Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedChisel

This is the perpetual transfer for the ages. I swear I'm stuck in a time warp. Same tweets and comments every day for the last thousand years.

Reactions: Fortitude

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Didnt he say the exact same thing yesterday?and the day before?
No, the news of the full agreement on the fee is new (Unless you ignore Oriol Domenech's news the other day, which everyone seems to have done)

stw2022

Didnt he say the exact same thing yesterday?and the day before?
Tomorrow:

‘United confident personal terms can be agreed. Player reluctant to leave Barcelona but indications are he’s resigned to fact. Believe he will be made highest paid player at club’

I’ve just made that up, said nothing but speculation that cannot be challenged and I’ll now get 400k followers…presumably?

Jezpeza

Theres surely an accounting trick Barca could do if the reports are true - like they knock 14 mil off the purchase price which we then make his signing on bonus and they write off their wage liabilities or something? Why is this taking so long

lysglimt

Scout
Christ the constant bitching and negativity,even when good news is reported, is making this forum unbearable
It's not bitching - the reporters are making it sound like "we have agreed with Barcelona - the big issue has been solved" - whereas everyone who has been mildly interested the last 3 weeks understand that the problem would never be getting along with Barcelona - it's persuading FDJ to leave.

Dr. StrangeHate

It's not bitching - the reporters are making it sound like "we have agreed with Barcelona - the big issue has been solved" - whereas everyone who has been mildly interested the last 3 weeks understand that the problem would never be getting along with Barcelona - it's persuading FDJ to leave.
I think the problem is deferred wages. FDJ knows his time at Barcelona is done.

Lynty

I reckon he'll work out a payment plan with Barcelona for around 2M a year for 9 years or something.
This is what Barca are likely trying to do.

But why should he. He's been pushed out despite defering his wages for them. I'd want payment in full before leaving and i'd drag my feet on the way out the door just to spite them (they still can't register all the players they're announcing).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Source:
Cristiano Ronaldo is NO longer an option for Chelsea.
  • We confirm what was advanced, Tuchel has not given the OK to that operation.
  • The Blues have other priorities
  • There is a staggering offer from [Saudi] Arabia, but the player wants to stay in Europe.
  • Bayern remains a possibility, but they give no concrete signals.
  • Manchester United are sticking to their position: they want to keep him until the end of his contract in a year's time.

SER19

Is it me or was there not talk that we'd already agreed a 55m plus add ons deal for de jong? Quite a jump in price

Status
Not open for further replies.