Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I think it's pretty well established by now that you are either related to him or part of the clubs pr team so won't bother debating with you
You don’t seem to want to reason with why he’s good enough & seem pretty set in your ways anyway

Spark

Translation: we are going to rinse United haha
:lol: Literally going to beg and sign him for £20m or something dumb.

We make any club look like master negotiators. We have truly been lumbered with the worst yanks ever. Richer and therefore more entrenched than Gillette et al. at Pool, poorer whilst also giving zero fecks compared with Boehly at Chelsea. Even silent Stan at Arsenal managed to be less shit.

This is one of Dantes circles of hell isn’t it. Endless years of awful signings and getting battered by everyone but still coming 6th.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thanks to both @Chief123 and @UnitedSofa in the Frenkie de Jong thread:

Source:

Overall summary:
So according to Mitten on that podcast;

- Barca are definitely pushing him out.
- Barca fans don't want to see him go but would accept the financial reasons causing it.
- Frenkie has told two different people that he would prefer Chelsea but would come to us if that wasn't an option.
- Chelsea have NOT bid for him.
- United reps have been in Barcelona A LOT and he's surprised they haven't been spotted more than the once.
- Barca are happy with United's attitude during this whole thing.
- Frenkie may have smiled and waved during the last game to the Barca fans when he scored but his demeanor wasn't great when Xavi addressed the crowd before the match (arms crossed, cheeks puffed out etc whilst the rest of the players behind Xavi smiled and waved).
- He's now more confident that he'll join United.

led_scholes

So I guess FDJ was number one, Neves probably number 2 target. Wonder what target number is the Argentinian fella, and I m really curious to see what number is Drinkwater.

fezzerUTD

4 players since we lost to brighton now, feck this is embarrassing, just to please a tend on social media feck me. Proper propaganda. Makes it worse apart from sms they are all dog turd.

Alemar

The club is ran by stupid people
Yes, but how on Earth can ETH himself want Arnautovic? That’s what is the most frustrating (if true) - there were hopes of ETH aiming for really good players

Loony BoB

Yes, but how on Earth can ETH himself want Arnautovic? That’s what is the most frustrating (if true) - there were hopes of ETH aiming for really good players
Agreed that this is the real unfathomable move. I am hoping that based on the feedback from the entire fecking globe that this will be swept under a rug extremely swiftly by all involved.

With the scattergun approach seemingly being taken at the moment, though, I wouldn't be surprised if they're just asking around generally and seeing who bites and then feeding back to ETH afterwards saying "Look, mate, we tried long enough, it didn't work out. Here's what we can actually do. What do you want us to do? Nothing? Or sign one?"

Loony BoB

It makes no sense. So if Chelsea is an option he wants to go there. But he is confident he will join us?
If he felt there was an 80% chance Chelsea is an option last week, and feels there's a 60% chance Chelsea is an option this week, that means he is more optimistic than last week about our chances based on those two pieces of information. It makes sense.

Also, I don't know if "confident he'll join us" is the correct takeaway from "more optimistic than before".

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It makes no sense. So if Chelsea is an option he wants to go there. But he is confident he will join us?
It's because we've not backed out of the deal yet. If Chelsea don't make a push for de Jong and get into a full agreement with Barcelona, then he'll choose us instead.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Savic, Rabbiot , maybe De Jong and a few interesting youth players breaking though, yep McTom is out of the door.

roseguy64

The club couldn't even play it subtle with being in panic mode, it is way too convenient that 1 day after terrible opening day loss we start chasing two players that have a history of falling out with managers/clubs.
The Arnautovic news came out before the match. Additionally, Andy Mitten got told of the potential deal a week or two ago.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
No way do we sign all 3, one looks highly likely, slim possibility of two but that's it.
If we fail to land de Jong, we should just use all the funds left on the 'final year of contract' trio - Ruiz, Rabiot & Tielemans.

No out & out ball winner, but all 3 can pass & don't shy away from defensive duties.

Solve our midfield woes once & for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.