Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source (Tier 1): Loïc Tanzi

Other teams interested in Neymar: Chelsea & Newcastle United

This is most likely PSG trying to stir up some interest by reaching out to other clubs and asking them if they'd be open to acquiring Neymar. PSG are also open to letting Neymar go on loan with a PL team covering his full salary.

Gavinb33

This is most likely PSG trying to stir up some interest by reaching out to other clubs and asking them if they'd be open to acquiring Neymar. PSG are also open to letting Neymar go on loan with a PL team covering his full salary.
If we sign Neymar we'll never be a serious club again

Widow

I don't believe it for a second.

Levi1

If there's a premier league club stupid enough to do this, it's Chelsea. If there are two, us

Matt007a

I said this before but I just can’t see ETH wanting Neymar. One of our biggest problems when he arrived was having players of the wrong mentality and buying Neymar would not help!

Dazzmondo

While I'd love to watch Neymar in the Premier League, I don't want that to be at Utd

Waynne

There is an existing thread on the football forum: Kang-In Lee - Valencia Prodigy
Can play CM, LM, LW, CAM Mallorca has been using him on the left-sided midfield/winger primarily this season.

Very good at dribbling, ball retention, passing. He's the talisman on a mid-table Mallorca side which would be at the bottom of the La Liga table without him.

Fbref stats - Kang-in Lee

I think he'd do well in deputizing for Eriksen or Bruno. Very much compared to David Silva in terms of technical ability.
Would be a welcome signing and quite reasonable as his buyout is listed at €20M.

I believe it would be better for his growth if he went to a mid-tier PL team like Wolves or Villa,
but then again if you're looking to buy cheap and develop - now would be the time to buy.

According to Matteo Moretto, we had someone make 1st contact directly with his agent - to gauge interest from the player in coming to play for us.
This is pure speculation on my part, but Kang-in grew up idolizing PJS so if United came knocking, he'd probably be receptive.
From his youtube highlights he looks a tidy player and press resistant. Great feet as well.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
In relation to this (Tier 1):
Neymar is open to a change of team and PSG would not keep him. On the contrary, the French club is waiting for suitable offers.

As of today, there are NO concrete and deepened contacts with any club.

Only some contacts with Neymar's father, but any situation is rather premature.
Translation:

lysglimt

Scout
If we can get him on loan - and he is not the only striker we sign, sure. I dont like him and he is injured too much - but you cant deny that he is pure quality. So if the risk financially is fairly small - yeah I will take him

Red Rash

I don't believe for a moment we will sign Neymar but if we were after him it probably helps having Casemiro, Antony and Fred in the team as there will be a Brazilian contingent to help him settle. We also have a fair few Spanish and Portuguese speakers which also wouldn't harm our chances.

saivet

Neymar as a false 9 option could potentially be brilliant. His injury record, transfer fee, wages and age make it a fantasy thought. I'd worry about his motivation in all of this too and how long he wants to or is capable of playing at the top level. This is not a Cristiano Ronaldo at 31 we are talking about.

Nero

This Plettenberg clown links us with a different player every day.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
There’s just no way. We are not selling Antony and are not spending 70m on a back-up RW. Nor are we playing him on the LW.

Plettenburg needs to calm down.
Keep in mind that he's only talking about the club monitoring Diaby's situation. This is particularly important as Diaby's been pushing to leave the club, so there's potential for a bargain deal here.

When it comes to our winger situation, I don't expect us to make a move unless we lose one of Rashford or Garnacho (or both). Until then, I'm not expecting us to really go in for Diaby even if he becomes available for a cheaper amount.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Depends on the loan fee since the bit I responded to says PSG will cover full wages, so 10M fee is not that bad
I think you misunderstood my statement: PSG won't be covering the full wages if he's loaned out. If United were to bring him in on loan, for example, then they'll have to cover his full wages.

peridigm

Neymar as a false 9 option could potentially be brilliant. His injury record, transfer fee, wages and age make it a fantasy thought. I'd worry about his motivation in all of this too and how long he wants to or is capable of playing at the top level. This is not a Cristiano Ronaldo at 31 we are talking about.
He also has his annual sabbatical for his sister's birthday.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think you misunderstood my statement: PSG won't be covering the full wages if he's loaned out. If United were to bring him in on loan, for example, then they'll have to cover his full wages.
Not that there is any truth is the rumours, but why make this up when this is not what was reported?

OmarUnited4ever

My bad, I just read it back and I misunderstood.

and in that case, it's a big no for me

Status
Not open for further replies.