Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

peridigm

I'm paying less attention to transfer rumors at this time. These journos are slinging shit at a wall and making the rest up. Worst case scenario is the Glazer's don't sell. We all know what the transfer window will look like and Neymar sure as shit ain't jumping through it to OT.
I'd be more worried about Neymar if Sheik Jassim buys the club. Even then, it's not very likely we'll see Neymar at United for good reasons.

Mount? underwhelming to say the least.

RU Devil

Rather keep AWB than not, unless a big bid comes in. He's improving under ETH and not sure we have the budget to target a decent RB.

Concerning Mount, he's not a bad option, just misused. Can't see bidding more than 30mil, though. Chelsea are in a bad position financially with a bloated squad plus he's known to have knocked back renewal attempts. Him & Rabiot would be a good, cheap summer for midfield reinforcements. Actually would rather one of them be Lavia, but who knows what Southampton prices him at.

Get KMJ for his buy out clause plus prime striker at 100mil, then get sales out around 50mil and there's your 150mil summer budget.

dpansheth

Tweet is gone , initially claiming that Frimpong is joining United at the end of the season.
so removing the link

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
PSG's also interested in Randal Kolo Muani. Tier 1:
PSG have already made an offer for Bernardo Silva. Manchester City and the Portuguese will wait until the end of the season to decide.

The player is focused on the Champions League final and has not yet given his OK.

PSG have Bernardo as a priority target, but also Randal Kolo Muani to reinforce their attack.

Translation:

redshaw

PSG's also interested in Randal Kolo Muani. Tier 1:

Translation:

Is there any Manchester United info here? Bernardo Silva to PSG should be in another the other thread.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Is there any Manchester United info here? Bernardo Silva to PSG should be in another the other thread.
Randal Kolo Muani, who United are monitoring, is also drawing strong interest from PSG. I'd have put this in the England/Scotland thread if Kolo Muani wasn't mentioned.

redshaw

Randal Kolo Muani, who United are monitoring, is also drawing strong interest from PSG. I'd have put this in the England/Scotland thread if Kolo Muani wasn't mentioned.
With how many players we're linked with I don't think that counts but regarding Bernardo to PSG tweet, it's one large separate tweet that has nothing United related. The second tweet alone would be better.

Browsing through this thread is like viewing City Bayern wallpaper.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
With how many players we're linked with I don't think that counts but regarding Bernardo to PSG tweet, it's one large separate tweet that has nothing United related. The second tweet alone would be better.

Browsing through this thread is like viewing City Bayern wallpaper.
Keep in mind that Bayern Munich is United's direct competitor for various striker targets. Their transfer activities will play a big part in whether United can acquire their desired striker targets or not.

Also, regarding posting the 2nd Tweet by itself, I'll keep that in mind for the future, but I will always provide the source of the aggregator's info even if its main focus isn't necessarily relevant to United.

VWW

is there a reason why theres no Mason Mount transfer thread or are my eyes deceiving me?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Why do Chelsea (potentially) want to sell Mount?
Chelsea want to keep Mount. It's the player himself who wants to leave as Chelsea aren't offering him the the salary that he feels he deserves. Currently, Mount's one of the lower-earning players in the team (£80k/week), and Chelsea aren't necessarily willing to give him a high enough wage (Mount wants a salary that's close to if not matching what Reece James is getting, which is ~£250k/week). There are other issues that complicate matters, such as the new contract length, image rights, and other unfavourable clauses, but the salary itself is the biggest problem.

Mount's contract expires next year, so Chelsea will likely not want to lose out on both a transfer fee and the FFP benefits by selling him.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Chelsea want to keep Mount. It's the player himself who wants to leave as Chelsea aren't offering him the the salary that he feels he deserves. Currently, Mount's one of the lower-earning players in the team (£80k/week), and Chelsea aren't necessarily willing to give him a high enough wage (Mount wants a salary that's close to if not matching what Reece James is getting, which is ~£250k/week). There are other issues that complicate matters, such as the new contract length, image rights, and other unfavourable clauses, but the salary itself is the biggest problem.

Mount's contract expires next year, so Chelsea will likely not want to lose out on both a transfer fee and the FFP benefits by selling him.
I see. Chelsea should hire me as their advisor. I‘ll simply tell them to give him 160 - 200k base plus bonus plus big sign-on fee/bonus. Problem solved.

gajender

Sounds like this is pretty much done tbh. I guess I will learn to love him
I'll actually wait for likes of Ducker, Whitwell and Stone for confirmation as good as Ornstein is he isn't usually the one used by United when it comes to leaking it's transfer news .

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Keep in mind that, despite Mount's preference to join United, United have yet to commence any work on this transfer. Their first priority is to sign a starting striker, and the rest of their priorities will depend on the ownership situation.

edcunited1878

Keep in mind that, despite Mount's preference to join United, United have yet to commence any work on this transfer. Their first priority is to sign a starting striker, and the rest of their priorities will depend on the ownership situation.
It's all being pushed out by Mount and being enabled by Chelsea. United, as you said, haven't done anything and why should they. The player wants to join the club and both sides are happy to wait, if United is really interested for the correct transfer fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.