Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Barca and Bayern were fighting over Dest last summer, with the former winning out. Surely he can't be that bad a fullback ?

AndySmith1990

No idea whether Dest is any good tbh. But if ETH believes he fits the team better than AWB then it may be worthwhile. Presumably he'd be fairly cheap and we could recoup most of the money by selling AWB

peridigm

Is Dest really as bad as people say? I'd love to hear a bit of positivity about him.
Better than AWB. Would be a good backup but I could see him challenge Dalot for the starting spot. Especially with the ETH connection. AWB is just not good enough, even as backup. I'd rather see Dest come in if it means AWB is going out.

aeh1991

Is Dest really as bad as people say? I'd love to hear a bit of positivity about him.
I think so, yes. But the bigger problem is that if we get him, we probably won't go after another young RB (Gusto, Vanderson) next summer. Long term I hope that a top young RB + Laird as a backup will be our RB options.

Remember the geese

Better than AWB. Would be a good backup but I could see him challenge Dalot for the starting spot. Especially with the ETH connection. AWB is just not good enough, even as backup. I'd rather see Dest come in if it means AWB is going out.
Good to hear that he would strengthen the squad, if not necessarily the starting 11. Would like us to sign a potentially top right back, but I suppose Dest is just another Dalot level player.

Jezpeza

Well, I’m sure he’ll be integrated back in if he’s acquitted of all charges. Otherwise no point having a justice system. Not sure how likely that is however.
if he’s innocent or acquitted then theres no reason to not. If he is guilty he should be allowed to play football in future - where that is who knows. We have a system of punishment and rehabilitation so it shouldnt hang over him forever

Remember the geese

also he's underrated, but he needs more consistency in is defensive focus. He's like a better Dalot going forward, but worse going backward
Underrated sounds promising. Dalot isn't the best defensively either, but at least Dest is relatively strong going forward from what you say.

cyberman

if he’s innocent or acquitted then theres no reason to not. If he is guilty he should be allowed to play football in future - where that is who knows. We have a system of punishment and rehabilitation so it shouldnt hang over him forever
Not how it works. Lots of reasons why cases like this fall through, abnormally so. What kills Mason is this being recorded. We don’t need the court to tell us what we all heard

Diadoras

Innocence is not the test; research the Paddy Jackson case for further details. For Greenwood to ever play for United again he would need to be found not only innocent but an outstanding young man. That is very unlikely to happen.

Jezpeza

Not how it works. Lots of reasons why cases like this fall through, abnormally so. What kills Mason is this being recorded. We don’t need the court to tell us what we all heard
i disagree. If you aren't guilty of a crime then its just opinion really. A non judiciary punishment. I cant see him getting sponsorships and he will get a lot of stick from fans etc but technically what would you fire him for?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Well, I’m sure he’ll be integrated back in if he’s acquitted of all charges. Otherwise no point having a justice system. Not sure how likely that is however.
The guy is done in all levels of football. No one is touching him. He's done. It's over. Kaput.

Sick of reading stuff like this.

Do you really think any player from the squad even want him back in. Feck no.

It's over.

cyberman

i disagree. If you aren't guilty of a crime then its just opinion really. A non judiciary punishment. I cant see him getting sponsorships and he will get a lot of stick from fans etc but technically what would you fire him for?
Who says you have to be found guilty in a court of law though? That’s not how the real world works.
Women face a disgustingly up hill battle to get justice for being raped, a judge not believing you or rape laws not being strong enough isn’t a reason why people like Mason are automatically allowed to live their life as normal when we all heard what we heard.
We can just release him. Not register him etc. Happens all the time

Jezpeza

The guy is done in all levels of football. No one is touching him. He's done. It's over. Kaput.

Sick of reading stuff like this.

Do you really think any player from the squad even want him back in. Feck no.

It's over.
Thats just your opinion though.

the reality will be seen in time

Jezpeza

Who says you have to be found guilty in a court of law though? That’s not how the real world works.
Women face a disgustingly up hill battle to get justice for being raped, a judge not believing you or rape laws not being strong enough isn’t a reason why people like Mason are automatically allowed to live their life as normal when we all heard what we heard.
We can just release him. Not register him etc. Happens all the time
it is how the real world works though isn't it? An opinion that someone should have a criminal conviction isnt the same as them actually having one

cyberman

it is how the real world works though isn't it? An opinion that someone should have a criminal conviction isnt the same as them actually having one
Who says he should have a criminal conviction though? Who set those parameters?
What happens if the victim just wants to leave it all behind her and live her life? Do we still welcome back Mason back?
We don’t need a judge to tell us what we head.

Jezpeza

Innocence is not the test; research the Paddy Jackson case for further details. For Greenwood to ever play for United again he would need to be found not only innocent but an outstanding young man. That is very unlikely to happen.
i know about that one. All i am saying is i think a lot remains to be seen on this one. Im not trying to be contentious, I just think if we were going to cut him based on purely the online shared stuff we would have done it already. I think the club are waiting on the outcome of the legal stuff. Dont know what thats going to be yet

roseguy64

I don't know about the quality but the quantity is there. Casimero, Eriksen, Fred, mctominay and vdb with Iqbal as an emergency backup.
I don't want Iqbal staying around as emergency backup. I would want us to be loaning him out.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
AWB cannot attack and Dest cannot defend. Pick your poison.

Status
Not open for further replies.