Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember the geese

I think so, yes. But the bigger problem is that if we get him, we probably won't go after another young RB (Gusto, Vanderson) next summer. Long term I hope that a top young RB + Laird as a backup will be our RB options.
Yeah, I would like someone who can force Dalot to be a backup basically. I have always been a fan of Laird. I don't see the point of a Wan Bissaka upgrade.

Rauður Djöfull

I think so, yes. But the bigger problem is that if we get him, we probably won't go after another young RB (Gusto, Vanderson) next summer. Long term I hope that a top young RB + Laird as a backup will be our RB options.
My concern as well, we really should be after either one of those two next summer

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
Underrated sounds promising. Dalot isn't the best defensively either, but at least Dest is relatively strong going forward from what you say.
emphasis on relative, though. His promise has been around for a while, but him delivering on it is still the question. I'm still not sure whether he'll answer, so it's a gamble.
But he is still underrated, since whether it's all jokes or isn't, he's not as incapable as some make him out to be, just very very inconsistent. But you have to show good stuff to be inconsistent and he definitely has. Spanish newspapers tend to not like readers with the capacity to remember things, but they've even called him the new Dani Alves a few times.

They also called him "how the feck did this guy and up at a club like Barcelona?", so yeah, he's inconsistent.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Barca and Bayern were fighting over Dest last summer, with the former winning out. Surely he can't be that bad a fullback ?
He rarely stands out for the USMNT...considering how average the USMNT is, that should tell you something.

Nep77

Wish we could sell Maguire to Chelsea and get Broja as part of the deal. Looks like perfect CF for the current System to rotate with Martial.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The “if you’re good enough you’re old enough” is now “if you’re good enough let’s loan you and see how good you are”.

BarryWinks

Any chance we do anything else before the market closes? Any justifiable reason we didn't take a punt on someone like Tielemans?

Not very enthusiastic about Dubravka but I'm willing to let myself be positively surprised by that transfer.

lysglimt

Scout
Maybe I'm not.
Rashford isn't shit 90% of the time - that basically means he is shit 34 out of 38 games - and seeing he wasn't shit against Liverpool, I doubt he will be shit every other game bar 3 this season
Elanga shit 95% of the time - same as Rashford, not shit against Liverpool - and not shit several matches last season.
Martial has one season played less than 35 matches since the 2013/14 season - in his first 6 seasons at United he played about 260 games. A bit harsh to call him injury-prone

Alemar

I wouldn’t think Meunier was a good defender at all. But he is certainly better than Bissaka and would provide adequate cover for Dalot, as well as more tactical variability. So if it’s just a loan, fine

NewYorkRed

I'd rather Dest who is younger, faster, and has a better chance at doing well under a manager he is familiar with.
Dest is younger and faster, this is true. He is also crap at football though unfortunately.

Canuckred64

Dest is younger and faster, this is true. He is also crap at football though unfortunately.
Has Dest just gone down hill a bit at Barcelona? Living on the US/Canadian border I get a lot of US media and little as 18 months or so ago the football people in the US were really high on him. Supposedly one of the best players in the National side. Now I have hardly seen him play..

Status
Not open for further replies.