Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Having to loan a player that should be in his prime (regardless of level of talent) at the age of 29 says it all about how this club was being run under Woodward/Judge. What a fecking shitshow.
What do you think of Lukaku going on loan? And Batshuayi and Bakayoko and the rest…

Hackman2210

Alex Telles. So assuming they take his wages on - how much do we save etc £6million? Plus a transfer next season - £12million - so £18mil in the coffers...........are my maths correct?

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
What do you think of Lukaku going on loan? And Batshuayi and Bakayoko and the rest…
He won’t reply, our fans seem to think only we suffer from things like this. Chelsea are the worst at it. They had players like Piazon, Van Ginkel, Bakayoko, Mitchu, Delac, Sarr and many more they couldn’t shift but had to keep loaning out.

Dazzmondo

Oh shit. Clearly didn't give his consent then. Have to say I did think they had probably agreed they could leave early in advance. Ronaldo leaving is really shitty then but wtf was Dalot doing? Didn't he leave early too? ETH has clearly favoured him so far.

TheReligion

Abusive
That Chelsea are also badly run (though not as bad)? I don't get the relevance.
The relevance is you make out United are the worst club in the world bar none.

Chelsea are badly run. The fact they have had to loan out their £100m forward highlights that along with the signings of Kepa at £70m, Werner £50m and Ziyech £30m whom they are also trying to loan or sell.

sparx99

Having to loan a player that should be in his prime (regardless of level of talent) at the age of 29 says it all about how this club was being run under Woodward/Judge. What a fecking shitshow.
Its not uncommon is it. A lot of clubs are still hurting financially from the pandemic. Just look around Europe at loans for Saul, Morata, Griezmann etc etc.

That being said Sevilla have brought in a decent fee for Kounde so why they couldn’t find €10m to buy Telles I don’t know.

Dazzmondo

Chelsea are badly run. The fact they have had to loan out their £100m forward highlights that along with the signings of Kepa at £70m, Werner £50m and Ziyech £30m whom they are also trying to loan or sell.
Chelsea have still won a Champions League within the last 2 years and have won a PL more recently than we have, so even if you want to say they are poorly run, they are clearly still better run than us (or at least they were under Abramovic, it remains to be seen what Boehly will be like)

redcucumber

I didn't say that at all ye wally. I literally just said we are a shitshow and were badly run under Woodward/Judge. Is any of that wrong? Does any of that suggest we are the worst run club bar none? You come across as a bit touchy.

And besides, are we not the worst run big club in England (that doesn't mean other clubs can't also be badly run before you say ote)? What do we have to show for our £1bn spend over the past 10 years? In the same time Chelsea have league titles and a CL. Hell, Werner and Ziyech each have a CL medal at Chelsea. Us being a circus doesn't Chelsea aren't also a bit shoddy and I didn't say anything contrary to that.

Last edited:

redcucumber

He won’t reply, our fans seem to think only we suffer from things like this. Chelsea are the worst at it. They had players like Piazon, Van Ginkel, Bakayoko, Mitchu, Delac, Sarr and many more they couldn’t shift but had to keep loaning out.
Er, not quite :lol: Check above.

James35

Tbf came out of nowhere. How could we ever have realised or prepared for this in advance?
I reckon they should create this period of time when clubs are allowed to add to their squads to make sure they are prepared for the season to come.

Maybe one day.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Its not uncommon is it. A lot of clubs are still hurting financially from the pandemic. Just look around Europe at loans for Saul, Morata, Griezmann etc etc.

That being said Sevilla have brought in a decent fee for Kounde so why they couldn’t find €10m to buy Telles I don’t know.
€10M for Telles?!

Then you'd call the club inept for accepting such a low fee for him!

MUFC OK

We've spent £50m.. why do we need sales for further additions??

Loony BoB

We've spent £50m.. why do we need sales for further additions??
Given that there are reports we're after up to four additional players, I think it's perfectly reasonable to want to get some fees and remove the players who we don't see having a future with the club.

MUFC OK

De Jong added to that is our budget. The worrying thing for me is Telles and Henderson should be two of our most sellable so the fact we’ve only loaned both out makes me wonder who the feck they think they can sell.
Only way that would make sense. There was talk of £120m.

redcucumber

Come on, our issues with shedding deadwood started long before COVID. Are we seriously letting the club off the hook because of COVID?! It's been a major issue since Fergie and Gill left. We are hamstrung by the wages most of them are on thanks to the legacy of Woodward, but the likes of Lingard, Bailly, Brandon Williams, Phil Jones etc should have been straightforward departures.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Given that there are reports we're after up to four additional players, I think it's perfectly reasonable to want to get some fees and remove the players who we don't see having a future with the club.
and everyone we've been linked to are 40m+

Alemar

Why don’t we then aggressively push deadwood out the door? There haven’t been a single official or unofficial info piece about Jones or Tuanzebe or anyone else needing to leave the club - the question is why?

Loony BoB

Why don’t we then aggressively push deadwood out the door? There haven’t been a single official or unofficial info piece about Jones or Tuanzebe or anyone else needing to leave the club - the question is why?
No idea. Says there in the latest tweet that they're hopeful they'll do that, so it looks like they are at least wanting to take action to resolve such things? Wish I could tell ya.

AndySmith1990

No one will ever buy Jones for obvious reasons. He'll be released when his contract expires

Dazzmondo

€10M for Telles?!

Then you'd call the club inept for accepting such a low fee for him!
I'd be delighted with €10m for Telles. How exactly is a loan without a buy fee included where we are still paying a percentage of his wages a better deal for us than €10m and getting him permanently off our wage bill?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

People laughed at this tweet.
We’ve agreed a large fee for De Jong taking us well over that number - whether we sign him or not the money is there. It was laughable then and remains the same today.

MUFC OK

People laughed at this tweet.
I know which I'd believe, the one where the Glazers save cash.

We’ve agreed a large fee for De Jong taking us well over that number - whether we sign him or not the money is there. It was laughable then and remains the same today.
I think "we were in for De Jong" but that we wouldn't go for a lesser alterative suits the narrative that there was cash available. When in reality it may not have been. We are being gaslit by these owners.

TheReligion

Abusive
Chelsea have still won a Champions League within the last 2 years and have won a PL more recently than we have, so even if you want to say they are poorly run, they are clearly still better run than us (or at least they were under Abramovic, it remains to be seen what Boehly will be like)
Yes they have been able to absorb the mess they have made due to Roman Abramovich. That’s the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.