Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Withnail

Wouldn't we have said exactly the same about Ighalo, Arnautovic andWeghorst?
Ighalo was too old and not good enough in the first place.I wasn't sure about Arnautovic at all and Weghorst is a short term loan so we'll see.

Reus best years are behind him and would you trust him at 33 to make the transistion from the Bundesliga to the PL? We've seen a lot of players in their prime struggle. It doesn't really fill you with confidence when the supposed other club in the mix is Al-Nassr.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Ighalo was too old and not good enough in the first place.I wasn't sure about Arnautovic at all and Weghorst is a short term loan so we'll see.

Reus best years are behind him and would you trust him at 33 to make the transistion from the Bundesliga to the PL? We've seen a lot of players in their prime struggle. It doesn't really fill you with confidence when the supposed other club in the mix is Al-Nassr.
A 33 year old who can't stay fit so save his life, absolute no brainer

Eplel

-Hey Elanga, do you want to play in the Championship next year or the Bundesliga?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Elanga should be sold and Pellestri promoted.

The Garner sale has proven smart, we need to get better at it.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Dortmund might be a decent move for him, gotta be more exciting than battling it out for relegation at Everton and Bournemouth.
What would you guys say about a swap deal with Elanga going for Moukokou?

I think Elanga would do really well for Dortmund. I think many look at him and deem that he doesn’t have any upside since his attempts in so many areas are fruitless. At the same time he is a 19-20 y/o and in the Premier League you certainly run a risk of running into bad streaks like that were nothing is going your way. Elanga is obviously short on confidence right now. There are so so many talents out there in the football world that are tremendously quick. We have a very good Youth Academy. Elanga is not a kid born without talent. Like its one thing to have a great first touch, and another to receive a pass in a perfect way in the Premier League when you are low on confidence with 70k in the stand and a fullback is putting pressure on you. Just look at like Dubranka looking like a amateur in some situations when he got a shot. My point is just that he has a lot of underlying quality that at this point doesn't pay off in the Premier League, isn't on obvious display. But for a team like Dortmund, if they could take him in, play him in a spot were he will have a lot of space and time (compared to the PL), and could build up his confidence and find the areas he comfortably can produce in, he could definitely turn into a very value player. Like "everything" else is already in place in terms of attitude, the fundamental result of going through great Youth Academy from like the age of 12 and so forth. His shot isn't bad at all.

There is no guarantee that we could convince Moukokou to sign with us though. But the timing of it would be great if Martial is having issues.

saivet

:houllier:
I haven't watched much of Dortmund since Sancho (and Haaland) left but even a couple of years ago he was a really good player and plays the no.10 role really well. If his fitness was there, I think he would be a good VDB replacement and would fit in with ETH's football. Seems to be a good character/leader too.

Maybe his injury record has improved but given its been so bad, I wouldn't go near him.

lysglimt

Scout
One of the big advantages with Weghorst is his injury-record - the guy has hardly missed a game over the last 7-8 seasons

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
I once represented a listed football team who was charged by the financial supervisory authority since they didn't ensure that insider information about a big transfer was kept confidential. Examples like this shows just how impossible it is to keep information about these things confidential. In this case, it is of course possible that these guys are just watching a good football game for the fun of it, but with the media getting a hold of tidbits from all possible sources, so much can be pieced together. We are so big that most transfers probably aren't insider information, but for most other teams its an issue. Like if West Ham was listed and got an offer of 150m for Declan Rice, its hard to argue that it wouldn't be insider information.

Alemar

I was just about to ask what’s happened to this guy? I haven’t seen him playing for Everton at all.
But even relegation fodder teams have competition for places. Apparently he just doesn’t perform well enough

WirralRed

But even relegation fodder teams have competition for places. Apparently he just doesn’t perform well enough
He looked good in the small cameo he came on against us, put a few dangerous balls in if I remember correctly.

NoPace

:houllier:
I guess I could see a 2 year deal if we want to loan out Amad to get a season of tier 1 football (Ligue 1 would be my guess) and sell Van Der Beek. Backup for Bruno, and then we sell McTominay and buy a #8 to properly backup Casemiro. Reus becomes the 3rd choice CF too as he can still do most of the stuff Martial does for us.

Bruno/Reus
Eriksen/Fred
Casemiro/DM

All these rumours (Reus, Tielemans) seem to point to Ten Hag looking to sign cheap options to afford a big signing at striker as he's been told the budget is closer to say 80M than 150M, though none of them are no brainers the way Eriksen was.

iato89

I guess I could see a 2 year deal if we want to loan out Amad to get a season of tier 1 football (Ligue 1 would be my guess) and sell Van Der Beek. Backup for Bruno, and then we sell McTominay and buy a #8 to properly backup Casemiro. Reus becomes the 3rd choice CF too as he can still do most of the stuff Martial does for us.

Bruno/Reus
Eriksen/Fred
Casemiro/DM

All these rumours (Reus, Tielemans) seem to point to Ten Hag looking to sign cheap options to afford a big signing at striker as he's been told the budget is closer to say 80M than 150M, though none of them are no brainers the way Eriksen was.
Not with new owners! The budget will be much bigger.

Eplel

I reckon we can offer De Gea considerably less money than what he earns now, considering nobody else will pay him nearly that much.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Romano corroborates Alex Crook's (Tier 4) report:
If we do a Moukokou for Elanga swap — we not only sort all issues out on both sides of the transfer, we also improve our earnings a lot. What value would each player be assigned in such swap, 20m? 25m? That is a straight profit for both clubs. Ka-ching.

Dannn411

Loan with no buy option but only because its Dortmund. Dortmund's an intriguing loan destination. Let's see if they can get something out of Elanga.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
No you’re not imagining it. He is
But not legal trouble, right? He has never played for a Dortmund youth team that wasn’t like an age group 5 years ahead of his listed age and only 2 caps for Germany’s youth side. The fact that he only has 2 youth caps — despite destroying all youth goal scoring records in Germany — must be evidence of that there are legit concerns about when he was born. Nigeria has been suspended from all youth football when using players with incorrect age listings.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Elanga must be worth around 15m easily, 6 months of Moukokou can’t be worth more than say 10m. Or?

But of course, it might not be as black and white as that.
Oh I meant just loan them to each other, by the looks of it Moukoko won't be signing a new contract there, leave Elanga there for 18 months and them loan us Moukoko for 6 months.

Nick7

But not legal trouble, right? He has never played for a Dortmund youth team that wasn’t like an age group 5 years ahead of his listed age and only 2 caps for Germany’s youth side. The fact that he only has 2 youth caps — despite destroying all youth goal scoring records in Germany — must be evidence of that there are legit concerns about when he was born. Nigeria has been suspended from all youth football when using players with incorrect age listings.
He was born in Cameroon not Nigeria, he has 11 youth caps for Germany and 2 senior caps for Germany.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
We need to remember how Januzaj's loan spell at Dortmund went. His spell didn't work so well, and he went further down the pecking order. Elanga, at the moment, is still quite raw, and Dortmund won't necessarily want to invest in his development unless they can get some added value out of it.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
We need to remember how Januzaj's loan spell at Dortmund went. His spell didn't work so well, and he went further down the pecking order. Elanga, at the moment, is still quite raw, and Dortmund won't necessarily want to invest in his development unless they can get some added value out of it.
Think only a straight sale make sense. Would Dortmund really invest in Elanga if they only had him for a loan?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Think only a straight sale make sense. Would Dortmund really invest in Elanga if they only had him for a loan?
I don't think so. They already have several young forwards in their lineup, so they don't necessarily need a straight-up loan for Elanga. If we do loan him out, then I wouldn't be surprised if Dortmund negotiate a purchase option into the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.