Transfer Tweets - England/Scotland - 2023/24

Withnail

In July, Tchouameni was already giving indications of not wanting to leave Real Madrid. He never gave a second thought to playing for any other club this summer.
Ornstein just filling column inches for the sake of it there. Real dont want to sell and he doesn't want to go so why write about.

Also how the feck did we keep Lingard on the books for so long. He can't even get a club at 30 years of age.

croadyman

In July, Tchouameni was already giving indications of not wanting to leave Real Madrid. He never gave a second thought to playing for any other club this summer.
They have ridiculous level of midfield depth yet we can't sell McTominay in order to get both Amrabat & Onana which says it all

Lee565

Tier 2:
He would be booed by the west ham crowd surely if he signs a short term contract, surprised he has hasn't had his agent get him a move to Saudi league seeing as he is clearly just in it for the money

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Chelsea out here shopping with the truck while everyone's using their carrier bag.

M4YON

Chelsea out here shopping with the truck while everyone's using their carrier bag.

TOTAL contractual agreement between Michael Olise and Chelsea.

Now Chelsea must find common ground with Crystal Palace who have already declined 2 offers.

Manchester City remain interested, but Olise wants to return to Chelsea.

Teja

Wow that's insane. How do they not run afoul of FFP after the Jan / summer windows they had?

It's kinda hilarous to see Liverpool get screwed here and all that but something's definitely shady with Chelsea.

Baxquux

TOTAL contractual agreement between Michael Olise and Chelsea.

Now Chelsea must find common ground with Crystal Palace who have already declined 2 offers.

Manchester City remain interested, but Olise wants to return to Chelsea.
Boehly may have been a joke last year, but even taking into account the overpaying, this is ambition on a frighteningly different scale to ours. Actually recruiting young, top-range players across the team rather than settling for playing 'good lad' mediocrities. Purchasing some of the best U23 talents in world football for 3 years time and setting up loans. This is what Woodward should have been doing if he was so keen on making a spectacle with the cash back in the day; recruit the best talent scouts, buy potential and market-razzle the hell out of them. The only proper reconcilable position between our footballing interests and the Glazers brand-driven practices

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Every other transfer we’ve made so far this summer I can see a clear plan with and am supportive of. But I don’t actually understand why we’re apparently going to move for Olise as our final attacking signing. He’s a top talent no doubt, but he’s a creator of chances and goals when what we need is a SCORER of goals.

Plus he’s currently injured.

Dazzmondo

Every other transfer we’ve made so far this summer I can see a clear plan with and am supportive of. But I don’t actually understand why we’re apparently going to move for Olise as our final attacking signing. He’s a top talent no doubt, but he’s a creator of chances and goals when what we need is a SCORER of goals.

Plus he’s currently injured.
I think you definitely need a creator. Your most creative players are Chilwell, James and Enzo. Enzo didn't create anything last season due to playing so deep, but I suspect that will change with Caicedo and Lavia allowing him to push higher up. Your xg last season shows you don't just lack goalscorers but also creativity, as opposed to Utd for example where the xg was actually good, but our finishing was absolutely rubbish. Jackson could be your scorer. Think you should give him more than just 1 game against one of the best teams in the league before giving up on him.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I think you definitely need a creator. Your most creative players are Chilwell, James and Enzo. Enzo didn't create anything last season due to playing so deep, but I suspect that will change with Caicedo and Lavia allowing him to push higher up. Your xg last season shows you don't just lack goalscorers but also creativity, as opposed to Utd for example where the xg was actually good, but our finishing was absolutely rubbish. Jackson could be your scorer. Think you should give him more than just 1 game against one of the best teams in the league before giving up on him.
Trust me, I fecking LOVE Jackson and haven’t “given up” on him. Thought he was great yesterday. But having 1 striker in Jackson who is brand new to the league and Broja who is a kid still and coming off a months long injury as our only options up front is SO risky.

The Nkunku injury really fecked us.