Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

Yes Fred was great but that does not change the fact that De Jong was one of the better players, especially at Old Trafford he was one of the best players on the field for both teams.
He really wasn’t.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yes Fred was great but that does not change the fact that De Jong was one of the better players, especially at Old Trafford he was one of the best players on the field for both teams.
He was decent nothing more. Same as in Qatar for Holland. Fairly mediocre.

He's been built up by some on here as a world beater. He isn't.

Dannn411

Just about fed up with this obsession with De Jong. Yes he's a good player but he's hardly the only player in history that can pass and move well. We get dominated by so many midfielders these days. We literally watched another one yesterday, Palhinha. Literally any one of them could step in and do the exact same job just as well and improve us.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Just about fed up with this obsession with De Jong. Yes he's a good player but he's hardly the only player in history that can pass and move well. We get dominated by so many midfielders these days. We literally watched another one yesterday, Palhinha. Literally any one of them could step in and do the exact same job just as well and improve us.
Yup. Spot on.

We get frequently dominated in the middle by bang average teams

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
£35m would be a fantastic deal for us. Probably come to summer and they will ask for a loan though. Hahaha

mainoo era

Not having richest club in world trying to lowball us by offering to take him on loan
he is not a starter though.....gordon was younger and has the potential to improve ....i think we should sell for 25-30 mil...anything more and murtough should get a statue

Smores

If they signed Gordon for £40m then he’s at least worth £45m. Much more experience and better player.
Doesn't work like that, clubs know we're trying to offload him. We'll just end up stuck with him and then sell him for even less later.

SecondFig

Doesn't work like that, clubs know we're trying to offload him. We'll just end up stuck with him and then sell him for even less later.
Yeah, suspect he'd go for c.£25m. Would be delighted if we got 30m for him, no way we get more than Gordon went for (though I think NUFC overpaid for Gordon)

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
£35m would be a fantastic deal for us. Probably come to summer and they will ask for a loan though. Hahaha
By the philosophy that everything is leaked for a reason, ‘Newcastle want McT for 35m’ means nobody is interested in him and we are trying to create a buzz by leaking made up rumors… ;)

Speako

McT’s price will be interesting, if £50m Longstaff is their benchmark…

Lyng

Not sure why so many want FDJ. He's not even that good for starters and he clearly isn't interested in us. He wants to stay in Spain and his Mrs I think wants to stay there even more.

Time to move on guys.
He is the perfect midfielder for us partnered with Casemiro. He is extremely press resistant, something neither of our other options is. As a deeplying playmaker he is one of the best in the world. Just have a look at his stats.

Remember the geese

I'd prefer a different profile of centre back to Disasi. Ideally a 'wonderkid' type who would allow us to rest/rotate Varane, with the view of becoming his long term successor. Someone like Antonio Silva or Ousmane Diomande perhaps.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The source for those who are interested (Tier 3):
  • A meeting took place about a fortnight ago between the player's entourage and Manchester United.
  • Monaco are ready to sell him for €50m.
  • Other PL clubs are also interested.
Whenever I've watched Axel Disasi, he never really looked like a €50m defender to me. He's okay, but I don't expect him to be a starter if he comes in here. I wouldn't be surprised if United are keeping tabs on him to take Bailly's spot in the squad as a backup option.

lysglimt

Scout
I am sceptical to a player whose last name almost spells Disaster. And after watching the video, I get Bailly-vibes.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Unless he can immediately displace varane or Martinez I don't want tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.