Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Kane fits better in my opinion. A more all round striker, intelligent, creative as well as a goalscorer.

He's also a much safer bet as he's 100% prem-proven, and will be £30-40m cheaper.
Does Osimhen not give us an alternative pacy goalscorer to Rashford,also has his peak years still ahead of him and would be nightmare for Premier League defences.

skc_18

Kane fits better in my opinion. A more all round striker, intelligent, creative as well as a goalscorer.

He's also a much safer bet as he's 100% prem-proven, and will be £30-40m cheaper.
I dont think there is truth in this at all.
Kane would command more joining bonus and higher wages(atleast 100-150k more than Osimhen) as he is in his final big contract. So over five years we are looking at atleast 30-40m more than Osimhen wages. So, even if Kane is bought for 75m and Osimhen for 120m , financially Osimhen deal is better because he still will be an asset after 5 years.

If we assume Osimhen and Kane would offer same output then Osimhen is a no brainer. But I think Kane would be an instant impact for us and would help in getting premier league title, but I havent watched much of Osimhen either.

croadyman

Kane would command more joining bonus and higher wages(atleast 100-150k more than Osimhen) as he is in his final big contract. So over five years we are looking at atleast 30-40m more than Osimhen wages. So, even if Kane is bought for 75m and Osimhen for 120m , financially Osimhen deal is better because he still will be an asset after 5 years.

If we assume Osimhen and Kane would offer same output then Osimhen is a no brainer. But I think Kane would be an instant impact for us and would help in getting premier league title, but I havent watched much of Osimhen either.
Yeah like someone said the other day this dilemma is very much that RVP and Lewandowski one from 2012 under Fergie all over again

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Osimhen is quick, aggressive and presses well. I think ETH will favour a move for him. Whether we have the money for him is a different story.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Kane occupies Brunos position a lot. I still say we will go for Victor first
I think Kane has dropped deep more in recent seasons just because Spurs haven't had a #10 worth a feck for a good while, so he has to do everything himself.

He had his best goalscoring seasons with Eriksen and Alli filling those areas, which let him play more like a typical #9 than he does now. I'm sure he can go back to that with the service he'd get here.

croadyman

Osimhen is quick, aggressive and presses well. I think ETH will favour a move for him. Whether we have the money for him is a different story.
Oh yeah we need new owners funds to get him absolutely no doubt about that whatsoever,mainly because can't see Napoli selling for much under €140m including addons

croadyman

I think Kane has dropped deep more in recent seasons just because Spurs haven't had a #10 worth a feck for a good while, so he has to do everything himself.

He had his best goalscoring seasons with Eriksen and Alli filling those areas, which let him play more like a typical #9 than he does now. I'm sure he can go back to that with the service he'd get here.
IF Osimhen was all set on a PSG/Bayern/
Real/Barca then would be all in for Kane,however seems to want Premier League so can't afford to let him end up at a rival like Haaland going to City.

saivet

A loan for Elanga? Seems like now would be the time to cash in and make some money.
I would imagine we'll only send Elanga on loan if there isn't much interest, or a club isn't willing to pay what we want. He's hardly played for us and even less so since the January transfer window so I think it's fairly clear he's not in ETH's plan.

redcucumber

Why would City want Osimhen? Makes zero sense.
Doesn't Haaland's release clause kick in next summer? Maybe they are lining it up so Osimhen comes in as an immediate replacement. Don't think he'd suit them more than he would us, though.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Doesn't Haaland's release clause kick in next summer? Maybe they are lining it up so Osimhen comes in as an immediate replacement. Don't think he'd suit them more than he would us, though.
Think the more likely explanation would be that Plettenberg knows feck all.

Tarrou

I think this is all posturing by Spurs and convinced he’ll leave this summer

levy drives a hard bargain but no way he’ll risk him going on a free

and I just can’t see Kane renewing after the debacle last summer

Drizzle

Tier 2:
Translation - 'we would absolutely love to sign Harry Kane but we're not going to be held over a barrel. Good luck to Spurs with finding another buyer in this market. Of course, if they were to lower the price a little and bring forward a deal....'

croadyman

Translation - 'we would absolutely love to sign Harry Kane but we're not going to be held over a barrel. Good luck to Spurs with finding another buyer in this market. Of course, if they were to lower the price a little and bring forward a deal....'
Yeah that's what they are saying reading between the lines,however still hope we prioritise a move for Osimhen

Dazzmondo

Tier 2:
Never heard of this guy despite being Tier 2. The inclusion of City makes me think this is bs. Also think it's very obvious that we are interested in Kane so his suggestion otherwise would lead me to discount anything this guy says.

Status
Not open for further replies.