Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ti vu

The Belgian journo is followed by the players club Royal Antwerp on twitter. The player in question is said to be a defensive midfielder.
IIRC he just signed a long contract extension few days ago.

So if we're interested, it's not signing for summer. It's still just monitoring until he's next available.

Baxquux

Does his contract extension have a release clause though ( even with clubs potentially using r.c. as leverage to offer ;lower wages I 'm not sure why more promising young players at non top-tier clubs/leagues don't get these inserted)?

Also, how is he against whatever version of the 'press' he's faced so far? Does he need to find clear pockets of space through movement to receive and distribute or would he potentially play well, coached enough, against the kind of PED-style hyper-press we saw Leeds play a couple of days ago amidst the hurly burly?

Ekeke

The Belgian journo is followed by the players club Royal Antwerp on twitter. The player in question is said to be a defensive midfielder.
Balikwisha from Royal Antwerp is one to keep an eye on while we're at it 21 year old left winger and Pacho a 21 year old CB too

Then Vandervoordt a 20 year old keeper who starts for top of the table Genk while we're looking in Belgium too

jeepers

I thought this kid was Leipzig bound?
You are right, he is. If we get new owners, we could actually buy him over before he even plays for them. Similar to the Sesko rumours, but not that we’ve been linked with him unfortunately.

Here's where the old Antwerp relationship would have come in handy
What actually happened to the partnership?

I’ve read online (Daily Mirror) that “
The partnership was active for 12 years from 1997 but ended in 2009 with Antwerp, according to the Daily Mirror, “citing problems they had in fulfilling their financial commitments to United’s loanees”.

Doesn’t the parent club cover the wages and costs?

Also wonder why we scrapped the feeder club system.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
You are right, he is. If we get new owners, we could actually buy him over before he even plays for them. Similar to the Sesko rumours, but not that we’ve been linked with him unfortunately.

What actually happened to the partnership?

I’ve read online (Daily Mirror) that “
The partnership was active for 12 years from 1997 but ended in 2009 with Antwerp, according to the Daily Mirror, “citing problems they had in fulfilling their financial commitments to United’s loanees”.

Doesn’t the parent club cover the wages and costs?

Also wonder why we scrapped the feeder club system.
Not really sure, I think we didn't really get a great deal out of it at the time too. I don't think Antwerp were as good then either.

MUFC OK

Just had a look at his highlights and looks unbelievably special. Get AV25 on the phone to him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Among the best in MLS is a bit like saying among the best in the English 2nd division. Not entirely inspirational stuff when in the mix to be keeper of the biggest club in the world.
You say that, but historically, MLS keepers have done well in the prem.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Who are they?
Keller, Freidel, Howard when MLS wasn't as good and Steffen, Turner were/are able deputies. Slonina got bought by Chelsea, so I think that's the one position they tend to produce pretty good players in, consistently.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Keller, Freidel, Howard when MLS wasn't as good and Steffen, Turner were/are able deputies. Slonina got bought by Chelsea, so I think that's the one position they tend to produce pretty good players in, consistently.
There's also Marcus Hahnemann, who was a dependable PL keeper for Reading and then Wolves.

Gazza

Interesting that discussions with De Gea are mentioned in that group of advancing negotiations. De Gea hasn't been linked to any other teams and there haven't been many strong links between United and any particular keeper as far as I know, the winter Yann Sommer links being the exception.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tier 1 (yeah, he mainly reports for Barcelona, but he's still incredibly reliable):
Manchester United have reached a five-year (2028) agreement with Alejandro Garnacho pending the finalisation of details of his image rights contract. The English club intends to close the issue before the club is sold.
In English:

EDIT: Rob Dawson (Tier 2) did contribute to this report, which explains why Llorens is the author.

lysglimt

Scout
Garnacho, DDG, Shaw and Rashford are not the 4 players you want running down their contracts - so I hope this get sorted quickly

Donut

Tier 1 (yeah, he mainly reports for Barcelona, but he's still incredibly reliable):

In English:

EDIT: Rob Dawson (Tier 2) did contribute to this report, which explains why Llorens is the author.
This gets reported every month. Hopefully it turns out true eventually.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This gets reported every month. Hopefully it turns out true eventually.
This is the first time we're seeing a report of a new 5-year deal being agreed to. The past reports were just about United and Garnacho making progress on a new deal with no info being reported on what the terms were.

Status
Not open for further replies.