Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Chelsea have been linked to every £50M+ player in the World.

Don't forget, they've signed no one yet and have no defence and no striker.

We have both, maybe not functioning just yet, but we have bodies, and have signed 2 players and several solid negotiations on 3 others.

I'd be panicking if I was a Chelsea fan, as a United fan, I'm still fairly positive.

Dazzmondo

He's either staying at his dream club or going to his old mentor.

I don't see why Chelsea would magically become an option. De Jong's problem has never been that he wants to leave. It's that Barcelona are pushing him out.
He doesn't even want to join Utd. Chelsea are in CL and have a great coach in Tuchel. Their current squad is better than ours. The only reason he would choose Utd is because of ETH, otherwise I doubt he'd even consider us. If Barcelona accept Chelsea's bid and refuse ours, I've no doubt FDJ would be prepared to go there.

Irwin99

Chelsea already have Jorginho they have absolutely no need for another metronome midfielder. I think its BS.

Frank Grimes

If it's true that Chelsea are interested then we are fecked. No way he turns down CL football and London because of ETH.
I thought this deal was in the bag and it still probably is but the fact it's not wrapped up before our pre season tour is shambolic.

Dan_F

We have both, maybe not functioning just yet, but we have bodies, and have signed 2 players and several solid negotiations on 3 others.

I'd be panicking if I was a Chelsea fan, as a United fan, I'm still fairly positive.
Especially after probably signing Sterling, he can’t be cheap. As well central defence they are also supposed to be losing Alonso and Azpi. There’s so much to do at Chelsea, you could argue that central midfield is the one area of the squad that is actually okay.

Giggs' right foot

Chelsea will probably buy him for the amount we've negotiated it down to - but throw in half or 2/3 of the deferred payment Barca owes him. Deal will then be quickly done. That's how I see it pan out.

McFred for another season, lads - let's gooooo

Dazzmondo

Sterling seems pretty much done and that's a great signing. They definitely aren't having a great window so far. Pretty clear many of their main targets prefer moves to other clubs in De Ligt and Raphinha (tbf though if Barcelona can't fix their financial situation to the point where they can sign both Lewandowski and Raphinha, I wouldn't be too surprised to see him join Chelsea). Their team is still in a better place than ours. The one area they definitely need an upgrade is at cb. De Ligt is obviously their 1st choice, Kounde seems to be their 2nd (again Barcelona seem to be his 1st choice but this look like the transfer they're least likely to complete, so good chance Chelsea could get him imo). I find it funny reading some of the comments here from Chelsea fans because midfield is probably the next area they need to upgrade (assuming they sign Sterling). Jorginho's in the final year of his contract and had a drop off in performances last season. Kante's injuries finally caught up to him last season, he's missed large parts of the last few seasons with injuries, but his performances never seemed to be affected until last season where he was really poor whenever I watched him. Again, Kante is in the final year of his contract and I doubt Chelsea will renew. I can definitely see why they would be interested in De Jong or a similar midfielder.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I think that's all but confirmed regardless of De Jong situation
Yes, I agree. De Ligt to Bayern seems to be happening but Chelsea going for FDJ is still strange. They desperately need CBs

Dazzmondo

Yes, I agree. De Ligt to Bayern seems to be happening but Chelsea going for FDJ is still strange. They desperately need CBs
I think they're going all out for Kounde. Problem is Barcelona seems to be Kounde's 1st choice, but I think he's their 3rd priority behind Lewandowski and Raphinha. As financially irresposible as they are, I can't see Barcelona being able to buy a 3rd £60m player. If Barcelona are out of the equation I think Kounde will agree to join Chelsea. I don't see him staying at Sevilla for another season.

Suv666

A sensible Chelsea shouldn't go for De Jong but with the new owners you never know.
The America owners could be itching for a big name signing

TsuWave

It's not arrogance, it's about commitment. We know where we are right now and everyone knows about United's potential. You may want clarification as to what is going on and what your role might be but you shouldn't need to be persuaded. You're either in or out.
I’m sorry but nah, you don’t join a sinking ship without being convinced it can turn its fortunes. United has to make one hell of a pitch to attract quality players now, and in fact, I’d argue that any player that joins without being seriously convinced is not in it for the right reasons.

Superden

most of the caf reckon our club is a shambles, with absolute parasites as owners, facilities that belong in the 1970s and a team in disarray. and yet at the same time we expect elite footballers to be begging to join us? and then throw our toys out of the pram when it looks like they need persuading / prefer other options?

Superden

All the youtube compilations I watched of him have gone to waste. I feel so betrayed, what am I supposed to do with my tub of petroleum jelly now.
think about the glorious prologue of ETHs reign, when he starts with Fred as a false 9. that jelly will be melting.

Fox outside the box

I’m sorry but nah, you don’t join a sinking ship without being convinced it can turn its fortunes. United has to make one hell of a pitch to attract quality players now, and in fact, I’d argue that any player that joins without being seriously convinced is not in it for the right reasons.
"Sinking ship" is pretty dramatic. Fans have a tendency to be hyperbolic and emotional rather than rational, particularly in regards to the club they have chosen to support.

Manchester United is basically an institution. Decades of history and success don't vanish after a rubbish 12 months.

They may do for you but your perspective is completely different. Playing for Manchester United, in front of crowds of almost 80,000 and being paid £150-300k per week will be attractive for a lot of people. Liverpool didn't win a title for 30 years but players still wanted to play there. Players good enough to win a Premier League, so even if we accept that some individuals might not, there's a very current and relevant example of a team in a far worse situation, getting back to winning a league.

Your experience and perspective is so different to that of a professional football player that I find it somewhat strange that you can assert what they are thinking with such arrogance almost.

We talk about these things because it's an interest, a hobby but should remind ourselves that we're incredibly ignorant of the actual workings and what goes on behind the scenes and have no real way of properly identifying with the choices these people make.

There are a whole load of examples of players joining teams that have had a blip in success or that don't have CL football that I don't think it's an issue, at least like you're making out.

It was literally 12 months ago that we signed one of the greatest players of all time, one of the most successful CBs in world football and one of the most exciting English prospects in Europe...we will have a lot more pull with players than you're making out.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thanks to @jeepers for finding this:
Cristiano Ronaldo: Manchester United have accepted the pressure and are willing to sell. It wants around €15m (or £13m) to open negotiations with potential interested parties
In English:

I was tempted to post FIVE's Tweet on this just for fun, but this should suffice.

Baneofthegame

most of the caf reckon our club is a shambles, with absolute parasites as owners, facilities that belong in the 1970s and a team in disarray. and yet at the same time we expect elite footballers to be begging to join us? and then throw our toys out of the pram when it looks like they need persuading / prefer other options?
The logic of the caf right there.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source:
UPDATE Martinez, Timber, Antony, Wijndal and Brobbey. Millions are flying around at Ajax
The only new info from this is that Ajax hasn't responded to Martinez's request to sanction a move to the Premier League for a reasonable amount.

More from that article:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
With all due respect, that's just bullshit. United a sinking ship?? Not even close. Barcelona are what you would call a sinking ship...yet players are still clamouring to go there. Maybe because Spain is a 2/3 team league...I don't know.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: BT

Thomas Frank on Eriksen:
Right now he’s not a Brentford player, but he’s not a player with anyone else either. It may well be that right now it looks like it’s going to be a different place than with us, but let’s see.
Whether Eriksen will be a Brentford player next season:
What am I supposed to answer to that? I have to be optimistic, but I do read newspapers. Let’s see what happens.

I’m communicating with Christian, but we’ll keep that to ourselves until he’s either signed here or somewhere else. We’ve offered him a contract and he’s had to figure out what he wants to do with his life and career. So he has an offer from us, but I don’t know what else is. I assume, however, that there are offers from just about everyone else. I talked to him for five minutes up in the national team camp [likely in June] and we have been in dialogue since. But I have not met him in Copenhagen. We have told him our good story here, and he knows that version. He has been insanely happy to be here, and I know he considered us strongly when we gave him the offer, for many reasons. But I do not know anything about what he has decided.

RedorDead21

With all due respect, that's just bullshit. United a sinking ship?? Not even close. Barcelona are what you would call a sinking ship...yet players are still clamouring to go there. Maybe because Spain is a 2/3 team league...I don't know.
A sinking ship for the better players of this world we certainly are….and I agree if any of the worlds best players joined us this summer I would question their motives. Everyone would. As better options than us are there due to our ownership/running of the club for a decade now.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Is anyone else starting to feel like these deals (FDJ, Martinez, Eriksen, to a lesser extent Antony which might not have been on anyway) are actually looking less and less close as time goes on?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The purchasing team is Dundee United, the team that Levitt was on loan to last season. United triggered the option to extend Levitt's contract in order to be able to sell him and recoup some value out of Levitt's departure.

Swedish_Plumber

The purchasing team is Dundee United, the team that Levitt was on loan to last season. United triggered the option to extend Levitt's contract in order to be able to sell him and recoup some value out of Levitt's departure.
I’m surprised he’s not attracted interested from the big 2 in Scotland. Must’ve had his heart set on returning to a club he’s done really well at!

Drizzle

Is anyone else starting to feel like these deals (FDJ, Martinez, Eriksen, to a lesser extent Antony which might not have been on anyway) are actually looking less and less close as time goes on?
Just you. Oh and everybody else.

SAF is the GOAT

What's the fee ?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
All the signs are pointing that way but we're also impatient to see the club do business so time doesn't help.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
All the signs are pointing that way but we're also impatient to see the club do business so time doesn't help.
Oh what a FM world we live in. Just can we all relax?!

Erisken will be announced soon and FDJ will sign eventually.

Just give it time!

Status
Not open for further replies.