Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
If we're seriously in talks with Dortmund Hoffenheim for him, then this means that Ten Hag might be looking at setting up a back 3 for us. Either that, or (less likely) he's going play Luke Shaw as a left-sided centre back in a back 4. I've yet to see any links between other clubs and either Luke Shaw or Alex Telles.

This should also put to bed the notion that United are only working on one transfer at a time once and for all.

SATA

If we're seriously in talks with Dortmund for him, then this means that Ten Hag might be looking at setting up a back 3 for us. Either that, or (less likely) he's going play Luke Shaw as a left-sided centre back in a back 4. I've yet to see any links between other clubs and either Luke Shaw or Alex Telles.

This should also put to bed the notion that United are only working on one transfer at a time once and for all.
I don’t think he plays for Dortmund?

Frank Grimes

If we're seriously in talks with Dortmund for him, then this means that Ten Hag might be looking at setting up a back 3 for us. Either that, or (less likely) he's going play Luke Shaw as a left-sided centre back in a back 4. I've yet to see any links between other clubs and either Luke Shaw or Alex Telles.

He's a Hoffenheim player. Dortmund could be interested in him too if they sell some players.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Yeah it's weird. A replacement RB is way more pressing.
There is no obvious great RB available, is there? But a German international that looked great the past couple of years is available at Hoffenheim. And we do not really have a good left back either. Not one that can cope with the physical demands of EtH.

Klopp played Milner for a while at LB. Maybe we will do something similar.

Posh Red

There is no obvious great RB available, is there? But a German international that looked great the past couple of years is available at Hoffenheim. And we do not really have a good left back either. Not one that can cope with the physical demands of EtH.

Maybe Elanga could be a surprise pick for right back?

Rojofiam

Raum would be a smart signing if Telles leaves. Very likely an upgrade on the Brazilian, can give Shaw serious competition for the LB spot and wouldn't be that expensive if we calculate Telles' fee into it.

Withnail

Is there not? I've no idea who is available to be honest but surely to Christ there has to be someone who's a much better fit for EtH than Dalot or AWB.

EDIT: If we're ditching Telles then I'm all for it.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Is there not? I've no idea who is available to be honest but surely to Christ there has to be someone who's a much better fit for EtH than Dalot or AWB.

EDIT: If we're ditching Telles then I'm all for it.
The majority of the higher-quality right backs are already in the top teams. Most of the other teams either play young players, good but not top-tier players, or players out of position at right back. I think that's why Liverpool secured Calvin Ramsay so quickly.

In my opinion, at the moment, none of the right backs who are attainable for us will not necessarily make an instant impact here. Every attainable right back has an obvious weak point to them that'd stick out in our team.

Last edited:

OleGunnar20

Maybe Elanga could be a surprise pick for right back?
I'd like to see him tried there as I don't think his ceiling is high enough to be a permanent fixture in our forward line. Could be wrong there of course! But he's a hard worker and seems to have a good mentality. I'd rather put my money on one of Elanga / Laird making the grade eventually then either of Dalot / AWB.

sparx99

The majority of the higher-quality right backs are already in the top teams. Most of the other teams either play young players, good but not top-tier players, or players out of position at right back. I think that's why Liverpool secured Calvin Ramsay so quickly.

In my opinion, at the moment, none of the right backs who are attainable for us will necessarily make an instant impact here. Every attainable right back has an obvious weak point to them that'd stick out in our team.
Livramento? Maybe throw in AWB or Williams?

Could Reece James be prized away? Rumblings over his contract and Chelsea were linked to Denzel Dumfries recently.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Could Reece James be prized away? Rumblings over his contract and Chelsea were linked to Denzel Dumfries recently.
Livramento is as much of a project, if not more, than Ethan Laird. He'll make enough mistakes to make him stick out like a sore thumb at United.

Reece James has only been getting linked to other clubs because his contract talks haven't started back in a long while. Let's see if he pushes for a move out in the next year or so, but I personally doubt that'll be the case under a new Chelsea regime.

cj_sparky

Not likely he will kick a ball in 2022, did his knee ligaments towards the end of the season.

Primex

Malo gusto, basically a less established Reece James.
there's also frimpong the player we all hope laird would become.
Livramento the most risky,less talented and probably most expensive one of them all.
So yeah there are top fullbacks in Europe we could go for...but Malo gusto :drool::drool::drool:

Withnail

In my opinion, at the moment, none of the right backs who are attainable for us will necessarily make an instant impact here. Every attainable right back has an obvious weak point to them that'd stick out in our team.
Well that's not good at all. Thanks for the info mate.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I thought Arnold was putting a stop to survivor culture? Williams is only sticking around because he knows he'll never get a better contract anywhere else.
Or maybe he actually wants to fight for his position??

Feck me, we constantly highlight the need for players to want to play for this club, yet when one of our young players states they want to fight for their place the fans moan and whine.

Just do not understand some fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.