Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

I think this is the hardest I've seen the press go in at us.

I wonder what it'll do to the fans reading it... People are easily influenced.
And I wonder what the likes of Murtough, the owners etc will make of this.

I actually think all these reports could be quite defining when it comes to really disgruntling the fans
Deserve everything being thrown at us

Banat

twitter/social media outrage? Do they even check in on that when getting transfers over the line? And if so, and they change targets becaus if it…I’m not sure that’s worse or better
I already said both ETH and Rangnick were recruited because people in charge jumped on the bandwagon following trending/positive posts on IG and twitter by our fans, and not because that bullshitter Arnold have held some serious talks with them and had a plan, as we were led to believe.
It might sound crazy but I really believe in this theory, especially after we scrapped Rangnick and after this summer transfer fiasco.

roseguy64

I already said both ETH and Rangnick were recruited because people in charge jumped on the bandwagon following trending/positive posts on IG and twitter by our fans, and not because that bullshitter Arnold have held some serious talks with them and had a plan, as we were led to believe.
It might sound crazy but I really believe in this theory, especially after we scrapped Rangnick and after this summer transfer fiasco.
Arnold wasn't involved in hiring them. It was Fletcher and Murtough.

Who told you that Richard Arnold was instrumental in those two appointments?

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

No one told him. Fans are inventing shite in their heads and then get angry about it.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

From the Spanish media:
Chup, chup.

De Jong wants to continue [with Barcelona], yes, but....

De Jong wants to stay, yes, but admits in the dressing room that Chelsea would be good option

A statement that coincides with the information published by MD which specified that De Jong would only contemplate a move to Chelsea or Bayern.
Summarised, partial translation:

Frenkie's also open to joining Bayern Munich.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Chelsea's new owner Tod Boehly personally called Frenkie de Jong several days ago.

The Dutchman listened and reiterated his desire to honour his contract with Barça.

Despite the no, Chelsea are still trying.
Translation:

peridigm

Rabiot has been fined for lateness. Hmmm, he might never play for us then.

Banat

I wanted to write Murtough as he held the talks, but nevertheless, both Rangnick and Ten Hag landed their jobs after they 'Deeply impressed the highest hierarchy with their long-term vision'.
I really doubt Fletcher, with his PR technical director role, who's still putting cones on training and his role is quite confusing, had any say in it.
Arnold and Murthough are pulling all the strings in this football club.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think what we can take from all this is that when the player stays silent, journos will take any information they can get, regardless of what it is and turn it into a story
I wouldn't dismiss what Ferran Martinez has reported. If he's reporting that Frenkie's told his teammates about his unwillingness to join us, then that's a big indicator as to why we're chasing Rabiot right now.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I wouldn't dismiss what Ferran Martinez has reported. If he's reporting that Frenkie's told his teammates about his unwillingness to join us, then that's a big indicator as to why we're chasing Rabiot right now.
I understand that, but unless it can be verified, then it could be a case of "a person who knows a person who plays with de Jong has said". I know that's unlikely, but unless it's coming from the player or his camp themselves, it's very hard to believe everything thats written.

I'd say the same even if it said United were his preferred destination. Unless it's from the player or his camp, i tend not to believe it.

Ornstein said the player has no preference if he was to leave. Who's telling the truth? Theres just so much going round, i have no idea whats true and whats not anymore. Plus this isn't the first time he's "told his team mates he doesn't want to leave, but if he does, he doesn't want to go to United". It was printed whilst they were on tour weeks ago if i remember correctly. We could have gone for Rabiot then, i just find it odd how we go for Rabiot now after ten Hag saw how bad the midfield was yesterday. I'm probably wrong, i just don't know

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Can you really blame FDJ for not wanting to join this shambles of a club? If we take our United tinted specs off....you'd have to be a lunatic to swap the CL and Barcelona for United right now.

If he leaves he will join a CL club.

ThanksBoss26

Can you really blame FDJ for not wanting to join this shambles of a club? If we take our United tinted specs off....you'd have to be a lunatic to swap the CL and Barcelona for United right now.

If he leaves he will join a CL club.
Absolutely not at the moment. Sad but true.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Last season after Abrahimovic stepped down I thought to myself that finally we were getting a break and finally other teams were suffering the fate of their owners. But here we are, with the same shitty owners, with the same shitty strategy, while teams like Chelsea got a shiny new owner that's is buying stuffs that they don't even need. fecking Glazers, I hate them so much.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This saga is just crazy level embarrassing even for United. People can continue to blindly believe but in reality there is not a single source that has mentioned that FDJ has any interest in joining United. WTF is wrong with people at the top of this club. Why would you waste months over this

AndySmith1990

Last season after Abrahimovic stepped down I thought to myself that finally we were getting a break and finally other teams were suffering the fate of their owners. But here we are, with the same shitty owners, with the same shitty strategy, while teams like Chelsea got a shiny new owner that's is buying stuffs that they don't even need. fecking Glazers, I hate them so much.
Nothing to do with the Glazers this time. We agreed a fee for a player who has no interest in joining. It's Murtough and Ten Hag to blame for the pointless pursuit

Matt851

Nothing to do with the Glazers this time. We agreed a fee for a player who has no interest in joining. It's Murtough and Ten Hag to blame for the pointless pursuit
We can blame the for having murtough as our dof in the first place. Competent owners would have hired someone competent

Uniquim

Frenkie joining Chelsea after we spent all summer pursuing would be a huge L for us.
Seems quite a few players have been uninterested in joining this summer.

lysglimt

Scout
Arnautovic 33 years old what is his injury record like and will he spend 50% or more of his contract on the treatment table?
It was very good when he was in the P.L (6 seasons) - never played less than 28 games in a season - and those 10 matches he missed were probably suspensions :)

Jack-C20

The rumours over the last couple of days have to be some bizarre smoke screen surely? I’m finding it hard to believe that we’ve spent all summer chasing someone without having any back up plan. Either that or this is the back up plan and Ten Hag is an absolute genius who’ll get these players playing great football.

It’s probably the first option isn’t it :( This is testing even the strongest muppets.

Hal9000

The rumours over the last couple of days have to be some bizarre smoke screen surely? I’m finding it hard to believe that we’ve spent all summer chasing someone without having any back up plan. Either that or this is the back up plan and Ten Hag is an absolute genius who’ll get these players playing great football.

It’s probably the first option isn’t it :( This is testing even the strongest muppets.
One of the English journos said we have loads of deals in principles lined up in case we can't get De Jong, but given the links, it just seems like our backup plan is get anyone half decent that's going for cheap hence the Rabiot, Ruiz, Rodriquez links... All quite cheap and stop gap solutions.

Zoo

This is all giving me Arsenal in late summer 2011 vibes.

Matt851

The man who was the Ex-Premier League head of elite performance, is “incompetent”. Ok.
I think it's pretty well established by now that you are either related to him or part of the clubs pr team so won't bother debating with you

Lee565

The club couldn't even play it subtle with being in panic mode, it is way too convenient that 1 day after terrible opening day loss we start chasing two players that have a history of falling out with managers/clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.