Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luka Mora

So that’s the end of relying on Goldbridge as an information source, he doesn’t have a clue!
It never got started to begin with, that guy ran a video saying terms had been agreed for timber in the summer, which was a load of nonsense. Blocked the channel after that so I don't get any clickbait videos popping up on my feed.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
It never got started to begin with, that guy ran a video saying terms had been agreed for timber in the summer, which was a load of nonsense. Blocked the channel after that so I don't get any clickbait videos popping up on my feed.
Goldbridge has never been a source of transfer knowledge. He's built his youtube career on being a clickbait aggregator and having wild, usually negative takes on the club's affairs. To be fair, the goal for him is to get rich and its worked for him.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
What is sad?
Sad for De gea I guess
Yup, I have a phobia of new GKs. I was the same when big Pete left and VDS retired. Call it Taibi syndrome if you like, but for me changing keeper is a huge gamble. That and of course David has been a loyal club servant. Hope he isn’t treated shoddily or leaves on a sour note. Would be disappointing.

Erik the Red

Yup, I have a phobia of new GKs. I was the same when big Pete left and VDS retired. Call it Taibi syndrome if you like, but for me changing keeper is a huge gamble. That and of course David has been a loyal club servant. Hope he isn’t treated shoddily or leaves on a sour note. Would be disappointing.
Nobody said he is leaving, he could negotiate an extension on a lower wage.

Erik the Red

*Could*
His contract expires in the summer. Assuming Dubravka goes back to the Saudis, erm Geordies - we could be left with Tom Heaton as our only first team GK.
We also have an injured Martial as our only first team striker. ETH is well aware of the situation, and he isn't stupid. I fully expect us to sign a new striker, probably in January, and maybe even a secondly one in the summer. Similarly, if ETH rates De Gea, he will keep him on, otherwise he will bring someone else in.

I am fully confident that Heaton will not be between the posts first game next season.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Is this Gakpo interest real? Does ten Hag see him as a striker because he mostly seems to play off the left like everyone else in the squad.
He's played as a striker for the Netherlands on a few occasions, so that could be possible. Whilst he's first and foremost a left winger, he has looked comfortable playing up front, and ten Hag has no issue with playing players in different positions in order to get the best out of the team (e.g. Tadic as a false 9).

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Is this Gakpo interest real? Does ten Hag see him as a striker because he mostly seems to play off the left like everyone else in the squad.
We currently have 4 senior attackers. Rashford has 18 months on his deal, martial hasn’t been able to stay fit for 3 consecutive games the last 2 years and Sancho is currently in Holland somewhere with nobody having a clue when he’s coming back. Gakpo makes sense regardless - he can play in all 4 attacking positions and our depth is currently abject.

Withnail

He's played as a striker for the Netherlands on a few occasions, so that could be possible. Whilst he's first and foremost a left winger, he has looked comfortable playing up front, and ten Hag has no issue with playing players in different positions in order to get the best out of the team (e.g. Tadic as a false 9).
Good points. Thanks.

We currently have 4 senior attackers. Rashford has 18 months on his deal, martial hasn’t been able to stay fit for 3 consecutive games the last 2 years and Sancho is currently in Holland somewhere with nobody having a clue when he’s coming back. Gakpo makes sense regardless - he can play in all 4 attacking positions and our depth is currently abject.
I've only done cursory research but he doesn't appear to have played RW at all. It only makes sense to me, especially in Jan, if he's seen as a CF. We're desperate for a CF right now.

Kostov

SAFMUTD

James Ducker: "But United have not activated David de Gea’s option as they look instead to strike a new, shorter-term deal with the 32-year-old Spain goalkeeper that could see him take a sizeable cut to his existing £375,000 a week wages. De Gea’s contract is currently due to expire at the end of the season."
Smart thing to do, tie them up so there are no clubs in January talking on their ear as we negotiate new contracts for Rashford, Dalot and Shaw. Fred is needed right now as we're short in midfield but shouldn't be offered a new contract.

With De Gea is also the right call, no club is going to steal him from us in January. Triggering another year would mean keep him under the 375k contract until next summer. De Gea should accept lower wages around 150-200K tops or be let go.

sparx99

*Could*
His contract expires in the summer. Assuming Dubravka goes back to the Saudis, erm Geordies - we could be left with Tom Heaton as our only first team GK.
Henderson only went on loan as well though.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1): Tobi Altschäffl

Key points:
  • Sommer will become a free agent in the summer.
  • He's available for €5m in January.
  • Bayern Munich can sign Sommer on a short-term deal until the summer.

King Eric 7

Doesn't seem likely to me that ETH really wants AWB to stay. We've been looking for a back up RB and the last game doesn't change this. Hopefully he can put in a few more decent shop window performances.

Wrecking ralf

AWB will certainly start the next game given Dalot has done his hammy. Be interesting to see how he plays given he’s had a run of games with the friend games too. Also wasn’t he having private training during the off season? I wouldn’t put it past ETH to find a player worth something to us in there.

-Supreme-

AWB certainly has a future but whether that lies with United is the question. Hopefully he performs for us regardless of where his future holds, we need to start maximising our sales and the only way to achieve this is by playing well for us.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 4:

More info:
  • Gakpo would prefer to help PSV out, which is why he's okay with a January move.
  • Arsenal, Newcastle, and Real Madrid are all also interested, but United are the furthest ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.