Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Hehe, transfer awards ceremony!

Will echo the sentiments as it's a lot of work to do what you guys do with a lot of it being taken for granted by now.

Robbie Boy

Hehe, transfer awards ceremony!

Will echo the sentiments as it's a lot of work to do what you guys do with a lot of it being taken for granted by now.
I'll defo give you a mention too, pal :)

Just have to find the right category! Plenty of time left...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Mazhar deserves immense credit for the way he's brought a high standard to the tweets thread where his knowledge on the reliability of sources from around the world is unmatched on this forum. His knowledge in cutting through the clutter and providing the context has been very educational for myself. And he's a all-round great poster that enhances the quality of discourse on the forum as a whole.

Nero

Just checked the OP and noticed Gerard Romero has not yet been added to the Tier 5 banned list. Just a heads up.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Just checked the OP and noticed Gerard Romero has not yet been added to the Tier 5 banned list. Just a heads up.
Give it some time. He's not unreliable just because de Jong didn't end up here. It's similar to the reaction towards di Marzio when he called the Griezmann to United transfer off.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Because people kept blaming van Gaal for the Timber transfer:

Source:
Ajax's Jurriën Timber talks about a hectic summer and difficult choices. 'Sometimes I thought: maybe I should go'.

Erik the Red

This is exactly what I believed to be true. If Barca had paid him, he would be a United player now. Gutted. :(

I hope he screws them for every penny they owe him and then some. cnuts.:mad:

I guess though there may be a chance of a deal in Jan if this plays out how we expect and the glazers sanction more spending.:wenger:
This is what I said as soon as we heard about the deferred wages issue. De Jong told ETH that he was happy to come, United agreed a fee with Barca, and personal terms were not going to be an issue. De Jong was just waiting for Barca to pay him the deferred wages. In our / De Jong's favour, this gets much more expensive for Barca over the next couple of years, as his salary rises rapidly and as the contract winds down, his transfer value will drop, so we could go in with a lower offer in January to compensate for the extra wages.

The Cody Gakpo story also makes perfect sense now, as does all the waiting. Everything was dependent on the De Jong deal. Had we signed De Jong, we couldn't afford Antony as well so we would have gone for Gakpo as the alternative.

Question is now will we be back in for De Jong and Timber in January, or are we saving up for a striker? And will it be Osimhen, Sesko, Nkunku, or someone else?

sleepehead

This is what I said as soon as we heard about the deferred wages issue. De Jong told ETH that he was happy to come, United agreed a fee with Barca, and personal terms were not going to be an issue. De Jong was just waiting for Barca to pay him the deferred wages. In our / De Jong's favour, this gets much more expensive for Barca over the next couple of years, as his salary rises rapidly and as the contract winds down, his transfer value will drop, so we could go in with a lower offer in January to compensate for the extra wages.

The Cody Gakpo story also makes perfect sense now, as does all the waiting. Everything was dependent on the De Jong deal. Had we signed De Jong, we couldn't afford Antony as well so we would have gone for Gakpo as the alternative.

Question is now will we be back in for De Jong and Timber in January, or are we saving up for a striker? And will it be Osimhen, Sesko, Nkunku, or someone else?
I think Timber we might come back to in a year, I still think this team would want a young and upcoming CB in the ranks. We don't have have one and we'll probably be looking for one in the future. De Jong I think we'll take a crack in the winter. Maybe after the WC he'll change his mind. Definitely looking to add a striker in either the next window as a stop gap but then add a legitimate one in the summer.

I think CR7 ends up leaving after the WC he'll still have a chance to play in the CL if a team unexpectedly needs a striker

croadyman

I think Timber we might come back to in a year, I still think this team would want a young and upcoming CB in the ranks. We don't have have one and we'll probably be looking for one in the future. De Jong I think we'll take a crack in the winter. Maybe after the WC he'll change his mind. Definitely looking to add a striker in either the next window as a stop gap but then add a legitimate one in the summer.

I think CR7 ends up leaving after the WC he'll still have a chance to play in the CL if a team unexpectedly needs a striker
Yeah if we can stay within 3 points of top 4 and maybe 7-8 of top he might fancy it in January

Erik the Red

Yeah if we can stay within 3 points of top 4 and maybe 7-8 of top he might fancy it in January
Why so pessimistic? If we are top.....

We are currently 3 points off the top having just dismantled the leaders in a tactical masterclass!!!

lysglimt

Scout
Our 2 next games are Palace and Leeds - if we win those we will be in a very good position before the City-game.

During the next 5 fixture rounds - the following top-7 encounters will take place ( I will include Brighton for now)

City - Spurs
Chelsea - Liverpool
City - United
Arsenal - Spurs
Liverpool-Brighton
Arsenal - Liverpool
Brighton - Spurs
Liverpool - City

So a bunch of the the teams fighting for C.L places will drop a lot of points - especially Liverpool have some tough games. They are playing 3 of the Top-6 teams + Brighton in the next 5 rounds. Spurs also are in for a tough time when they are playing Arsenal, Brighton and City away - that will be a proper test for them

TsuWave

How’s Diego Costa these days? I heard he’s having a trial at Wolves?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Matej Kovar signs a new 3-year contract (1-year option) and goes out on loan to Sparta Prague

Amsterdam Devil

We just signed rightback Arias. He was a free agent after leaving Atletico Madrid. Strange signing, average player.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
We just signed rightback Arias. He was a free agent after leaving Atletico Madrid. Strange signing, average player.
Did we? nothing on any official channels
There's no significant link between Arias and United. The link itself came up 4 days ago from Johnson Sáenz, a Colombian journalist who typically reports on local/South American football.

It looks like TEAMTalk discovered these Tweets yesterday and reported on them. El Deportivo of Colombia then picked up on the TEAMTalk report and made an article out of it. MEN finally picked up the report from El Deportivo, and I'm guessing that's what the newbie is basing their post on.

In short, ignore this; there's nothing to it, and none of the journalists with a modicum of presence of reliability have corroborated Johnson Sáenz's Tweets.

Amsterdam Devil

There's no significant link between Arias and United. The link itself came up 4 days ago from Johnson Sáenz, a Colombian journalist who typically reports on local/South American football.

It looks like TEAMTalk discovered these Tweets yesterday and reported on them. El Deportivo of Colombia then picked up on the TEAMTalk report and made an article out of it. MEN finally picked up the report from El Deportivo, and I'm guessing that's what the newbie is basing their post on.

In short, ignore this; there's nothing to it, and none of the journalists with a modicum of presence of reliability have corroborated Johnson Sáenz's Tweets.
it’s on several Dutch media, probably because he played at PSV before joining Atletico. He was offered a 2 year deal they say. More reports/links on twitter.

We shall see.

If he joins i’m not overwhelmed with enthusiasm. He was oke at PSV, didn’t make it at Atletico and was average last season at Granada. It seems a strange transfer if it’s true.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
it’s on several Dutch media, probably because he played at PSV before joining Atletico. He was offered a 2 year deal they say. More reports/links on twitter.

We shall see.

If he joins i’m not overwhelmed with enthusiasm. He was oke at PSV, didn’t make it at Atletico and was average last season at Granada. It seems a strange transfer if it’s true.
From what I can see on Twitter, none of De Telegraaf, Voetbal International, Algemeen Dagblad, Eindhovens Daglad, and Ziggo Sport have reported on this. Soccer News covered it, but they referred to "English reports", which goes back to TEAMTalk, basically.

I'd like to know which parts of the Dutch media are reporting on this and whether it's their own info. I'd be incredibly surprised if they have their own info that the major Dutch sporting outlets haven't covered.

Amsterdam Devil

From what I can see on Twitter, none of De Telegraaf, Voetbal International, Algemeen Dagblad, Eindhovens Daglad, and Ziggo Sport have reported on this. Soccer News covered it, but they referred to "English reports", which goes back to TEAMTalk, basically.

I'd like to know which parts of the Dutch media are reporting on this and whether it's their own info. I'd be incredibly surprised if they have their own info that the major Dutch sporting outlets haven't covered.
Fcupdate.nl, voetbalzone.nl, psvinside.nl, footballtransfers.com, baloncentral.com (Colombian site) and others mention it, their source is probably teamtalk. Voetbal international does report it and they mention teamtalk. Some other sites mention Johnson Saenz as source.

we shall see, would be a useless transfer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Fcupdate.nl, voetbalzone.nl, psvinside.nl, footballtransfers.com, baloncentral.com (Colombian site) and others mention it, their source is probably teamtalk. Voetbal international does report it and they mention teamtalk. Some other sites mention Johnson Saenz as source.

we shall see, would be a useless transfer.
Thanks for listing out the sources. At least we now have a better picture of what's being reported elsewhere.

Given that it's been 4 days since Johnson Sáenz initially reported on this, I am not expecting any further developments on this unless Erik ten Hag suddenly feels like he actually needs Arias.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This is being pushed relentlessly by that mufcmpb scammer. He's such a weirdo.
I don't know why they're going this far. They've already ruined their reputation a good bit; there's no way for them to fix this unless they start all over with a new account.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Arias was an absolute nothing player at PSV. He's done feck all since.

This is just paper talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.