Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Tell me you don't know what's going on without saying you don't know what's going on.

Seriously. WTF even is this tweet. So many like this lately where they're not actually saying anything.

lysglimt

Scout
I'd lose all respect for him if this happens.
I would lose respect for anyone not accepting an offer like that :) I love the guy - but that offer (if true) is too good to turn down.

lysglimt

Scout
Is this based on research or do you automatically assume every person is greedy by default?
If your definition of being greedy is wanting to make a lot more money - yes then 99% of the population is greedy by default.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
If your definition of being greedy is wanting to make a lot more money - yes then 99% of the population is greedy by default.
Did you do research on that, though?

Besides, you don't need to be excessively greedy to fancy £$€250m. To basically do your job in a dodgy country, not mass genocide of kittens

AndySmith1990

As someone who moved from working in the city for £50k+ to moving to a job that pays almost £10k less, because I prefer the quality of life, I find it interesting that people can throw out statements like this about the entire human population

cyberman

As someone who moved from working in the city for £50k+ to moving to a job that pays almost £10k less, because I prefer the quality of life, I find it interesting that people can throw out statements like this about the entire human population
He did say 99 percent to be fair

Suv666

I bet if it was 250 million less you would still be in the city

lysglimt

Scout
No I said 99%

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Tell me you don't know what's going on without saying you don't know what's going on.

Seriously. WTF even is this tweet. So many like this lately where they're not actually saying anything.
What?

He’s saying it’ll be done soon. Key details left to be ironed out. What more do you want him to say, it’s more or less what the other journo’s are saying.

lysglimt

Scout
And yes - it is a lot more complex than that - but not when it comes to huge wages like that. A difference of £10k a year - and I dont know, but maybe some of that is compensated by lower living costs etc - isn't that big if you get a better quality of life. But when you took that job making 50+ a year, I assume you improved your wages quite a lot - and were happy about it. So in a way you have probably been there as well

Suv666

You have to consider the starting point. 50% up from half a billion isn't going to change his or his families lifestyle.
Even for millionaires 250 is a lot of money and its not like he's guaranteed trophies by not moving to the Middle East anyway.
Bayern or PSG aren't coming for him, its United, Napoli, Chelsea etc hardly CL or domestic league contenders. That's an incredibly high price just to play in the CL or PL.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Can imagine Edwin telling Arnold and Murtough not to come back for any more players, whilst they're sat at the other side of the table sniggering and telling him they'll try not to.

2 days later the phone in Amsterdam rings..."can we just discuss Antony....I promise this is the last one Edwin"

Dr. StrangeHate

That's exactly why super rich people never use murky tricks, immoral practices and bend or break the law to increase their wealth.
That doesn't require them to move to a place they don't want to be, take part in a competition which they don't care about.

Dr. StrangeHate

Even for millionaires 250 is a lot of money and its not like he's guaranteed trophies by not moving to the Middle East anyway.
Bayern or PSG aren't coming for him, its United, Napoli, Chelsea etc hardly CL or domestic league contenders. That's an incredibly high price just to play in the CL or PL.
I think if he can join Bayern, Real, City, etc. he would do that instead of going to KSA but if he has no choice he probably goes KSA over United as we are not winning anything in the next couple of years.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I think if he can join Bayern, Real, City, etc. he would do that instead of going to KSA but if he has no choice he probably goes KSA over United as we are not winning anything in the next couple of years.
Are we really kidding ourselves that he'd go to Saudi Arabia for trohpies not money?

Red Stone

It's becoming obvious at this point that Romano wipes the floor with literally every other muppet journo. How the feck is he this on the ball all the time? Every league, he always knows what's up way before everyone else.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
What?

He’s saying it’ll be done soon. Key details left to be ironed out. What more do you want him to say, it’s more or less what the other journo’s are saying.

Kind of my point. Hes said United are "hoping" to get it done today but there's still no agreement. That's not an update. It's done purely for the tweet interactions.

Cantonagotmehere

I think there is an element of de Jong not wanting to burn any bridges with the supporters, as we may think a return to Barca is on the cards if ten Hag fails at United. All the while Barca are setting him up to look like the greedy Dutchman who only cares money. There are several moving parts to this and it won’t be resolved anytime soon.
Agree with this. No way he says he wants out when he'd be perfectly happy returning there. That does not mean he would not also like a move to United.

AaronRedDevil

Someone ask Stone what's his feeling on the De Jong situation, obviously heard Whitwell's on the podcast yesterday.
Heres the exclusive news till deadline day. De Jong doesn't want to leave Barcelona. Doesn't mind if he has to join man united. Won't leave until he gets his 17m paid in full by Barcelona. Repeat everyday.

cyberman

Someone ask Stone what's his feeling on the De Jong situation, obviously heard Whitwell's on the podcast yesterday.
Stone doesn’t actually know any news, he only comments when everybody else has. It makes him dependable because he doesn’t post “Insider speculation” but makes him useless for running commentary.

Dan_F

It's becoming obvious at this point that Romano wipes the floor with literally every other muppet journo. How the feck is he this on the ball all the time? Every league, he always knows what's up way before everyone else.
By just repeating news that other journalists are reporting? Or then posting several tweets on one transfer giving vague update details that mean nothing. Most of the stuff on his timeline is already out there by the time he tweets it.

Fox outside the box

I'd lose all respect for him if this happens.
Hilarious. Nobody cares if Dan on the cafe doesn't 'respect' them.

What is this bizarre attitude some people have that they think their thoughts or opinions are in any way relevant to someone's life choices? He doesn't know you exist, he'll do what is best for him, as all of us here would.

Fox outside the box

Think some on here should go and be a journo. Seems like a lot of people are sat around, scratching their arse and complaining on a forum when they could clearly be out there doing a far better job.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert

What is this bizarre attitude some people have that they think their thoughts or opinions are in any way relevant to someone's life choices? He doesn't know you exist, he'll do what is best for him, as all of us here would.
Why makes you think Dan think his thoughts or opinions are relevant for Ronaldo? He is allowed to voice them without thinking Ronaldo cares.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Nobody cares what anybody says really - it's a forum.

pacifictheme

Or maybe those reports that he's unhappy because his wages were lowered are more accurate.
It seems like no club that is in the CL really wants him so if he's going to play somewhere else why not make tons of money?

I don't really care to be fair. I think we will be much more fluid without him and maybe the dressing room will be happier as well.
Yeah I agree. Him leaving for suadi Arabia (or anywhere really) will probably help us in the long term.

I really doubt the Saudi links are true though

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
For 30 million I’ll carry Ronnie on my back all the way to Saudi Arabia, the rich bastards.

Weird that we’re not announcing Eriksen yet.

TheReligion

Abusive
Can imagine Edwin telling Arnold and Murtough not to come back for any more players, whilst they're sat at the other side of the table sniggering and telling him they'll try not to.

2 days later the phone in Amsterdam rings..."can we just discuss Antony....I promise this is the last one Edwin"
i hope you’re right about Antony coming to United!

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.

Hey man, some details are sorted but other details are not sorted. It's as clear as mud ffs ;)

TsuWave

So, one of, if not the, richest sportsman in the world who came back to the club where he made his name, will move on after one year citing lack of CL football to.....................Saudi Arabia.
Being the richest sportsman or whatever doesn’t translate to not wanting to make more money. At 37, after two decades of playing at the highest level, and being the best at it, “respect” should be the last thing on his mind. Guy has a big family too.

Passing up on €250M for two seasons would be insane

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mental! He has a big family, needs another 1/4 billion!

Status
Not open for further replies.