Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucky

Nkunku's not a striker. He can work very well with Werner and/or Sesko.
Both Guardiola and Klopp didn't have Haaland and Núñez last season, and they looked excellent without a classical striker, as did Ajax with Tadić under ten Hag in that role Erisken was playing yesterday. Nkunku could do the same.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
What? Did we just lose a transfer battle with Leipzig?

Or is this just a Red Bull internal deal wherein we didn't' stand a chance?
The latter. He was never for sale to other clubs unless they paid lots of money to bring him in. He was always destined to move to RB Leipzig.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The latter. He was never for sale to other clubs unless they paid lots of money to bring him in. He was always destined to move to RB Leipzig.
Makes sense. Shame really as he does look quite the talent. They must be confident of getting a monster fee for him in 2 years time. Wish we had another good alternate lined up instead of fecking Arnautivic

ChorltonReds

Can they be disastrous? They both seem like short term fixes to plug holes in the squad because we can’t make the long term signings we want to.

So instead we are making low cost squad filler signings so that we can pursue those long term targets next summer (when hopefully we’ve made progress).

Arnautovic in particular seems like a low cost option to offer backup to Ronaldo, Martial, Sancho and Rashford while allowing us to keep the funds for Antony & Sesko down the line. I’d rather that than buying some random ones their player for £30-40m and then not going back for the long term targets.

Liverpool waited on VVD remember.
I agree we should wait for the right players. But these aren't low cost and their wages will be especially high - and 3 year contracts doesn't suggest short-term fix. They are both (relatively) poor players and will definitely be classed as disastrous - in the same way it was obvious at the outset that Jones shouldn't get a new contract.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Both Guardiola and Klopp didn't have Haaland and Núñez last season, and they looked excellent without a classical striker, as did Ajax with Tadić under ten Hag in that role Erisken was playing yesterday. Nkunku could do the same.
For sure, I won't rule out his ability to play as a false 9. However, he hasn't played that role much in Leipzig, and he's often at his best when working off of a proper striker, similar to Sancho, Werner, Olmo, etc. It'd also help if we have a midfielder who can score goals regularly as well as defend and keep the ball reliably enough, which we basically don't have (Bruno might work but at a stretch).

Anyways, I don't want to go too far off track in this thread, so feel free to tag me in a more relevant thread to continue this discussion.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Makes sense. Shame really as he does look quite the talent. They must be confident of getting a monster fee for him in 2 years time. Wish we had another good alternate lined up instead of fecking Arnautivic
Off the top of my head, how about Moise Kean? Other than that, there aren't too many strikers around who are available and suitable under ten Hag's setup.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Is Arnautovic good enough to play 25-30 games for us? Jesus Christ he was average as feck for Stoke and West Ham and that was during what should have been his prime years (26-30). We're going for Arnautovic, a player banned for racism, at the ripe old age of 33. It's an absolute pisstake.
He was actually quite good last season.

Widow

I really don't like how the RB Group or the City Football Group can buy/sell players between themselves. It opens the doors to corruption/money laundering and a question around monopolising World football. They use the respective weaker sides almost like a feeder club for the larger ones.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Despite what Luckhurst, Sky Sports, and Di Marzio have reported:

Translation:

Not a great journalist, but still:

Godfather

Is Arnautovic good enough to play 25-30 games for us? Jesus Christ he was average as feck for Stoke and West Ham and that was during what should have been his prime years (26-30). We're going for Arnautovic, a player banned for racism, at the ripe old age of 33. It's an absolute pisstake.
He was pretty good for Stoke and decent for West Ham in an awful team. But yeah I get your point.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
What's this macho bs about his mum being his agent.

When it's the dad everything is okay. Half you lot would cower in fear if your moms found out what you've been typing on the Caf :nono:

sparx99

By all accounts we were willing to pay that double amount. He chose to go to Leipzig instead of us.
Every report has said there was a gap in valuations from us and Red Bull. It sounds like we’d have been willing to pay more than Leipzig but not €55m.

It’s also worth remembering they are keeping him at the club this season which may not have been something we were willing to do.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He was pretty good for Stoke and decent for West Ham in an awful team. But yeah I get your point.
He was also amazing for Bologna last season and their best player. Every game he'd play, he'd look like he could score a goal or two, and this was in a Bologna side that was both battling relegation for a good bit and playing with lots of young players.

Dannn411

Ten Hag is authorising them to go all out for Arnautovic? You have to be kidding me. Why does this sort of thing only happen to us? Why? Everytime we sign a manager with great rep he comes here and starts making baffling decisions.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Source:
Manchester United, between Rabiot and Guido Rodríguez.
The Frenchman from Juventus is the favourite due to his contract situation, but the Red Devils are also thinking about the Argentinian from Betis.
This is coming from AS, so I wouldn't really take the Guido link too seriously, especially since they're the only one reporting it at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.