Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

We’re not going to £150 million on 2 midfielders I can guarantee you that.
With the reason being what exactly? Based on FFP criteria, we are clearly able to spend not less than some other big teams.

sparx99

Would have liked to have seen 2 CMs. Hopefully the forward and RB is somebody good.
Would be nice if Casemiro signing convinced FDJ to make the move too. I know it’s unlikely we do both but what an upgrade that would be.

Red00012

With the reason being what exactly? Based on FFP criteria, we are clearly able to spend not less than some other big teams.
We have a budget believe it or not. We are actively looking to buy a back up keeper , a RB a RM and a striker .

sparx99

In theory we did bid for Nunez so maybe Casemiro, De Jong, Pulisic on loan and a RB would be doable.

We’ve got tonnes of players to sell like Garner, Bailly, AWB, Chong, Tuanzebe etc that could bring in some cash.

It’s not entirely unthinkable.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
In theory we did bid for Nunez so maybe Casemiro, De Jong, Pulisic on loan and a RB would be doable.

We’ve got tonnes of players to sell like Garner, Bailly, AWB, Chong, Tuanzebe etc that could bring in some cash.

Not to mention over £1m off the wages

Alemar

Only Antony and FDJ along with Casemiro would save this window for Murtough and Arnold.

And even then I’d have serious reservations going forwards haha
No, if Murtough does all three of the above, we would need to give him a pass till the next transfer window at least. It will already be good upgrade (and even more so if he also manages to offload 5-8 players)

Ace_Ventura

I am glad Rabiot asked for those astronomical wages which made United chase Casemiro. On paper this looks like a great signing, hopefully he can deliver on the pitch as well.

Teja

If Casemiro is signed, it can seriously boost de Jong motivation to join us. It’s more pleasant for him to think about a pivot with Casemiro, rather than with, God forbid, McTominay
We have a budget believe it or not. We are actively looking to buy a back up keeper , a RB a RM and a striker .
This

We wanted Nunez for 40-50m but walked away because it was more like a 100m. Really don't think we'll get both Casemiro / FdJ. Has to be a Jan thing if it happens.

Swedish_Plumber

No, if Murtough does all three of the above, we would need to give him a pass till the next transfer window at least. It will already be good upgrade (and even more so if he also manages to offload 5-8 players)
That’s what I mean, he’d just about get away with the shenanigans but it’s the way things have transpired that would lead to reservations.

There’s really no need for leaving everything so last minute like we’ve seen so many times. That’s why I’m quite sure it’s gonna be more of the same in future windows.

No clear plan for transfers isn’t a fantastic marker of things around the club.

Alemar

The owners maybe?
It may be that Sir Jim told them behind the scenes that he wouldn’t buy relegation fodder, but would invest if they finally purchase good players (for him as next owner to build upon, and to do it not in the Championship)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Interesting bits of info from a Brazilian ESPN journalist + Globo Esporte (Tier 3):

ESPN Source:
Information I have about Casemiro:
  • He has not yet accepted the offer from Manchester United. It is on the table and the decision should come out soon.
  • The salary that United offer is not much higher. This is fake.
  • Decision will go through the personal and professional side.

There is no dissatisfaction of Casemiro at Real and this news that he was upset with the arrival of Tchouaméni is not true. He knows his value and he knows how important he is in this victorious era. Multi-champion and idol. The challenge of a club the size of United has stirred him.
There is no such thing as a much bigger salary at Manchester United. Casemiro is already a player who is financially resolved and is a guy who has already reached a high salary level for his quality. The decision will go through personal side, professional perspective and what he projects for the future.

It does not matter that United's salary proposal is double what he earns at Real Madrid. The proposals are very similar in that sense. It is not about money. It is about the professional and personal side.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
/if he's really motivated by a challenge, he'd find the greatest challenge of his entire career at present day United. No question about that.

croadyman

If only we could get Casemiro and another midfielder- someone like SMS or someone not too expensive and get some reasonable/reliable forward, then it would’ve been a great window.
Yeah like I said earlier we don't have to spend a fortune on a CM to partner him, be happy if we could also get Pulisic/Ziyech on loan and maybe Dembele on deadline day.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Any good?
He's okay. He's a dependable winger who can beat his man and put in a good cross. He's also so good at helping out the defence that he's played as a wing back on multiple occasions for both Belgium and Atletico Madrid. I don't think he's a goalscoring threat, so in that sense, he's comparable to Ivan Perisic.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Good thing they didn't spend the whole summer chasing a different cm

I like the move, but its very late to be bringing him in now when the season is already spiralling
Spiralling? It’s been 2 games.

2 terrible terrible games but hardly fecking spiralling

skc_18

€70m and 4-5 year mega-contract for a 30-year old? If we ever need proof we haven’t learned/changed, that should probably be a hint…
This club never learns. We deserve everything we get when shit like this keeps happening. Players past their prime on stupid wages because we can't offer them CL. Rinse and repeat.
What else can club do more? Potential young players Camavinga and Tchouameni did not want to come here. Players like Bissouma etc can be tried but there is no guarantee that they will succeed and there is no reason to believe they will do better than the options we have. We bought players like VDB who everyone said could be good option but is at most squad player.
We unfortunately need guaranteed success. If we dont stabilize our squad for next 2-3 years I think we will be midtable club for next decade. Players like Varane (when he is fit), Casemiro will help as long as they still have ambitions. Atleast these players are still part of their national team so they will be motivated to play well at the club.
If Casemiro agrees to join, I think it is a big deal for Utd. Just hope that he maintains the same level of play as he does at Real.

Status
Not open for further replies.