Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Luckhurst said the same about Martial last summer and probably the summer before. One day he might be right. Like a broken clock.

ti vu

Love it.

Following Pogba and Jesse are the rest of the mediocre shite we’ve overpaid for in recent years. Maguire especially will be gutted he always gave an impression that he was undroppable and now he’ll probably end up at Villa or West Ham. Lovely.
Don't jinx it by mentioning Lingard and Pogba though. Both left on free after squeezing every penny out of their contract with us while contribute little to none in their final season...

sepulturite

So I'm just curious since I don't have a twitter account and just saw some crap pages reporting it on Facebook, but have you seen any concrete reports to the rumours of 'he who cannot be mentioned on the caf' being sold in the summer @mazhar13 ?

sparx99

Luckhurst said the same about Martial last summer and probably the summer before. One day he might be right. Like a broken clock.
His next deal with us or whoever is going to be heavily based an appearances you would think.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
According to this, we're ruling out Sesko as he's not yet ready for the step up, whilst Tammy Abraham if one of our fallback options. I don't know about you, but whilst I like what Abraham offers, if we are going for all of the top honours, then we can do a bit better than him. Still, I'd much rather have Abraham than someone like Weghorst.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
According to this, we're ruling out Sesko as he's not yet ready for the step up, whilst Tammy Abraham if one of our fallback options. I don't know about you, but whilst I like what Abraham offers, if we are going for all of the top honours, then we can do a bit better than him. Still, I'd much rather have Abraham than someone like Weghorst.
Tammy would be a decent back up option but we need an elite striker we can have for at least 5 years.

Zoo

Also agree about Tammy Abraham. His contract is until 2026 so can’t imagine he’d be that cheap either. Surprised there was no mention of Gonçalo Ramos in Ducker’s article.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Also agree about Tammy Abraham. His contract is until 2026 so can’t imagine he’d be that cheap either. Surprised there was no mention of Gonçalo Ramos in Ducker’s article.
I'm not sure Ramos fits the profile of forward Ten Hag wants. Abraham would be okay, an improvement on current options, but unlikely to fire us to major trophies.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Didn't Napoli pay 75 mln pounds for Osimhen? I'd imagine he'd cost more than Kane, but would be the more exciting and long-term option as well.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Didn't Napoli pay 75 mln pounds for Osimhen? I'd imagine he'd cost more than Kane, but would be the more exciting and long-term option as well.
According to Gianluca di Marzio, Napoli paid €70m + €10m in bonuses. In relation to this transfer, Napoli also sold 4 of their players for a total of €20m (no bonuses). Therefore, Napoli only paid €50m in cash guaranteed + gave away 4 players. This deal came under scrutiny by the Italian authorities due to those 4 Lille-bound players potentially being overvalued.

Personally, Osimhen has more long-term potential, but Kane's a better all-around package for now. Osimhen can't create chances like Kane can for other forwards.

KiD MoYeS

Yeah, I think Osimhen would be crazy money and is very unlikely to happen this summer. Abraham could work in the short-term.

croadyman

Would be over the moon with either,like Kane because could help us win things whilst Casa,Varane & Bruno in prime

On the other hand intrigued to see what Erik's top class coaching could get out of Osimhen given the opportunity

sparx99

Osimhen hasn’t had the best injury record so far so that is some concern.

Kane has never relied on outright pace and given what Benzema and Lewandowski have been able to do long into their 30’s it does make you wonder if 5-6 years of Kane might be the better choice overall.

The United

If we are looking at the short term (why would ETH or any manager want to wait unnecessarily long to win some trophies? ), Kane would be perfect. It will give us more time to build the squad while making us a stronger team immediately. But the biggest issue here is that we don't know if we'll have enough money this summer to afford him or whoever the top strikers are that we're after.

croadyman

Osimhen hasn’t had the best injury record so far so that is some concern.

Kane has never relied on outright pace and given what Benzema and Lewandowski have been able to do long into their 30’s it does make you wonder if 5-6 years of Kane might be the better choice overall.
Hasn't Osimhen's only injury problems so far been a COVID illness and that broken cheekbone but could be totally wrong on that

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Not been following Serie A. Has Abraham suddenly picked up form? He was shite up to Xmas wasn’t he? Isn’t he just a bit shite in general? Would be a good replacement for Weghorst, but surely not a regular starter for United…

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Not been following Serie A. Has Abraham suddenly picked up form? He was shite up to Xmas wasn’t he? Isn’t he just a bit shite in general? Would be a good replacement for Weghorst, but surely not a regular starter for United…
3 goals 2 assista since the restart so no not really.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 1:
Ansu Fati [is] worried about his role in the team.
  • Several European clubs have called his agent: interested in his current situation.
  • In the sporting department, they assure that he is NOT for sale.
Translation:

The extra details were discussed in the radio show tonight:

KiD MoYeS

Exactly what we need. Another winger. Fati should only be an option if Garnacho doesn't extend, which is looking unlikely.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Official: Tom Wooster joins non-league team Ramsbottom United on loan. He already played a match for them a couple of days ago and came up with an important save to prevent his team from losing.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Official: Tom Wooster joins non-league team Ramsbottom United on loan. He already played a match for them a couple of days ago and came up with an important save to prevent his team from losing.
I didn't know Ramsbottom had a football team!

Adnan

Talent Spotter

The Belgian journo is followed by the players club Royal Antwerp on twitter. The player in question is said to be a defensive midfielder.

onemanarmy

The Belgian journo is followed by the players club Royal Antwerp on twitter. The player in question is said to be a defensive midfielder.
Massive talent. Him and Romeo Lavia will be the future Belgian 6 and 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.