Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Steve

Nice are interested in Diallo, we'd like a loan without an option, but looks like they want him permanently.
Obvious conspiracy theories aside when you see who owns Nice, this would be a pretty good loan move for him. Arguably can’t get better than that.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Nice must be tripping thinking we’ll sell him permanently.. if anything I’d sell Pellistri permanently with a buy back clause but I definitely see Diallo in the squad in a year or two.. loan seems best.. with Ronaldo, Rashford, Martial & Elanga all leaving if they don’t survive this season, there’ll be enough space to have Diallo in the squad

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Most of us laughed and dismissed the Casemiro rumours when they first came out a few days ago.

Really unexpected signing, but very happy we have managed to get him.

Tiber

Nice are interested in Diallo, we'd like a loan without an option, but looks like they want him permanently.
Sir Jim is already reducing the wage bill to make room for impact signings

BoulderDevil

Dest? He's shite
When your other option is dalot, dest looks very appealing. He is actually not shit, of course. I think what a lot of posters forget is that we are trying to find players who can fit in a certain style/philosophy now. You’re going to have to get used to having players that don’t wow you, but actually fit into the way we want to play. Guarantee you however much money you want that he would improve us over dalot.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Can’t find anything on Matt’s Twitter though

can anyone find the article? I inow your supposed to have the corresponding tweet/article when posting from
Aggregators
Here's the source:
It's more of an opinion/analysis piece than anything else, and it's based on what one football agent has opined on regarding the last couple of weeks of the window.

Bouhafsi covering football again?
He's not, no. He mentioned this in one of his replies:
However, he still gets a bit of football-related info and Tweets about it from time to time, but football isn't and won't be his main focus.

Theo88

Can’t say I know much about him but from your comment I’m guessing he’s shite?
he didnt perform for Barcelona. had all the right attributes but never joined up.

I dont think he is shit, but i'd not like him bought as a matter of principle. Why help barcelona out of their corner. Just go and get another RB. that Lyon lad looks promising.

HookedOnAPhelan

Nice must be tripping thinking we’ll sell him permanently.. if anything I’d sell Pellistri permanently with a buy back clause but I definitely see Diallo in the squad in a year or two.. loan seems best.. with Ronaldo, Rashford, Martial & Elanga all leaving if they don’t survive this season, there’ll be enough space to have Diallo in the squad
He’s 20 years old, has been here two years, and shown the square root of feck all. Why shouldn’t we sell him?

SamMank_86

I totally agree with you.

I am not disputing for a second that they've caused the club to effectively bleed money but at the same time, the club has (fortunately) got the revenues to have provided a competitive transfer budget. But that isn't even the point, my retort was more in response to the suggestion that they are doing this only to be able to take their dividends and that point in and of itself just doesn't make sense.

It's not enough to say they are incompetent owners, their ownership model has caused the club to lose a lot of money and they should sell the club because they aren't capable of running a football club successfully.

No, no. That's not enough. Like I said, you have to go on and really make sure everybody knows you hate them but that causes people to say stupid and inaccurate things. People now seem to have to 'outdo' each other to 'prove' how much they hate the Glazers.

But when I say it's a bit far in response to someone suggesting that hanging them and setting them on fire is called for, I inevitably get met with what a fecking Glazer sympathiser I am. Because yeah, I'm the fecking weird one for not wanting to burn people alive because we finished 6th in the Premier League.

That has genuinely happened.
Pretty sure we witness that view everyday now!

Its a shame, but there is a minority that cant take on other peoples views and compare and contrast with their own. The majority can though

The Glaziers ownership model clearly doesn't work otherwise we wouldn't be in this mess, not employing the best in class staff and have a stadium and training complex that needs more than a bit of tlc! Imagine where we'd be if our revenue took a swift nosedive and wasn't able recover....

Infra-red

Diaby would be perfect. Left-footed, right-sided forward, exactly what ten Hag likes. Very quick, incisive passer and a very good finisher. Apparently available for around €60m (which is a lot less than our failed bid for Antony).

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
We desperately need a new right back, but i'm not convinced that Sergino is the Dest we can do....:nervous:

Suv666

When your other option is dalot, dest looks very appealing. He is actually not shit, of course. I think what a lot of posters forget is that we are trying to find players who can fit in a certain style/philosophy now. You’re going to have to get used to having players that don’t wow you, but actually fit into the way we want to play. Guarantee you however much money you want that he would improve us over dalot.
Na he's shit

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 2):
Red Devils tell Monaco they will increase any offer from Barca for Vanderson
  • Piera also mentioned United's interest in Dest.
  • Barcelona aren't interested in entering a bidding war against Manchester United.
  • Barcelona's new right back targets: Foyth, Bellerín, and Vanderson

Robbie Boy

Source (Tier 2):

• Barcelona aren't interested in entering a bidding war against Manchester United.
Had him in FM - would recommend.

bucky

Source (Tier 2):

Would love this, but:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 3): L'Équipe

• Other clubs interested in Bailly: Valencia, Celta Vigo, AS Roma, and Fulham
    • All of these clubs have already contacted Bailly's camp.
  • Marseille's hurdles include Bailly's €5m gross salary.
  • Marseille want to offer a paid loan with a conditional purchase option linked to the number of appearances + European qualification.
    • United are more open to such a deal.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Would love this, but:

Yeah, they just extended his current contract by one year. Whether that deters both United and Barcelona remains to be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to monitor his situation for next summer.

bucky

Well that lasted long, -2 days!
:lol:

Imagine if it turned out it was true that we contacted about him today.
Yeah, they just extended his current contract by one year. Whether that deters both United and Barcelona remains to be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to monitor his situation for next summer.
I mean there is that possibility that it is going to happen later and we are mostly just laying the groundwork for bringing him in later. Which would still be exciting IMO.

Wing Attack Plan R

I don't buy the line that x player is needed to unlock y player. If they're that good, they wouldn't need unlocking. Maybe Fred is okay as a backup, maybe, but he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11 regardless of Casemiro's pending arrival. Murtough needs to shoot a text to Lazio for SMS as a midfield partner for Casemiro. De Jong clearly isn't gonna happen.
Agreed. It blows my mind people are still including Fred (and McT) in conversations about the team moving forward. The talk of Fred "partnering" with Casemiro makes me want to smash something.

Baxquux

Diaby is the best of the lot, not sure if they would sell though
Haven't they said that Diaby's unsellable until Summer 2023. Gordon is basically Jesse Lingard with inferior shooting ability (although also without the cringe tiktok tendencies). None of the others play in any way comparable to Ronaldo post 2011 positionally/stylistically, so they're not really replacements in any case, despite the headline....

Lee565

Source (Tier 3): L'Équipe

• Other clubs interested in Bailly: Valencia, Celta Vigo, AS Roma, and Fulham
    • All of these clubs have already contacted Bailly's camp.
  • Marseille's hurdles include Bailly's €5m gross salary.
  • Marseille want to offer a paid loan with a conditional purchase option linked to the number of appearances + European qualification.
    • United are more open to such a deal.
Seduce bailly, what with, a state of the art treatment room?

Wing Attack Plan R

80m for an Eredivise winger. Madness.
Exactly. If he doesn't land and immediately start posting Robben-esque numbers, or start converting every other chance a la Ruud van Nistelrooy, the boo boys will be out in force. The pressure will be utterly crushing. Comp videos I've seen of him show him to be a flamboyant player, he's got a decent set of tricks and skills, but it's a massive step up to the Prem. 80 million is insane.

Widow

Source (Tier 2):

Would love this, but:

Well, that has to be the shortest sage in transfer history.

Wing Attack Plan R

I have a feeling this might be the case.. we’ll spend remaining funds on other positions rather than getting another CM because most good ones are costing a fair amount which will dampen our chances of filling the other positions..

I also don’t think Martinez will be good enough to bench our captain Maguire or the 340k p/w Varane at CB if he avoids injuries.. There’s big strikers to deal with and I just don’t see Martinez lasting in that role..

I’m so confused.. so he’ll be amongst the top earners but how??

If the contract is based on incentives and performances this probably includes a CL qualification clause and probably a PL top 4 or winning clause etc.. so if the club doesn’t qualify then he really won’t be one of the top earners right? Or am I missing something..

Does this mean that his base salary will be same or round about his current contract at Madrid but he can potentially earn a lot more if the club succeeds in achieving its’ targets?
I'd expect it to be Varane and Martinez before too long. Maguire has been putting on disasterclass performances that are going to see him dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.