Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onerealunited

Are we still able to loan out academy players or young players to lower leagues in England? We have still plenty of players in the team which should have been loaned out, including but not limited to:

- Kovar (22)
- Bishop (22)
- Bernard (21)
- Mengi (20)
- Savage (19)
- Pellistri (20)

IRN-BRUno

Are we still able to loan out academy players or young players to lower leagues in England? We have still plenty of players in the team which should have been loaned out, including but not limited to:

- Kovar (22)
- Bishop (22)
- Bernard (21)
- Mengi (20)
- Savage (19)
- Pellistri (20)
No, the window shuts at the same time for the EFL. Still possible to move to somewhere in Belgium, Turkey or Portugal though.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Seems as though the deferred wages was the only thing holding the deal back.

United agreed an €85m fee with Barcelona forFrenkie de Jong in July. Murtough had a verbal agreement with the player’s agent, Ali Dursun, on a salary, an encouraging development that suggested De Jong was more receptive to joining United than his public proclamations suggested.

De Jong’s wage deferral was the insurmountable stumbling block and Murtough privately described Barcelona’s behaviour as “disgraceful”.

Dr. StrangeHate

United agreed an €85m fee with Barcelona forFrenkie de Jong in July. Murtough had a verbal agreement with the player’s agent, Ali Dursun, on a salary, an encouraging development that suggested De Jong was more receptive to joining United than his public proclamations suggested.

De Jong’s wage deferral was the insurmountable stumbling block and Murtough privately described Barcelona’s behaviour as “disgraceful”.

A more believable explanation of the saga. It is unfortunate as I believe he would have been a game changer for us.

SaboTaj

So is De Jong getting his full wages in Barcelona now? Or are they still trying to get the renewed contract legally annulled?

M4YON

No one in Spain reported on this. I wonder if his source(s) gave him the wrong info as Rayo Vallecano was the only club that tried to sign him on deadline day.
I was also wating for the other sources on this from spain.. He doesn't usually pull random stories either he's actually quite often spot on, just not as active as others.

M4YON

Makes me wonder if Martial is going to be out for a lot longer than anticipated.
That being said should have signed another forward regardless
We just didn't have the budget for a top striker, reckon we will go all out for Osimhen next summer there aren't many strikers about at the moment.

IRN-BRUno

Full interview (in Dutch) is on PSV's youtube channel. Van Gaal unsurprisingly advised him against moving :lol:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I was also wating for the other sources on this from spain.. He doesn't usually pull random stories either he's actually quite often spot on, just not as active as others.
He tends to be more speculative than most journalists, and this is one of those examples. Unfortunately, a good number of his Tweets don't attract too many eyes, so most people tend to ignore his misses.

Last edited:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

Full interview (in Dutch) is on PSV's youtube channel. Van Gaal unsurprisingly advised him against moving :lol:
I think Gakpo did the right thing staying put until January.

If he couldn’t move to United this window he gets 5 months to absolutely destroy Eredivise and go to the World Cup.

I’ll be amazed if numerous clubs aren’t right back in for him in January.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

This is exactly what I believed to be true. If Barca had paid him, he would be a United player now. Gutted. :(

I hope he screws them for every penny they owe him and then some. cnuts.:mad:

I guess though there may be a chance of a deal in Jan if this plays out how we expect and the glazers sanction more spending.:wenger:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'd like to give my thanks to all the contributors to the tweets thread this summer. You did gods work and the new ability to filter it to just united related tweets is a great addition.
Shout out to @mazhar13 for being the twitter god and everyone else who contributed.

Great feature this filtering just the Utd related tweets.
100% this. Being able to view just the United related tweets has been wonderfully helpful.
Big thank you to @mazhar13 @M4YON @Widow and @UnitedSofa for their posting during the summer! (Apologies if I missed anyone).
No problem! :)

See you all in December/January when the Winter Window kicks off!
Belated, but I'm glad that the new features worked out so well for everyone. They've been incredibly helpful to me as well when I've had to look for specific updates and not trawl through the rest of the Tweets. We should give a huge thanks to @Niall for implementing the Transfer Tweet buckets and allowing us to look through specific Tweets.

I will still be posting Transfer Tweets day by day, so feel free to keep a look out for more updates before the January window.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Yeah good shout, you were an average muppet @mazhar13 but the goat contributor of tweets, info and rumours! Thank you very much!
Generous! :D
Thanks for your hard work over the last few months @mazhar13. You and your minions have made this forum the premier place for keeping up to date during the window. It makes muppeting much easier!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Thanks! Muppetry's never been my thing, but I'll be happy to continue sharing Tweets and ensuring that everyone remains informed.
You certainly do, doing the lord's work, thank you for all your efforts!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Generous! :D
Thanks for your hard work over the last few months @mazhar13. You and your minions have made this forum the premier place for keeping up to date during the window. It makes muppeting much easier!
You certainly do, doing the lord's work, thank you for all your efforts!
Thank you for the kind words! :)

However, we should also give huge props to @Tom Van Persie, @Zoo, @Adnan, @M4YON, and @Widow for putting in lots of time to get all of this going. I'm going to be honest, they give me way, way less work to do with their amazing contributions.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

However, we should also give huge props to @Tom Van Persie, @Zoo, @Adnan, @M4YON, and @Widow for putting in lots of time to get all of this going. I'm going to be honest, they give me way, way less work to do with their amazing contributions.
Agreed, their contributions shouldn't go unnoticed too. I wouldn't know squat about what's going on across the league's without you guys.

Widow

Agreed, their contributions shouldn't go unnoticed too. I wouldn't know squat about what's going on across the league's without you guys.
It's a pleasure. I'm a massive fan of @mazhar13 work, the knowledge on those that report is not matched. I have always found the Tweet thread a great place to quickly catch up on stories so whatever help I can offer is given.

Roll on January!

Robbie Boy

Agree with everyone else; cheers for all the dedication, to all listed!

I only get my footie news here, thanks to the dedication of you lot. Yourself and @Adnan deserve a special mention, though. Not only do you two post tweets, but you always offer up brilliant insight on any players we are linked to! Kudos!

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I only get my footie news here, thanks to the dedication of you lot. Yourself and @Adnan deserve a special mention, though. Not only do you two post tweets, but you always offer up brilliant insight on any players we are linked to! Kudos!
Thanks Robbie, appreciate the kind words.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

I'm glad that you enjoy the insights. Adnan's are most certainly better than mines, but I try my best. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.