g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Thanks to @RkkMan in the Frenkie de Jong thread:

Source:

Too many people are making a big deal out of this, though. We've known for a long time that Frenkie prefers a CL club, so this shouldn't come as a surprise. However, the only substantial bit of info here is that Chelsea's currently monitoring de Jong's situation. There's no mention of the player preferring London specifically for whatever reason, only that he prefers a CL club, which implies that he'd prefer Chelsea over United. Chelsea, however, won't make a move for him until we pull out of the deal similar to how they handled the Cucurella situation. Chelsea's problem is that United have already agreed on a deal with Barcelona, so we're further ahead than City in that regard.
Been saying it for weeks the cnut has been stringing Ten Hag along.

Lee565

If its not about the deferred wages don't you think he would of told Ten Hag if he had no interest in coming here?
I think ten hag is hoping de Jong is left with no choice but us seeing as we are the only ones willing to give crazy wages and pay the asking fee as we know barca are trying to force him out

Dazzmondo

Had been waiting on this link for ages. Just seems so logical. Wouldn't be surprised to see this happen with Laird going on loan and AWB clearly not liked by ETH and probably going to be sold

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Had been waiting on this link for ages. Just seems so logical. Wouldn't be surprised to see this happen with Laird going on loan and AWB clearly not liked by ETH and probably going to be sold
Yeah, that'll do. As well if it facilitates a smoother FDJ wrap-up.

Hoof the ball

United purchasing Dest as a means of filling a position and "paying" for portions of Frenkie's deference by means of a separate transfer.

Giggsyking

FFS, he is mediocre or even worse.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think the De Jong saga has taught us Sport is a shit source. Would Dest be worth considering for that price though?

Dazzmondo

Thanks to @Berbaclass in the Frenkie de Jong thread:

Key point:
Never once remember seeing Renato Sanches play as an anchor. Sounds like bs to me. Thought Sanches was all but confirmed as a PSG player? Never been much of a fan of Neves. Wouldn't suprise me if he is our backup since we've clearly had some amount of interest in him for years. For me he's always been a good player but not at the level of a top 4 midfielder.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Yet again, an aggregator posts misleading information. What makes this even worse is that they aren't the only one; the Barcelona aggregators are also doing the same thing.
Dest has a new Premier League suitor

The possible signing of Azpilicueta would put the American full-back in a complicated situation.
From the original article:
Por el momento, el Manchester United ya se ha interesado por la situación del lateral blaugrana y estaría en disposición de pagar traspaso para hacerse con sus servicios. El Barça quiere un mínimo de 20 millones de euros para cerrar una venta que iría muy bien a las arcas de la entidad.
Translation via DeepL.com:
At the moment, Manchester United are already interested in the Blaugrana full-back's situation and would be willing to pay a transfer fee for his services. Barça want a minimum of 20 million Euros to close a sale that would be very good for the club's coffers.
Nowhere does it say that United are willing to pay €20m for the player. The article also states that Dest might be tempted to join United, but that's the author's conjecture rather than info from a source.

Beyond all of this, Miguelsanz isn't even a reliable Sport reporter, so I wouldn't put much stock into this news.

RU Devil

Yeah, that'll do. As well if it facilitates a smoother FDJ wrap-up.
United purchasing Dest as a means of filling a position and "paying" for portions of Frenkie's deference by means of a separate transfer.
Figured this could be an option to not only strengthen a position but also sweeten the pot for Barca. He was linked previously & he's Ajax trained. So it could be a decision for Barca to make to get rid of another player vs getting 2 Chelsea players in cheaper in a swap-type deal.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Never once remember seeing Renato Sanches play as an anchor. Sounds like bs to me. Thought Sanches was all but confirmed as a PSG player? Never been much of a fan of Neves. Wouldn't suprise me if he is our backup since we've clearly had some amount of interest in him for years. For me he's always been a good player but not at the level of a top 4 midfielder.
He never did, but on that note, Schöne never played as a deeper central midfielder before ten Hag converted him (same goes for Tadic and his false 9 role). Sanches can play similarly to de Jong in ten Hag's 4-2-3-1, which is probably what he's building towards. In that case, Sanches would be playing in a more familiar role as he's mainly played in a midfield 2 for Lille in the past couple of seasons. I don't expect ten Hag to play a 4-3-3 with Sanches in there for now, though, and that goes for de Jong, too.

Acquire Me

I did like Dest before he just vanished from the scene. Also it do look a bit like a business deal to get FdJ done. Either way it’s a weak position and it would make some sense in that regard.

AlexUTD

Not by a long stretch
He is one of them.

Glad you've seen sense.
Yes sir.

I’d say Pogba is marginally worse than Sanchez.

Sanchez was an expensive mistake which we somewhat managed to resolve 18 months later. Furthermore the reason Sanchez was on £400k was primarily due to us paying Pogba over £325k or whatever for his contract on his return. Again, Pogba’s contract lifted the ceiling on all other earners at the club, for which we’re still suffering.
Yeah Mr 2 times free transfer was not a success at all!

Everyone’s on high wages. Woodward’s legacy.
Truth.

Iam pretty sure Martial , Degea contract extension was after siging Sanchez. And there were reports players were unhappy how low they were payed compared to Sanchez.
Only Pogba’ transfer is close to Sanchez but atleast Pogba played few games well for us. Sanchez has to be the worst.
To be fair their contracts were running out so could hold out for a bigger wage or go for free and Woodward handed it to them.

redcucumber

Having to loan a player that should be in his prime (regardless of level of talent) at the age of 29 says it all about how this club was being run under Woodward/Judge. What a fecking shitshow.

Status
Not open for further replies.