Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von Mistelroum

I would think that a left winger is a decent shout tbh. We can't afford to buy a striker for the first team and then a backup too. If we get someone in like Kang In-Lee who has a very low buyout clause, then we could buy a striker and use Rashford as the backup striker. Garnacho and the new left winger to fight for that position, Antony and Sancho to fight for the right side.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I would think that a left winger is a decent shout tbh. We can't afford to buy a striker for the first team and then a backup too. If we get someone in like Kang In-Lee who has a very low buyout clause, then we could buy a striker and use Rashford as the backup striker. Garnacho and the new left winger to fight for that position, Antony and Sancho to fight for the right side.
It's a terrible shout. Even more so given the headline is about Mount who can also play on the left (like Rashford, Sancho, Garnacho and others). Gives the article zero credibility.

Baxquux

Pretty much suggests we can’t get Kaine, so Neymar loan on Rashford and Hojlund as number 9 options and ETH may want to keep MG however I doubt the club will agree to that ??
Neymar loan for a season, given the budget, is a reasonable gamble, where he can alternate with Rashford during games LFW/CF, or with Bruno where BF pushes on and Neymar functions as playmaker for specific phases or just moves.

MG, I think club will fudge on, as discussed by many posters previously, and he'll get loaned out. Atalanta as a partial swap (transfer fee plus MG loan) for Hojlund would make a certain sense...

RedRover

Because, as some of you seem to have forgotten, we have limited funds and FFP restrictions this summer. We need to be smart, and entering a budding war with two other PL clubs + Bayern for a player who's already overvalued is not that.
So your idea is buy players who are good enough but pay less? Nice one. Not sure anyone has thought of that. Problem is that most of the players who come in in that bracket come from abroad ultimately aren't good enough.

The club has spent hundreds of millions on players since Fergie left and the vast majority of them just weren't/aren't good enough. The club needs established, quality players if it want's to compete. All of the other top clubs will improve. Casemiro shows what signing quality, established players does.

Bang on about FFP all you like. Do you think the clubs aren't across that and aware of exactly what they can spend? However incompetently you think the club may be ran, they're not saying "sorry lads, we've done the sums after signing [x] player and now we can't buy a striker". If bidding get's too rich they're drop out and go after alternatives.

The people whinging about us going after quality players are probably the same ones whinging when said player goes to another club and does well.

Rice may be overpriced, but if he's the player the manager wants the club should try their best to get him, subject to it fitting in with the budget and plans generally.

RedRover

I don't disagree, but is Declan Rice really the type of quality we want to prioritise? I think he's good, but I strongly feel we can get at least comparable quality for much better value.
Who?

Established PL players (and especially the English ones) cost a fortune and that's just how it is. He's a known quantity and that reduces risk. Caicedo is a different type of player but really looks the part and he'll go for a similar fee. Mac Allister will be less but isn't as good as Rice, in my opinion.

Personally, subject to budget I'd prefer quality and lower risk, than spending £50 - £60 million on another project player.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's an abysmal shout, we can obviously afford a striker that's why we're speaking to Kane and Hojlund.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
More depth. Because Rashford, Martial, Sancho, and Garnacho isn’t enough.
Possibly a backup winger, with plans to move a couple current players on. Martial is obviously a non factor and I'm sure ETH would ditch Sancho for transfer funds if he could get away with it.

Woziak

Neymar loan for a season, given the budget, is a reasonable gamble, where he can alternate with Rashford during games LFW/CF, or with Bruno where BF pushes on and Neymar functions as playmaker for specific phases or just moves.

MG, I think club will fudge on, as discussed by many posters previously, and he'll get loaned out. Atalanta as a partial swap (transfer fee plus MG loan) for Hojlund would make a certain sense...
I think MG will also be loaned out but they might do something which really winds the fanbase up and extend his contract as they gave a +1 on the contract looking to get £50-60m next summer if he plays well in Italy, I think he’ll go to Juventus on loan.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Possibly a backup winger, with plans to move a couple current players on. Martial is obviously a non factor and I'm sure ETH would ditch Sancho for transfer funds if he could get away with it.
Just seems a weird link when we’re desperate for a striker or two and we’re not certain of RW even. Would be a huge vote if confidence in Antony.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Just seems a weird link when we’re desperate for a striker or two and we’re not certain of RW even. Would be a huge vote if confidence in Antony.
I think Antony and Garnacho will be our guys next year, with Rashford used more in the middle. There will be plenty of chances for everyone to play in a 55-60 match all comps season.

Woziak

Anyone think Deja Vu is about to happen;

1. Another 2 months in limbo with who the new owner will be that’s if the Goblins sell the Club.

2. Early promise, fanfare in the transfer window to sign 2 or 3 upgrades and then we maybe get one of our c targets last week in July.

3. For the FDJ transfer Saga 20022 welcome Harry Kane 2023 thread, it’s coming !

4. Finally we get a new owner in late July but he’s only owns 33% and he becomes the 7th Glazer.

5. Too late do transfers because we dithered our way through the summer and used FFP as an excuse even after we sold Henderson, Maguire, Martial and S McTominay for £100m somehow?

United Fans will all keep refreshing this thread and many others on the CAF but for once don’t you just feel like hibernating for 12 weeks?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I think Antony and Garnacho will be our guys next year, with Rashford used more in the middle. There will be plenty of chances for everyone to play in a 55-60 match all comps season.
I hope Amad sticks around and gets a good shot at the first team too. Would be sad if he is used sporadically like Pellistri has been this season.

Hanky panky

Pretty much suggests we can’t get Kaine, so Neymar loan on Rashford and Hojlund as number 9 options and ETH may want to keep MG however I doubt the club will agree to that ??
This is a scenario I thought first. Rashford and Hojlund as a striker. Garnacho and somebody as a LW. But I don't like that idea so much. Rashford is better on the wing. He doesn't get ball enough when playing number 9.

Baneofthegame

If we do really have a tight budget, might have to be a rotation of:

Garnacho/Sancho
Rashford/Hoijland
Antony/Amad

Syphon Wallet

Would love to sign Kvaratskhelia for the lw.

I've been thinking about this for a while, we may have numbers at LW but the quality isn't there.

We need someone who can provide assists from the wings, it isn't happening atm.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Garnacho/Sancho
Rashford/Hoijland
Antony/Amad
It's been well documented that we want an experienced striker alongside a striker for the future. This scenario is never gonna happen

Roboc7

Anyone think Deja Vu is about to happen;

1. Another 2 months in limbo with who the new owner will be that’s if the Goblins sell the Club.

2. Early promise, fanfare in the transfer window to sign 2 or 3 upgrades and then we maybe get one of our c targets last week in July.

3. For the FDJ transfer Saga 20022 welcome Harry Kane 2023 thread, it’s coming !

4. Finally we get a new owner in late July but he’s only owns 33% and he becomes the 7th Glazer.

5. Too late do transfers because we dithered our way through the summer and used FFP as an excuse even after we sold Henderson, Maguire, Martial and S McTominay for £100m somehow?

United Fans will all keep refreshing this thread and many others on the CAF but for once don’t you just feel like hibernating for 12 weeks?
I think we are casting a large net because the change of ownership will hold up a lot of our transfer activity. Have to to have as many options as possible because some of them will be off the table by the time we have more clarity on the ownership.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Source:

The full quote on his future:
Good for him. If most of our fringe players showed that ambition we'd not have to worry about our own incompetence too much.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

Garnacho/Sancho
Rashford/Hoijland
Antony/Amad
I’d only be happy with that if we were all but guaranteed a world class striker next summer. Say someone who would be available on a free? English maybe? Name that rhymes with plane?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Garnacho/Sancho
Rashford/Hoijland
Antony/Amad
Our tight budget includes enough money for one major signing, so if we're not going after a world class striker, then we'll be going after a world class player for another position.

Josep Dowling

Garnacho/Sancho
Rashford/Hoijland
Antony/Amad
If that’s our plan we aren’t progressing. Bringing in a CF who has 8 goals in Serie A. Rashford has shown he can’t play down the middle. Sancho has shown he isn’t getting better. Amad has looked good in the Championship not the Premier League. Garnacho has promise but he’s still only 19, he will continue to be rotated and not start regularly.

The club sole priority should be a world class CF in their prime or as close to that as possible. If the budget is tight don’t waste £50m on Mount. It has to be about improving the starting 11 and if we don’t have a striker in the squad it’s an obvious improvement area.

RobbieBerns

I know Fred was spotted having a chat with Marco Silva after the last game at OT. If he wants to go and feel special at somewhere like Fulham, he’s more than welcome to. They just need to know it’s going to cost 35-40. I know he’s only got one year left on his deal but if Chelsea are charging 50+ for Mount and everyone wants to quote astronomic prices for us, if we’re going to let an established Brazil international leave to seek more playing time while he’s in his prime, he’s going to cost some real money. If we paid 50 for him not a coin less than 35 for him is fair, and that’s only due to his contract status and maybe a bit higher wages than they can afford.

RORY65

Starting to fear more and more that Kane's going to go to Real and we're going to gamble on Hojlund and Rashford to deliver our goals. Could see that being a disaster
We currently have Martial and Weghorst, how could buying a promising young striker be a disaster in comparison?

Woziak

Starting to fear more and more that Kane's going to go to Real and we're going to gamble on Hojlund and Rashford to deliver our goals. Could see that being a disaster
Might be worse than that, we genuinely think about reintegrating MG back into the squad, we don’t have the money if the deal for ownership is not done and ETH might be making his first mistake by pushing his reintegration, we need to use him for leverage in a transfer swap abroad.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's out of our hands to be fair. Very very few top strikers on the market.

Lights Out

Kane isn’t going to Real.

He wants to stay in the PL and beat Shearer’s all-time PL scoring record.

If he comes to United he’ll have the record in 2/3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.