Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Is it me or was there not talk that we'd already agreed a 55m plus add ons deal for de jong? Quite a jump in price
65m Euros for FDJ was the 'base fee' (£56m). We've now just agreed the whole package

Remember the geese

Is it me or was there not talk that we'd already agreed a 55m plus add ons deal for de jong? Quite a jump in price
Yeah we are now paying more up front, but with less add ons. Same total fee. The hope is that by putting more down up front, it will go some way to solving De Jong's deferred wage issue. That is speculation though.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
How can they still be an option? Didn't their CEO literally say on camera that he doesn't fit in with their philosophy or was that posturing?

SER19

Yeah we are now paying more up front, but with less add ons. Same total fee. The hope is that by putting more down up front, it will go some way to solving De Jong's deferred wage issue. That is speculation though.
Ah. Makes sense

Fox outside the box

Theres surely an accounting trick Barca could do if the reports are true - like they knock 14 mil off the purchase price which we then make his signing on bonus and they write off their wage liabilities or something? Why is this taking so long
Probably because it is more complicated than you're aware.

If it was something so easy that a completely inexperienced, incompetent forum user could instantly come up with the solution on a Thursday afternoon then I'm sure it would have been done.

Same mentality that sees a group of people sitting around in a call centre in mimumum wage, yet they'll insist they know how to run the country, a football club, the business they are in etc and how utterly incompetent all of the people in charge of each thing are.

They are too ignorant to have considered even a fraction of the issues that go on and lack the self awareness to accept that they might be wrong.

Dumbest person in the room always thinks they are the smartest...

Jezpeza

Probably because it is more complicated than you're aware.

If it was something so easy that a completely inexperienced, incompetent forum user could instantly come up with the solution on a Thursday afternoon then I'm sure it would have been done.

Same mentality that sees a group of people sitting around in a call centre in mimumum wage, yet they'll insist they know how to run the country, a football club, the business they are in etc and how utterly incompetent all of the people in charge of each thing are.

They are too ignorant to have considered even a fraction of the issues that go on and lack the self awareness to accept that they might be wrong.

Dumbest person in the room always thinks they are the smartest...
ahh, the sterotypical internet cnut who is the authority in everything that ever existed replies to someone making a general point that there is surely a way of problem solving an issue with a bitter non answer. This forum is getting better as i slowly block the bitter timewasters though so thanks for that reply it aids my content filter.

captaincantona

No team with CL aspirations would take him. It’s very clear what he brings to a team but he also has limitations which would hinder any top top side. I for one hope he does leave as he certainly won’t be happy on the bench for a team he wanted to leave due to their inability to win things. We don’t need the drama.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thanks to @Rolaholic in the Frenkie de Jong thread:

Source:
Barça have already told De Jong that it is best for him to leave. The club needs to generate 'fair play' to be able to sign other players and the Dutchman's salary is considered too high. United are squeezing, with an offer of 70M fixed plus variables. Now it's up to Frenkie.
Barça have told Frenkie de Jong that they need him to leave in the summer transfer window.

The reason is that the club needs [to meet] 'fair play' [requirements] and the Dutchman's departure to United would add between 30 and 35 million [Euros] to the wage bill.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
:lol: You're not the first person to think he's a radom guy named Mo but he's apart of Di Marzios team
He's one I've seen that mufcmpb scammer promoting so I naturally assumed he was BS.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I've gone back over two weeks so far and found NONE. All Di Marzio info bar him requesting credit if people use his player edited images.
Even then, that Pau Torres Tweet, whilst completely out of the blue, has also been reported by Rob Dawson. He's no Santi Aouna, who, lest we forget, linked Ramón Planes to Manchester United for a football director role.

M4YON

I was wondering the same thing.
There was indeed but Add ons structure hadn't been agreed and was complicated. We've agreed to pay more up front but less in add ons and so the price remains the same, €85 million (75+10 ) now with zero issues.

M4YON

Pretty much any talk of a new backup keeper at United has gone quiet.
Would appear ETH is happy with what he's seen so far from De Gea/Heaton but there's many weeks still to go lets see if he feels the same at the end of our pre season.

Status
Not open for further replies.