Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Yes the reports suggested it would be part of the wages not full
Sport Witness reported via the original article a few days back that it'll be the full salary, not partial. Maybe there's been an update since then, and if so, I'd like know where you're getting the info from.
Even though Manchester United could afford his huge salary, it’s said it’s hard to ‘imagine’ the Red Devils affording a big transfer fee as well. That’s why the outlet says the solution could be a loan with the Premier League side covering his entire salary.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

skc_18

My bad, I just read it back and I misunderstood.

and in that case, it's a big no for me
I dont think Neymar will sign for us but assuming he, PSG and Utd wants to sign not sure why his wage(40m) will be a problem, especially if Eth thinks Neymar will be a good signing.

If we want to sign top players of Neymar ability we have to pay close to 350k (I think Kane wages will also come to this number) atleast in wages ,which itself will come to 20m per year. So we are just paying 20m as loan fee which I think is not too bad for players of Neymar ability.

Sure, (on top of how he will fit in Eth's playing style) there will be question on what is the point of this loan, would he joining next season if this loan is good and how much would he cost then and would these wages will be included in the fee etc ..

skc_18

My bad, I just read it back and I misunderstood.

and in that case, it's a big no for me
Yes the reports suggested it would be part of the wages not full
The info comes from Tobi Altschäffl (Tier 1):

Tier 2 corroboration:
It would be hilarious if Bayern sign Rabiot on free and we sign Sabitzer for a fee :)

Always thought Kane transfer made most sense to Bayern and would be good for all the parties involved. Bayern missed Lewa and would need a good striker to finish all the chances they create.

Chairman Steve

Alvarez would have started every game upfront for us this season. It’s kind of an eventuality that if you have two great options for one position of a similar age that one’s going to want to leave.

It’s hilarious and ridiculous seeing how City had both Haaland and Alvarez to choose from and we had Martial and Weghorst.

croadyman

Alvarez would have started every game upfront for us this season. It’s kind of an eventuality that if you have two great options for one position of a similar age that one’s going to want to leave.

It’s hilarious and ridiculous seeing how City had both Haaland and Alvarez to choose from and we had Martial and Weghorst.
Yeah he would have scored plenty for us,clearly he is content to be Haaland lackey

Lynty

Despite his injury record, man child antics, age - I’d love to see Neymar here.

Absolute baller and I’m really not convinced on other striker targets

The only issue is the wages and if it would impact other incomings.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

The clubs have officials who know better. Simple.

OmarUnited4ever

I dont think Neymar will sign for us but assuming he, PSG and Utd wants to sign not sure why his wage(40m) will be a problem, especially if Eth thinks Neymar will be a good signing.

If we want to sign top players of Neymar ability we have to pay close to 350k (I think Kane wages will also come to this number) atleast in wages ,which itself will come to 20m per year. So we are just paying 20m as loan fee which I think is not too bad for players of Neymar ability.

Sure, (on top of how he will fit in Eth's playing style) there will be question on what is the point of this loan, would he joining next season if this loan is good and how much would he cost then and would these wages will be included in the fee etc ..
I am not questioning Neymar's ability, but PSG paid 220M for Neymar, and they pay him 40M a year in wages, this is beyond what we can afford, the only option i see it making sense for the club money wise is for PSG to cover his full wages and we pay a loan fee, say 10M and maybe a bit more if some conditions are met like Neymar scoring 30 goals or making 40 full appearances, otherwise we can't take on his wages, or even part of it, or buy him outright, he is way too expensive for us, even if the Qataris buy the club, it would still be prudent not to waste money on Neymar.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I just can't figure out whats more outrageous in this article , that United are willing to make a bid of £55m for Mason fecking Mount or Chelsea Value him at £85m.
The world's gone mad I swear. Hopefully the madness is restricted to the publisher's imagination!

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
I guess he could help us mount a title challenge ..

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The world's gone mad I swear. Hopefully the madness is restricted to the publisher's imagination!
The guy who wrote it is Mokbel and even though he writes for the Mail he's supposed to be decent. He was quite reliable during the Sancho saga.

gajender

Though I can believe Our interest in him at stretch due to his contract situation but the figures mentioned can't be anything more than Journalists wild imagination atleast I hope so .

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Club name being used to drive up price obviously. We don't have ownership sorted so are almost certainly not finalising any deals.

cyberman

Might make sense if the clear out leaves us short of home grown numbers maybe?

SecondFig

I actually quite like Mount - think he can play in a few positions in midfield, and if we could get him for 55m - great. BUT, a) I doubt we could get him that cheap, and b) I doubt we'll sign anyone until ownership is resolved

Dazzmondo

I actually quite like Mount - think he can play in a few positions in midfield, and if we could get him for 55m - great. BUT, a) I doubt we could get him that cheap, and b) I doubt we'll sign anyone until ownership is resolved
How exactly is £55m considered cheap for someone who's had a terrible season and has only 1 year left on his contract?

RyRy11

I give up with this club if we sign Mount for £55m. I wouldn't even pay half of that.

Dazzmondo

It would be nice if we could get a good fee for AWB after his good performances this season. I'd probably rather keep him for specific games where we might need a more defensive full back but ETH has clearly wanted a massive change at rb for a long time and based on how little we've offered from the right side I can understand it. I think Antony will be helped a lot by having an overlapping rb option he can pass to rather than always having to cut onto his left every single time. Think getting Frimpong in would improve us more than most would think, mostly from a structural perspective.

Uniquim

Do we need English players for homegrown quotas or something? Tom Huddlestone is the only senior british player ten Hag have signed so far.
Honestly don't think we're after either of them two. Either they're part of a long list of players we're looking at, or it's a diffusion leak to have less attention on links to actual targets.

Edit: or the leaks are coming from agents/player side to drum up interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.