Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nainaisson

Kane isn’t going to Real.

He wants to stay in the PL and beat Shearer’s all-time PL scoring record.

If he comes to United he’ll have the record in 2/3 years.
He'd need to be a special kind of stupid to turn down Real Madrid so he can break some stupid record and be stuck with a mediocre team.

nainaisson

You think United will be mediocre with him over the next 3 years?
I was referring to him being stuck with Spurs for another season. I wouldn't turn down Real Madrid for the chance of playing for Man Utd two seasons from now, given how many things can change between now and then.

Woziak

No thanks
We need to get rid but knowing how tight United are they will want to get as much as they can, it’s obvious he can’t pay for the club again, but we will try and get £25m minimum as again it’s pure profit as he cost the club nothing and instantly increases the transfer budget.

Woziak

Starting to fear more and more that Kane's going to go to Real and we're going to gamble on Hojlund and Rashford to deliver our goals. Could see that being a disaster
This is almost a given because we want the striker in early which makes me believe we are looking at a Marquee Signing at left wing probably a loan for Neymar.

Woziak

No way he's going to this Chelsea side this window
It depends on ownership, if SJ comes in I could see him making this a marquee signing at end of window, this deal will not be done easily due to cost plus surely the player wants CL football?

Dazzmondo

We currently have Martial and Weghorst, how could buying a promising young striker be a disaster in comparison?
You're assuming Rashford will match 30 goals next season. He's had a pretty poor end to the season imo. If we can't rely on him to match that target and are relying on a young striker with 9 goals this season we're going to struggle

Baxquux

I was referring to him being stuck with Spurs for another season. I wouldn't turn down Real Madrid for the chance of playing for Man Utd two seasons from now, given how many things can change between now and then.
Well, one season. And if he turns down Madrid this time around, he can still sign for any club in European football in 2024 - regardless of whether he's 30 going on 31 by then, there isn't a top club that turns him down as a first team squad option for free unless he starts asking for Messi/Mbappe level wages; even then, at most he might have to compromise on wages to secure a place at one compared with another, less 'attractive' one who might be more desperate for him.

Summer '24, there's a chance that Madrid pay Haaland's release clause, opening up City, and if not then there's a good chance we're established as title challengers, so he picks us, or Liverpool are back competing for the title, so them, and so forth. City might still be in front but there'll always be at least one other side genuinely competing at some level, and he can basically just sign for them, whoever it is, if he's so intent on breaking the record whilst having a genuine chance at the league.

Dazzmondo

Kane isn’t going to Real.

He wants to stay in the PL and beat Shearer’s all-time PL scoring record.

If he comes to United he’ll have the record in 2/3 years.
If it's a case of Real this season or waiting with Spurs another season I fear he'll choose Real tbh. If the choice was between Real and us this summer I think he would choose us. I'm not sure if he'll have that choice though

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If it's a case of Real this season or waiting with Spurs another season I fear he'll choose Real tbh. If the choice was between Real and us this summer I think he would choose us. I'm not sure if he'll have that choice though
They were also going to push again for Mbappe at some point no?

Remember the geese

We need to get rid but knowing how tight United are they will want to get as much as they can, it’s obvious he can’t pay for the club again, but we will try and get £25m minimum as again it’s pure profit as he cost the club nothing and instantly increases the transfer budget.
I think we ultimately will sell. Perhaps after a loan move first. I'd much rather we integrated him back into the side though.

Dazzmondo

They were also going to push again for Mbappe at some point no?
From what I've heard that's the plan for 2024. Kane seems to have become their biggest priority after Benzema decided to leave for Saudi Arabia

RORY65

You're assuming Rashford will match 30 goals next season. He's had a pretty poor end to the season imo. If we can't rely on him to match that target and are relying on a young striker with 9 goals this season we're going to struggle
That's fair, there will likely be some regression there although I don't think it will be to where he was last year. I guess my thinking is if we can't get a truly elite striker like Kane or Osimhen, both of which seem highly unlikely, then I think we're better off going for one of the younger options (Ferguson, who I don't think is available, or Hojlund) rather than going for someone who is better now but with a lower ceiling. The aim for next season will still be to finish in the top 4 and have a run in one of the cup competitions, I don't think that would be beyond us if we went for someone like him and made decent signings in other areas.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
From what I've heard that's the plan for 2024. Kane seems to have become their biggest priority after Benzema decided to leave for Saudi Arabia
I dont see Kane abandoning the PL record. It's the only iconic moment he can hang his hat on for all the work hes done in England.

Dazzmondo

That's fair, there will likely be some regression there although I don't think it will be to where he was last year. I guess my thinking is if we can't get a truly elite striker like Kane or Osimhen, both of which seem highly unlikely, then I think we're better off going for one of the younger options (Ferguson, who I don't think is available, or Hojlund) rather than going for someone who is better now but with a lower ceiling. The aim for next season will still be to finish in the top 4 and have a run in one of the cup competitions, I don't think that would be beyond us if we went for someone like him and made decent signings in other areas.
We should be paying whatever it takes to get either Kane or Osimhen. I'm not against getting Hojlund, but honestly we should be cutting investment in players like Mount to ensure we have the money to fix by far our biggest weakness. Worth overpaying on a position that's holding us back so much. Kane alone would make us into title challengers imo (not saying we'd win but we'd be 2nd at least imo). If Hojlund is our only striker signing I wouldn't just assume top 4 is guaranteed and it's very difficult to see a realistic title challenge next season.

Dazzmondo

I dont see Kane abandoning the PL record. It's the only iconic moment he can hang his hat on for all the work hes done in England.
He could easily win La Liga and the Champions League. In fact it's probably the best side he could join to win a CL. That would be iconic. He could easily come back to England after Real to break the record also btw

Baxquux

He could easily win La Liga and the Champions League. In fact it's probably the best side he could join to win a CL. That would be iconic. He could easily come back to England after Real to break the record also btw
He'd rather win the PL (over La Liga), and more to the point he can afford to wait another year in principle and still make that decision which one to prioritize; Zlatan's just retired at 42; Ronaldo was scoring regularly at the top level until 37; Benzama's 35 and hit another 30 goals this season; Lewa similar. He could easily win 4-5 domestic trophies at a top club between 2024 and 2028/9, especially if he goes to City ...or if Pep leaves City and United/Liverpool retake top spot or start winning every other year along with a cup or two.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If we were planning to sign him and expected to get 5 good years out of him, he certainly can come back and get the record later in his career.

Dazzmondo

He'd rather win the PL (over La Liga), and more to the point he can afford to wait another year in principle and still make that decision which one to prioritize; Zlatan's just retired at 42; Ronaldo was scoring regularly at the top level until 37; Benzama's 35 and hit another 30 goals this season; Lewa similar. He could easily win 4-5 domestic trophies at a top club between 2024 and 2028/9, especially if he goes to City ...or if Pep leaves City and United/Liverpool retake top spot or start winning every other year along with a cup or two.
You don't know that he'd rather that. Also, he's not going to join City, so he could actually end up winning no domestic trophies, or at least no league trophies. Utd's probably the best English team he could join whether this season or next but right now we're a long way behind City. He'd bring us much closer but it's a risk and he'd be throwing away another year of his career for no real reason. Also, as you said, if he's playing that late in his career he can always rejoin the league to challenge for the PL after Real and also beat Shearer's record.

Baxquux

You don't know that he'd rather that. Also, he's not going to join City, so he could actually end up winning no domestic trophies, or at least no league trophies. Utd's probably the best English team he could join whether this season or next but right now we're a long way behind City. He'd bring us much closer but it's a risk and he'd be throwing away another year of his career for no real reason. Also, as you said, if he's playing that late in his career he can always rejoin the league to challenge for the PL after Real and also beat Shearer's record.
None of us know for sure, but you can piece together consistent lines in briefings and interviews when you come across enough of them- English scoring records, English trophies etc etc, though I'm sure he'd happily do a couple of years Lewa style in La Liga at the end of his peak once he's got the record and won British trophies. And he could absolutely sign for City, whether or not Haaland's still there (although this would be an awful scenario), as one of the best no.10s in Europe as well as no.9s; I 'm not sure Pep is the GOAT and all the rest, but he's definitely good enough (and would be keen, given the chance) to make those two work as a partnership within his system....

JagUTD

Do whatever it takes. Levy would sell his gran for the right price. He will rinse us but it will be worth it. Offer them Maguire and Martial on a separate deal to recoup some of the money

While Kane alone doesn't make us title winners, he does increase our goal output by about 50% and probably makes the difference in the tight games.

Whatever it takes

IncyWincySpider

For some reason this summer I'm almost as excited to see who we sell and how much we get as I am about who we'll buy. I'm cautiously optimistic we might finally do a bit of good business in both directions.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Some good options around this season in key areas we need strenghtening - but we're seemingly hamstrung by our transfer budget a little. Hoping we can shift some plyers to build a decent enough kitty.

GBBQ

Mount and Kim Min Jae would be close to the alleged 100 mil that FFP would allow us. So we’ll need to start shifting players straight after and aim to go for a star striker for the latter half of the window.

We’d really need to be getting close to 80 mil for Maguire, McT, Martial and a few fringe players to have a proper chunk of change to go after a top striker. It’ll be a sign of how far our negotiating team have come if we can pull that off

Thiagoal

Mount and Kim Min Jae would be close to the alleged 100 mil that FFP would allow us. So we’ll need to start shifting players straight after and aim to go for a star striker for the latter half of the window.

We’d really need to be getting close to 80 mil for Maguire, McT, Martial and a few fringe players to have a proper chunk of change to go after a top striker. It’ll be a sign of how far our negotiating team have come if we can pull that off
I doubt the £100 million FFP figure is true. We seem to get similar reports at the start of every summer and then spend well more. Qualifying for the Champions League will surely increase the budget also

Dazzmondo

This release clause seems to have increased a lot. At first it was supposed to be like €45m. €60m really doesn't seem like that much of a bargain anymore, just seems like an accurate price, maybe about €10m less than his current ability

Nori-

If this Mac Allister deal really is "well below £60m" LFC have got a steal.

He's only 24, a World Cup winner, one of the stand out players in a great Brighton team and will prob end up costing less than Mount.

Sigh. We should have been in for him.

Hanky panky

I start to believe will not get Kane or Osimhem. But we will sign something like Hojlund, Mount and Kim. It would not be perfect but not a disaster either. Solid minus.

Dazzmondo

I start to believe will not get Kane or Osimhem. But we will sign something like Hojlund, Mount and Kim. It would not be perfect but not a disaster either. Solid minus.
I think that would be really bad tbh. If Rashford doesn't match his goal tally we could fall outside top 4 if those were our only signings

Status
Not open for further replies.