Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4YON

@mazhar13 Have you seen the latest from Reshad Rahman on FDJ? Source isn't known to me and no tweets from him either. Radio appearance up to you if it can be posted.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
@mazhar13 Have you seen the latest from Reshad Rahman on FDJ? Source isn't known to me and no tweets from him either. Radio appearance up to you if it can be posted.
I'm right on it.

Thanks to @Berbaclass in the Frenkie de Jong thread:

Exhibit A:
Alarm due to the delicate economic situation of the club
  • Frenkie's departure is a financial necessity.
  • Barcelona cannot register Sergi Roberto, Kessié, and Christensen without selling him.
    • €42m saved on the payroll if Frenkie leaves.
  • Frenkie leaving will be a significant sporting loss but not disastrous.
    • Gavi and other young players can make up for it.
  • Even if Frenkie is sold, both Dembélé and Raphinha's registrations will have to wait.

Exhibit B:
Barça leaders have been negotiating with Manchester United in recent days to transfer Frenkie de Jong
Same info as the prior Tweet & article except for the following additional info: 20-25 million more Euros will be needed to register both Dembélé and Raphinha.

I haven't found any references to that Ferran Correas quote, but feel free to post it. I'd trust Reshad Rehman to reliably translate those quotes.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The briefing has commenced! Thanks to @Berbaclass in the Frenkie thread:

Barça's position is clear, along the lines of what we explained earlier about Frenkie de Jong. They need him to leave at wage level to be able to sign Sergi Roberto, Kessie and Christensen. That's assuming that the second lever of TV rights will be activated.

Barça are confident that they will be able to close the deal in a matter of days because United are in a hurry. And also because they consider that this offer is one of those that cannot be refused. Of course, the player has the last word.

Frenkie also knows that, on a sporting level, there are two fixed players in the middle, Busquets and Pedri, and that the other position will have to be disputed between him, Gavi, Kessie and Nico. I insist, this is what he has been told and with these conditions he must decide.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Am I missing something here? If they want de Jong to leave so badly, why don't they just pay him what he is owed so he can get out of Dodge? It's not like £17m is a ridiculous amount of money and they have their economic levers?

lysglimt

Scout
Please help me - when was the last time a transfer-saga was as bizarre as this one ? I would almost find it amusing if it didn't involve us :)

M4YON

Ah, so that is recent info. I always thought that it was old news that was being brought up again. Also, unsurprisingly, Frenkie's agent is passing over different info to both clubs.
I think it's previously been reported that ETH has spoken many times to De Jong on the phone so the agent has an agenda here most likely with the view of securing his deferred wages.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think it's previously been reported that ETH has spoken many times to De Jong on the phone so the agent has an agenda here most likely with the view of securing his deferred wages.
Yeah, exactly. Let's see how this evolves over the next few days. I'm thinking United are only confident because of Frenkie's agents more so than the player himself, though maybe ten Hag did get some more confidence from his direct contacts with de Jong.

diarm

Definition of anchoring. Only believing in statements that confirm your already established view.
It's understandable in this case.

You either choose to believe that reports of the players having zero intention of leaving or joining United are bollocks, or you accept that our new coach and boardroom team are complete and utter morons.

Cecc

United is pathetic at transfer dealings unfortunately. 85mln are crazy money for de Jong especially when Barcelona are desperate to sell. Not to mention Martinez transfer 50 mln. for defender playing in Eridivisie, ... shocking. Arnold has to go, I think he negotiate the player wages also, we burn money like no one else. Seems like lesson not learned and nothing has changed at Man Utd.
We can just hope ETH perform some kind of miracle with the team.

Von Mistelroum

Am I missing something here? If they want de Jong to leave so badly, why don't they just pay him what he is owed so he can get out of Dodge? It's not like £17m is a ridiculous amount of money and they have their economic levers?
Because he's literally begging to stay and refusing to leave by all accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.