Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Thinker

FDJ isn't a bank, he's an employee who has a contract, there would be no need for him to offer a multi billion valued company a 17m loan.

It wouldn't make any sense for him either unless he attaches an applicable interest rate as money today is worth more than money tomorrow and considering inflation is crazy right now, that coupled with Barcas seemingly precarious position and the lack of ability to take on more loans, 10-15% interest wouldn't be crazy to suggest.

So that would be between £51.7m - £72.7m over 30 years (mortgage comparison you made) from a £17m loan - even then FDJ would be stupid to offer a business thats selling off their future revenue for short term gain a loan.

He's on a legal higher ground, he extended enough goodwill to his employer by differing his wages in the first place, and if the law were to get involved he'd have an easy win with the evidence of Barca splashing the cash on new signing.

If you owned a business and had a clear paper trail of buying expensive homes, cars and holidays yet consistently failed to pay your debt you'd be rightfully thrown in jail (well, a normal joe would declare bankruptcy, but Barca obviously wouldn't do that).
That’s the right logic. The moment he intimates in public that “he wants to leave”, i.e a transfer request, he damages his legal ground as the “goodwill” argument is made shaky. Barca must pay him. If they do and manage to reduce his wages it’d be a miracle.

ClassOf'99

Unless Ducker is meaning only CBs then he's our 3rd most expensive defender behind Maguire & AWB.

I will leave my judgement until he's played 50 games before I comment on the price.

Rio is our 6th most expensive defender behind Lindelof, Bailly, Varane, AWB and Maguire.

But Rio now would be worth Maguire/Van Dijk prices, so until I see what Martinez is capable of I won't be counting pennies.

Nick7

Unless Ducker is meaning only CBs then he's our 3rd most expensive defender behind Maguire & AWB.

I will leave my judgement until he's played 50 games before I comment on the price.

Rio is our 6th most expensive defender behind Lindelof, Bailly, Varane, AWB and Maguire.

But Rio now would be worth Maguire/Van Dijk prices, so until I see what Martinez is capable of I won't be counting pennies.
AWB was £50m, no? That means Lisandro is more expensive

Dante

Average bang
Martinez qualifies for a Work Permit automatically.

The criterion is:
The applicant must have participated in a minimum set percentage of their home country’s senior competitive international matches during the two years (or one year if under 21) preceding the date of application. The percentage is based upon the following:
  • International Team Ranked 1-10, must have appeared in 30% of matches;
  • International Team Ranked 11-20, must have appeared in 45% of matches;
  • International Team Ranked 21-30, must have appeared in 60% of matches; and
  • International Team Tanked 31-50, must have appeared in 75% of matches
In the last 2 years, Argentina have had 25 games with Lisandro being fit for 23 and being selected for 14 of them. That's 61%. And Argentina are FIFA ranked 3rd in the world.

It's a formality.

NewYorkRed

He’s their POTY. Can play multiple positions. How exactly did we get fleeced? Its not that high a fee in today’s world.

Godfather

Don't care about the cost but can't really get excited about this either. Get FdJ over the line and give us another forward. The most important positions we needed to strengthen have not yet been addressed.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

My spidey senses are tingling here, and they're saying they sense a free transfer to Barca.

Doubt any club will be paying £30m for him with a year left on his contract.

SER19

45m up front is about right these days. Nathan Collins just went for 25m, van dijk cost 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.