Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I hope it’s not a loan deal for Bailly. Enough of this and get him out of the club if the manager doesn’t fancy or if he wants out
Loan + an obligation to buy under certain conditions (appearance-based) would work as well.

Alemar

. Either Casemiro thing is using us for a better contract or it may be real negotiations.
Casemiro is contracted for 3 more years, and Real has already purchased Tchouameni for 100m euro. What would motivate Perez to negotiate Contract improvement with Casemiro at this stage, considering he is 30 (and will be 33 when his current contract expires)?

Of course it is real transfer process this time.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Casemiro is contracted for 3 more years, and Real has already purchased Tchouameni for 100m euro. What would motivate Perez to negotiate Contract improvement with Casemiro at this stage, considering he is 30 (and will be 33 when his current contract expires)?

Of course it is real transfer process this time.
Yep, it's a bit of a no-brainer for Casemiro. Gets his salary doubled at 30, for the next five years and it's not like he's joining Anzhi Makhachkala.

OleGunnar20

While we'd all prefer another body in there, I could see:

Fred - Eriksen
Casemiro

Working quite well. Maybe mix Bruno in there somehow if he pulls himself together.

Alemar

De Jong is over. We aren't spending 120 million on two CMs.
Why? If we can persuade him to join, we will buy him (unless by that time someone else is already purchased instead). Of course Casemiro will help us avoid relegation, but we need much, much more to return to fighting for the top places

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why? If we can persuade him to join, we will buy him (unless by that time someone else is already purchased instead). Of course Casemiro will help us avoid relegation, but we need much, much more to return to fighting for the top places
I'll be impressed if that happens. Two midfielders for 120-140 million when we also need a RB and attackers? Wouldn't expect that.

Alemar

I'll be impressed if that happens. Two midfielders for 120-140 million when we also need a RB and attackers? Wouldn't expect that.
I would think, two midfielders for the quoted amount, + attacker, + right back, + goalkeeper, and that will be it.

Maybe also 5-8 sales/outgoing loans.

theklr

De Jong is over. We aren't spending 120 million on two CMs. Chelsea will probably get him which will suck.
Why not? Think we easily will put off the other positions if we could get them both. He’ll probably stay at Barca though

Alemar

So if Casemiro does happen, FDJ is dead right?
If Casemiro is signed, it can seriously boost de Jong motivation to join us. It’s more pleasant for him to think about a pivot with Casemiro, rather than with, God forbid, McTominay

iKnowNothing

If only we could get Casemiro and another midfielder- someone like SMS or someone not too expensive and get some reasonable/reliable forward, then it would’ve been a great window.

Red00012

If Casemiro is signed, it can seriously boost de Jong motivation to join us. It’s more pleasant for him to think about a pivot with Casemiro, rather than with, God forbid, McTominay
We’re not going to £150 million on 2 midfielders I can guarantee you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.