Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I really couldn't believe that given how rarely United's name was mentioned, but Bruno Andrade (Tier 2) actually reported this!
Manchester United are overtaking Liverpool in the race for Enzo Fernandez. Talks are already underway between all those involved. The Red Devils are willing, even, to beat the clause of 120 M€ and avoid any competition

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Something I forgot to post earlier:

Amidst the recent reports on both Gakpo and Enzo, this is a reminder that any major business in January will mean less money to spend in the summer.

-Supreme-

Aren’t we meant to have less money to spend next summer anyway when we have overspent the summer just gone?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Amidst the recent reports on both Gakpo and Enzo, this is a reminder that any major business in January will mean less money to spend in the summer.
That's only really applicable if the Glazers fail to sell the club.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
That's only really applicable if the Glazers fail to sell the club.
That's right. I don't want us to make too many assumptions at this stage about the club's ownership prospects. For now, the business is being conducted in spite of the club being for sale or ownership developments.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That's right. I don't want us to make too many assumptions at this stage about the club's ownership prospects. For now, the business is being conducted in spite of the club being for sale or ownership developments.
I think that's a stretch mate. If they weren't looking to either sell up or seek investment, they'd be struggling quite seriously having already loaded on more debt to fix the squad as the last transfer window was drawing to a close. Can't imagine any major business done in January isn't directly related to a looming better financial health of the club.

Wrecking ralf

We get Enzo and Gakpo then we wouldn’t really need anything in the summer

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think that's a stretch mate. If they weren't looking to either sell up or seek investment, they'd be struggling quite seriously having already loaded on more debt to fix the squad as the last transfer window was drawing to a close. Can't imagine any major business done in January isn't directly related to a looming better financial health of the club.
I sure hope so, but given how quiet it's been on the ownership front, I'm erring on the side of caution and putting more weight on Laurie's Tweet.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I sure hope so, but given how quiet it's been on the ownership front, I'm erring on the side of caution and putting more weight on Laurie's Tweet.
Sensible. I'm just thinking there's no way the Glazers can continue as is, there's too much investment needed and they're already way in the red (i.e. the club on their behalf). And I can't imagine anyone wanting to inject cash for a percentage stake either. Surely things will be tight lipped until official bids arrive.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 1:
Atletico are open to listen to offers for Joao Felix but will not lower their demands: the demand is still €130/140M. The possible formula for January is a loan with purchase obligation.
Translation:

Dannn411

Tier 1:

Translation:
Well, looks like Joao Felix is stuck with Atleti till his contract is up because nobody is paying anywhere near that. That's one of the beauties with overspending. When the signing ends up being a flop, there is no escape for the club. A fitting punishment.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Well, looks like Joao Felix is stuck with Atleti till his contract is up because nobody is paying anywhere near that. That's one of the beauties with overspending. When the signing ends up being a flop, there is no escape for the club. A fitting punishment.
No one's giving us our £80M back for Maguire, but if we get £40M, most would be pretty satisfied.

Like others have said, they'll be doing well to get half that back on Felix.

Mind you, we got our money back on Lukaku, although, Chelsea won't.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
No one's giving us our £80M back for Maguire, but if we get £40M, most would be pretty satisfied.

Like others have said, they'll be doing well to get half that back on Felix.

Mind you, we got our money back on Lukaku, although, Chelsea won't.
Pre World Cup not a chance we would have got £40m, after the World Cup he is well worth £40m.
Just hope he keeps the same form for us until we get a buyer for him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

More info:

Whitwell also clarified the "business as usual" from his prior Tweet in the article: the ultimate sign-off on any and all January transfers will come from Joel Glazer even though they're looking to sell the club.

Dannn411

We should be pushing for a permanent deal with Elanga. Would be a robbery at any price above £5m.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I wasn’t mad about us signing him in the first place, but now it looks like Liverpool are going to sign him and I want him badly.

If we match Liverpool’s offer, he may well choose us anyway.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Despite the offer, Liverpool still have a bit of distance to cover (Tier 1):
Gakpo-Liverpool: first offer of 42M€ but PSV asks for 50/55M€. Talks between the clubs will move quickly in search of a definitive agreement. Optimism.

Status
Not open for further replies.