russian gangsters or something - is Caicedo being leant on?? I mean, it's quite amusing to see Liverpool get gazumped like this, but it does beg a range of questions....
Nah you are Overthinking a Lot Choosing Chelsea over Liverpool isn't a big deal Even in their current state .

newgiz

I cannot understand how and why Caicedo is worth 110m or whatever ridiculous amount has been mentioned. The amounts mentioned are crazy. He has had 1.5 seasons at Brighton where he has been good. It's a bit strange that he's more expensive than Rice.

Baxquux

Nah you are Overthinking a Lot Choosing Chelsea over Liverpool isn't a big deal Even in their current state .
Really - why? They've released most of their experienced players, for better or worse. They've added a bunch of inexperienced though promising youngsters to a squad that finished 10th last season. They can't just keep spending, due to FFP, and can't play the contract amortization trick in the same way any more. They're run by financiers rather than a money-laundering sugar daddy. It doesn't matter who they were in the past, if teams are set up to keep overtaking them in the future(not guaranteed, obviously- i rate Poch as a coach and they have signed talent, just not dead-cert talents). I don't want to defend the Scousers, but it's not that sensible a decision.

Dazzmondo

Really - why? They've released most of their experienced players, for better or worse. They've added a bunch of inexperienced though promising youngsters to a squad that finished 10th last season. They can't just keep spending, due to FFP, and can't play the contract amortization trick in the same way any more. They're run by financiers rather than a money-laundering sugar daddy. It doesn't matter who they were in the past, if teams are set up to keep overtaking them in the future(not guaranteed, obviously- i rate Poch as a coach and they have signed talent, just not dead-cert talents). I don't want to defend the Scousers, but it's not that sensible a decision.
I think they're pretty comparable. Livrpool's attack is incredible but their defence has a lot of problems and the midfielders they've signed so far are better in attack than defence. The team's more lopsided than Chelsea imo who have a pretty strong defence (even last season). The loss of Nkunku is the real kicker for Chelsea. Had he been available their first XI with Caicedo added looks very strong imo.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
There were stories he grew up a united fan ;)

croadyman

I'm really surprised and disappointed about Kane going to Bayern. Genuinely thought he would wait 1 year before joining us on a free, really don't understand what is so attractive about Bayern. On top of that I see Caicedo looks like joining Liverpool which makes them suddenly look much stronger. Annoying.
Have we fecked up by ending interest in him,he didn't help the situation by not giving us enough encouragement unfortunately