Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If it's true, it'll be reported in the British press in the next 2 hours. Until then, chill the feck out. Even then... Chill the feck out.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If this is true, at this point, I would just walk away and feck him and Barcelona. Expend my energy on achievable targets that are keen on coming to United and not having to be persuaded.

K Stand Knut

I would argue that de Jong is closer now with those tweets.

Last ditch attempt to squeeze more out of the deal from a Barça perspective

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This is going to end badly. Nobody seems interested in signing him so he'll be forced to stay. He won't be happy but we'll have to play him every game we can because we have no other strikers. Not ideal at all.
I would bench him. He wouldn't be forced to stay....no-one wanted him. You can't put a player who is so vociferous on leaving and going so far as to go awol back in the first team, no matter who they are. His feelings as of now are no longer relevant.

Ralaks

Is that guy even reliable?

Honestly screams of Barca trying a new tactic in getting us to give them more than they should get for him

Highfather_24

If this is true, at this point, I would just walk away and feck him and Barcelona. Expend my energy on achievable targets that are keen on coming to United and not having to be persuaded.
So are you saying its time to walk away?

DevTheRed

This always happens towards the end of completing a deal, could just be agents naming clubs in an attempt to get the deal done or more money. Not reading tooooo much into it.. still squeaky bum time though.

Newtonius

Hardly unexpected when the club took two months to haggle over 10 million, or it could be part of the negotiation forcing United to pay up, ala Bruno to Barca, guess we will see.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
This always happens towards the end of completing a deal, could just be agents naming clubs in an attempt to get the deal done or more money. Not reading tooooo much into it.. still squeaky bum time though.
Unless Matt Law or Ben Jacobs say Chelsea, it is Laporte trying to squeeze a few more pounds. It does mean Laporte wants the deal completed.

Mmm-Qatarian

I mean the issue of Frenkie having 17 million in unpaid wages doesn't just magically go away for Chelsea. Whichever club tries to sign him will need to overcome this obstacle, if indeed he leaves Barcelona at all.

TsuWave

United finished 6th with 0 goal difference. No CL, no major trophies for a while all the while taking some serious spankings by historical rivals when the whole world was watching.

Every quality player will have to be persuaded from this point on. Fergie juice can only take you so far and has ran out after 10 years of mediocrity.

United fans need to adjust to the new reality. This “players should want to come” United arrogance is misplaced. Maybe we’ll regain it in the future, but right now - it’s super out of place.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
United finished 6th with 0 goal difference. No CL, no major trophies for a while all the while taking some serious spankings by historical rivals when the whole world was watching.

Every quality player will have to be persuaded from this point on. Fergie juice can only take you so far and has ran out after 10 years of mediocrity.

United fans need to adjust to the new reality. This “players should want to come” United arrogance is misplaced. Maybe we’ll regain it in the future, but right now - it’s super out of place.
It's not arrogance, it's about commitment. We know where we are right now and everyone knows about United's potential. You may want clarification as to what is going on and what your role might be but you shouldn't need to be persuaded. You're either in or out.

led_scholes

I agree, but unfortunately we don't have any other target in CM. Our scouting department is really non existent and we need 2 cms (one is Ericksen). Otherwise, we need Garner to make a huge step forward.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
I would argue that de Jong is closer now with those tweets.

Last ditch attempt to squeeze more out of the deal from a Barça perspective

Yeah, good point. The more aggressive approach from Barca side, the closer we are and they are desperate. As we have shown during this summer, we have pretty decent amount of patience and we are confident. So Barca's desperate negotiation tactics just make them more stupid. So good luck to them.

Frenkie is coming.

lysglimt

Scout
Yeah, good point. The more aggressive approach from Barca side, the closer we are and they are desperate. As we have shown during this summer, we have pretty decent amount of patience and we are confident. So Barca's desperate negotiation tactics just make them more stupid. So good luck to them.

Frenkie is coming.
There are people who will still claim that when FDJ signs a contract for a different club :)

Dante

Average bang
He's either staying at his dream club or going to his old mentor.

I don't see why Chelsea would magically become an option. De Jong's problem has never been that he wants to leave. It's that Barcelona are pushing him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.